“Comfy & Clean”

Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed here for one night to go to a wedding. The room smelled like bleach when we walked in, at least we knew it was clean. And the smell did dissipate after a while. The bed was comfy. The air conditioner was LOUD! We didn’t have time to go to the indoor pool, but it looked really nice! The bar/lounge in the lobby was pretty nice. They had a full menu, about 30 beers on tap and good drink prices. I went to get a cup of coffee in the lobby in the morning and you have to get a cup from the front desk. The coffee is only free if you’re a priority club member. If not, it’s $2 bucks. Really? You can’t spare a cup of coffee, Crowne Plaza? Most hotels give you a complimentary breakfast! And the coffee wasn’t even that good; it was Starbucks (ewww!). Just give everyone a free cup of coffee. They do have complimentary fresh soft pretzels in the lobby. I thought that was a nice touch. There are really no attractions around this hotel, but if you have an event to go to it’s a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed her for two nights as our friends were getting married down the block. This location was easy to get to. Aside from beaing near the catering hall, it is very easy to get to Rte 1 and the PA turnpike, pretty close to philly and about 20mins from Sesame Place.
The room and bathroom was clean and bed comfortable. The Shower actually had good water pressure (compared to other hotels I've stayed at). Our room had a fridge and microwave (I think we were upgraded from the room we originally booked). We had to check in pretty late at night and had no issues as they have a 24hr front desk. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was also plenty of parking and the free wi-fi service worked well and was a major plus.
You can purchase breakfast at the hotel in their Bistro. I would never do that again. Servers were not the most helpful. We were finally sat and given menus, no mention of the buffett we were staring at and we had to ask about it. After being seated and given our tea, the next time we saw the waitress was with the check, no offers for additional tea or even to see if all was okay. The plates and glasses were spotty and could have been cleaned better, that was a turn off for sure. We opted for the breakfast buffet instead of ordering from the menu. The food was not great and not worth the price ($11 each). The cheesy eggs and potatoes were tasteless, the toaster didn't toast, only warmed the food. I wound up eating a bagel with cream cheese, a few slices of bacon, and tea - a much overpriced breakfast.
In all the hotel accomdations are great and I'd stay here again and recommend it to others.(minus the breakfast)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed here from Monday Sept 10th to Friday Sept 14th for business. I believe it is overpriced for the area, but I have stayed here many times before for business. I arrived home on Friday to find a bunch of bug bites on my ankles, feet and legs. I'm not sure if they were bed bugs, but if I had to guess i would say yes. I have 3 more weeks of business but I am choosing to stay farther away at the Sheraton bucks county. It is cheaper and cleaner and I don't have to worry about bugs.

• Stayed: September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear smdio23,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Bucks County, Trevose, PA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My son & I stayed here on a business trip to Philly. This is a buzzing business oriented hotel. The room was very clean and well apportioned. Internet connection is good. The beds are comfortable, and new looking. Bar, restaurant, and barber shop on site. Large parking lot with shuttle service available. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

During our travels we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Trevose pa. The area is safe and close to Philadelphia surroundings. The staff was amazing from the start including Michael at the front desk. Every question or concern was answered professionally and helped us with our luggage. Our room was very clean and were surprised how nice the beds were. We slept greatttt. We will definitely be back and look forward to our new friends at the Crowne. See ya soon

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ccrableggs
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We just completed a two night stay, August 2012. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff could not have been any nicer or more helpful. We bought the package that included the Breakfast for two adults. It was well worth the money! Their website does not offer a good description of what you will be getting but it is a Hot and Cold Buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast,etc. and the cutest little Jars of Jam! The dining room is nice and bright and well staffed. The bar, Brady,s Pub offers a ton of beer choices. They have a nice little Hot Dog Menu with all kinds of Hot Dog combinations, like Junkyard Dogs. We went for Happy Hour, 1/2 priced appetizers. Although the apps. were pretty standard, everything was prepared to order by a Chef who CARES!, No burnt Quesadillas here! We would recommend this Hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had booked a block of rooms for my wedding August 4th. I had an awesome experience with the staff at the Crowne Plaza in Trevose. Audry Dowd answered all my questions in a timely matter and made my experience with this branch wonderful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Since it was our wedding night the hotel gave us a bottle of wine and a cheese platter. It was a wonderful surprise after a long night. We spent time at the bar after the wedding with our family and friends. We even enjoyed a delicious breakfast before leaving in the morning. I definitly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County? Share your experiences!