“The surface a bit worn but the staff wears a smile”

Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Trevose
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We just happened to select this hotel as we were in this area and needed to make a stop over.
Usually there is time to check reviews to avoid too much disappointment but in this case there wasn't.
What an absolute positive surprise to be met by a front desk staff with a genuine smile and helpfulness. We had forgotten some small items at home, but this was quickly resolved. But I had also forgotten the charger to my iPhone, which seemed at first to be a problem. But not for this front desk staff, who promptly offered to loan me the manager's (who was off-duty..) charger over night.
We didn't have any opportunity to sample the hotel's menu or any other amenities, and the hotel showed some advanced signs of age, but the hospitality shown by the staff at the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - Bucks County was what counted, and the beds were a heaven for tired traveller.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Maetal Z, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We appreciate your find comments and feedback. They will certainly be shared with the entire staff. We are please to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We certanly hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Thank you again, for taking the time to provide us with you comments and feedabck, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I believe I've only stayed here once before and it was awhile back. The location is on Street Road and convenient to the Turnpike, Route 1, and Parx Casino. I didn't get a chance to use them but this facility has two dining options on site, which is not all that common for a suburban facility. Convenient parking.

The only minor issues were with the room features. The HVAC unit is on the noisy side compared to others. The TV's stand doesn't swivel so difficult to view from the desk, I often multi-task. The item that got under my skin the most was the lack of electrical outlets. Wanted to charge my phone - had to use an outlet in the bathroom of all places.

The desk area is clearly not designed for a business traveler. To plug in my laptop I had to crawl under the desk and unplug the coffee pot. That was the only option, good grief.

You get the impression it's probably been a few years since the rooms were renovated. It's odd that they would have the issues I encountered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter, facing Street Road (it's set back a long distance). Rooms o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Maetal Z, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and response. It is greatly apprecaited.
We certainly take your comments and feedback very seriously, and consider them for future impovements. We will share these comments with the enitre team. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years when we come to visit family in the area. We have always found the hotel clean, comfortable and the staff is very helpful! Definitely a great value at a reasonable cost!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We certainly apprecaite your kind feedback and comments. We will absolutely share these with the entire staff/team. We certainly hope to have you as a guest again inthe near future.
We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay/experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

just wanted to let you know that you're bartenders Amy and Sean are wonderful people. had a great time their service was prompt and friendly. greeted my girlfriend and i with warm smiles and excellent sense of humor. the bar area was clean and welcoming. the food was great and never had to ask for anything.they are a credit to you're hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Maetal Z, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We do appreciate your kind words and feedabck. These comments will absolutely be shared with the staff mentioned. We appreciate you taking the time to forward these comments. We certainly hope you have the opportunity to returnin the near future.
We are extremely pleased to hear that you had such a pleasurable experience.
We absolutely strive to exceed guest expectations. I am glad we were able to meet this goal, in your experience. This means a lot to us.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We needed to stay in this area to be close to family over Thanksgiving. Overall, barely three stars.

The room was large and clean and decorated in a cute way. Comfy bed, nice pillows. Little couch, big TV, some free cable channels.

Here's what wasn't awesome:

- One of the two elevators wouldn't go to the 4th floor (where our room was) and they were both super slow, so big delays.

- The room service took almost an hour for some eggs and toast after a promise of 15-20 minutes. No apology.

- The elevator bank on our non-smoking floor stank of cigarettes. Our room was really far from it, so it smelled fine, but it's never fun to smell that as a non-smoker.

- The door knob on our room broke. It took a while to diagnose and fix, to the point where my sister, who had come to hang out in our room, just gave up and went home.

- The internet in the business center didn't work, so they had to let me behind the front desk to print our boarding passes, on a printer that was running out of ink.

- The staff was completely accustomed to and unfazed by all the broken things - just use the other elevator, we'll send a repair man, etc.

They did take the room service off the bill as we checked out, but at no point during any of this did they take any pride in their hotel and express surprise and regret that things weren't up to par. They clearly had low standards for the place.

I might stay there again due to the location, but only because there aren't any other choices in the area. They really should drop the price significantly to make up for all of this.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina H

We certainly appologize for the challenges which ocured during your stay. Thank you for taking the time, to forward these comments. These being grought to our attention, allow us to focus on these items, and take appropriate actions. We take these comments very seriously, and certainly create an action plan in order to avoid these from occuring in the future. We communicate and share this feedback to the appropriate staff and department. Your comments and feedback are very valuable and important to us. We certainly hope to have the opporunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I would like to take a few lines to recognize two if the Crowne Plaza's fine employees...Amy & Rebecca who work at the front desk. There was some confusion with my bill at checkout on Monday Oct. 28, 2013. The problem was quickly rectified and both ladies handled the situation and outcome with a professional grace not seen in most of todays "front of the line" workforce. You, as I would be, should be honored to have them as part of your team, and admire them as valuable assets to your company's visions and goals. They both exemplify the best of what your brand stands for and demonstrate it to its' finest. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank EricF5882IC
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Attended a wedding at Celebrations and was recommended to stay a the Crown Plaza - I was pleasantly surprised....the front desk agents were friendly and efficient with my check in. Hotel immaculately clean and the upgraded room on the 6th floor was well appointed, clean and had a microwave! Loved being able to heat up water for many cups of green tea during my stay. Highly recommend spending the couple extra dollars for this club level room - can't remember the last time I slept this well - bedding so comfortable.
Great restaurant and bar for drinks before and after the wedding.
Thanks for a great stay - not sure if my travels will bring me back to this area but if so, I will definitely chose the Crowne Plaza on Street Road in Trevose for my hotel accommodations.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the club level rooms ( I believe this is how they were referred to) for a great bed...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnafw
Maetal Z, Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. This is greatly appreciated. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourself, and are able to share you positive experience. We certainly hope you return to the area and we are able to host you again in the future. We will certainly share these kind workd and comments withthe appropriate individuals. Again, thank you for your time, and thank you for sharing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trevose
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Comfort Inn Trevose
Comfort Inn Trevose
#4 of 6 in Trevose

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia-Bucks County? Share your experiences!