“ok but not spectacular”

Fry Brothers Turkey Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Trout Run
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We've been here several times. The restaurant is clean and pleasant. Restrooms were clean and service was quick and efficient. The food varied from just OK to tasty. The turkey was bland and no where near as good as I eat at home. The Russian dressing (which I would call Thousand Island) was excellent. We always take some home. My wife had the fish sandwich special. She said it was just OK and the cheese on it was one puny slice. We'd stop again but we won't rush back.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My in-laws suggested that I stop here on my way up to the Finger Lakes for work. I really want not in the mood for a home-cooked turkey meal, but I reluctantly decided to stop there anyway.

I could have not been happier. I typically dislike turkey and gravy, but this was phenomenal. I think I got the open-faced turkey sandwich with fries and I loved every bite of it!

I was really happy with the french fries! I could have eaten 3 plates of them!

Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was really happy with the french fries! I could have eaten 3 plates of them!

Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped on our way to rochester an found it to be what it promises. Wonderful roast turkey served with house made gravy on county white bread and stuffed with dressing. Country decor and clean...including the restrooms, which were found lacking by a previous visitor. Great lunch....gourmet no just down home good.

1  Thank sandybRochester_Ny
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stopped here on the way from Toronto to Waynesboro PA. Since we were traveling over Thanksgiving, I thought it would be nice to have a turkey dinner. And since this was a "turkey ranch" I figured that the food would be fresh and locally raised. WRONG! It hasn't been a turkey ranch since 1970 when the turkey barns burnt down! Service was great, but the turkey was as close to turkey as Cheese Whiz is to a good cheddar. Dry, tasteless slabs with instant gravy, instant mashed potatoes and instant biscuits. And an iceberg lettuce salad! Who eats iceberg lettuce any more? Yup, I'm an urban elitist food snob.... If you eat lots of frozen dinners and at fast food restaurants, you'll probably love this place. If you like to eat real food, pass this one by!