“From A Highway Sign”

Steam Valley Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Trout Run
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Heading south in Pennsylvania, on Highway 15, considering lunch in Williamsport we saw a red highway sign for Steam Valley Restaurant. Since we enjoy eating in other than fast food joints we decided to visit.

Steam Valley Restaurant is a very short drive off the highway attached to an Exon station. It doesn't look like much from the outside but we were told by a couple who we asked and they said it was good. We were greeted by a couple who were leaving as if we ere old friends and the staff inside also greeted us warmly.

We enjoyed sharing a cherry milkshake as we hadn't seen one on a menu in years. It was tasty and sufficient as I couldn't have consumed a whole one and still eaten my lunch.

The special of the day was a fish sandwich with fries that came with a salad. Service was prompt and our food tasty. I resisted a piece of pie from the list on a white board.

Worth a stop if you are in the area and good value for the price.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stopped in with my boyfriend for a QUICK meal (obviously choices are limited in Trout Run, PA). We ordered a burger and chicken fingers. We waited over 45 minutes and we were only 1 of 3 parties in the restaurant. We started debating leaving as we were in a hurry, so we looked back at the kitchen to see if our food was almost ready. The waitress walked over to our table and rudely asked us if we were "ok", evidently because we looked like we were wondering what was taking so long. You would think with that much effort, the food would be amazing... but of course it was cold and soggy.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This restaurant has gone down hill since my original review. They use to have excellent "close to home cooking", but not anymore. I always liked the roast beef dinner, but now the quality is very poor. On our most recent visit (10/12/13), I ordered the roast beef dinner and the slices appeared to have been sliced a long time and left to dry out. It was so dry that even the gravy they put on top of it couldn't help. My wife ordered the roast turkey and that was nothing but little bits and pieces. There were no nice slices. They have moved their salad bar, and as part of the move, downsized the number of items available. They have also increased their prices considerably, including the price of a soft drink to $2.25. To be fair, the soft drink price does include free refills, but how many people drink two or more drinks with a meal?

1  Thank 46Dad
Reviewed 14 October 2013

On our way to the Penn State game, wanted to grab some lunch before we got to Happy Valley. Saw the parking lot was full so we assumed the food would be good. My kids had BLT's and chicken fingers and we had a great bacon cheese burger. Nothing to complain about, food was good, tasty and fresh. The coffee was just as good as the service. Will stop in again but this time we will have some of the pies they offer.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went in to eat here because we got gas next door. The staff was very friendly. The food was just ok. We had a hard time deciding what to order because nothing sounded that exciting on the menu. They had basic food-club sandwich, grilled cheese or ham and cheese, hamburgers. To be fair, they did have dinners (hot roast beef, etc.) and I don't know how they were. They do serve breakfast all day. My daughter got pancakes. I can tell they were cooked on the same surface as the burgers were just cooked on. We probably won't stop here again.