“Great Stay at Tunkhannock Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tunkhannock
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We spent the weekend at Tunkhannock Comfort Inn while in town for a wedding. It was, without exception, a great stay. From the wonderful service we received while making our phone reservations to the early (5am) to breakfast for my hungry 8 year old, the staff went out of their way to be pleasant and accommodating. The property was clean and everything in excellent working order. We would definitely return here and recommend with out hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Gary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

DianaBPFS,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive experience on Tripadvisor!

We hope to be able to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I've had to stay at the hotel on business. The room was VERY nice, clean, and comfortable. I worked at night and housekeeping even cleaned my room 1st so that I may be able to sleep right after I got off from work. ONE THING THAT CONCERNED ME....There was a lot of cracking and popping noise. It sounded like someone was pacing back and forth in the next room. It was a creepy feeling b/c this person apparently was pacing for over 8 hours. (I was scared to even make sure someone was even in the room next door). I felt like someone had shook the bed while I was asleep and moved me on my bed. (creepy) My 2nd to the last night. I went to sleep when I got off and was awaken by this crazy noise coming from the closet. (I ignored it b/c God has not given me the spirit of fear) The noise came about again, so I turned on a light. The light started blinking. I turned it off hoping it was a shortage b/c I was a little on edge. I turned on a 2nd lamp and it started blinking again. Turned that off and turned on the big light which started blinking. I called the front desk and they don't know why it happens but it does in addition to the tv turning on and off. I prayed and called on JESUS. There's just something that doesn't sit right in room 234. The reason I say this is b/c it's on the end and I then heard noises coming from the side where there's no one or room there. OVERALL my stay was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J K
Gary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

jxk,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

The issues you have described are certainly unique. This is the first time we have heard of anything such as these taking place.

I appreciate you informing us the exact issues and Room Number and we will certainly be looking into those ASAP.

We hope to host you again upon your return to Tunkhannock.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I didn't review this hotel right away, although I should have. The quality and cleanliness are some of the best I have ever seen. It is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I had a great stay. It is a little pricy, but that's because it is booked full well in advance. An it is worth every penny! I think it should rate a higher star rating in general.

From the room quality and cleanliness, the awsomely comfortable bed and linens, to the ammentities and free breakfast (so many choices) this place is a gem.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be good, but the suites are extra special.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Goodwaterwitch

Goodwaterwitch,

Thank you so much for staying with us any enjoying the bed, linens, breakfast, and our other amenities!

We appreciate you review and hope to host you again soon when you are in Tunkhannock!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn on multiple occasions, even though I live less than 5 miles away. I have two young children and we have stayed here for many reasons, but the number one is so that we can have a mini-"staycation" where the kids use the indoor pool and then enjoy the breakfast the next morning.
Last April (2012) we had my son's 7th birthday party sleepover here with a couple of friends from 1st grade. The hotel booked us in a double queen room with a pull out right across from the pool. My son had 3 friends come and we swam, had pizza and cupcakes and a sleepover at the hotel. The next morning they all had a blast making waffles and sampling all of the different foods offered at the hot breakfast and were pleasantly surprised to receive little party favor bags from the woman at the front desk. Then back to the pool before it was time to pack it in. He loved it so much we are doing it again this April and I can't wait. It is so much easier than having it at the house. The place is clean, quiet, safe and offers wireless internet and ample parking.
Compared to some of the other options in Tunkhannock, you cannot go wrong here and I have used this as a measure when considering hotels outside of the area. You won't be disappointed with your stay here.

Room Tip: I have only ever stayed on the first floor because we are usually there to use the pool and I want t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Gary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Holly A,

We are so proud to hear that you, your children and friends had such a wonderful time during your stay with us!

We genuinely appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us here at The Platinum Award Winning Comfort Inn and Suites!

If there is anything we can do for you during your next stay let us know!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

New motel---------excellent accomodations and staff that want to please---------nothing like it in the area. Beautiful setting by river and right by the town. Prices competitive. Typical Comfort Inn breakfast. Pool and work out area available.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Gary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dave S.,

Thank you for your review and choosing Comfort Inn and Suites while in Tunkhannock!

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

This is second year in a row I have stayed at this place during the hunting season. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. Last year in helping find a place to eat and this year I left my phone charger at home. When I asked if they happened to have one, the lady working the desk, went to the back and had one in the lost and found which fit my phone. It is very clean and comfortable. Will continue to use them for my future hunting trips!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Gary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Anthony C,

Thank you giving us the opportunity to host you again while you hunt here in Wyoming County!

We appreciate your review and hope to see you again next hunting season!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Overall I thought the hotel was very comfortable and close to all the things I needed, food, shopping, etc. The room was clean, cozy, and meet all my needs. The continental breakfast in the morning was excellent, full range of cold items, hot eggs and meat, fresh fruit and all those items. The staff was pleasant, courteous and attentive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
PA659, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear John C,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us a favorable review.

We appreciate you enjoyed your stay with mention of our location, amenities, and staff.

We hope to host you again when passing through our area.

Gary Kaschak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
#1 of 6 in Clarks Summit

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock? Share your experiences!