“TLC desperately needed”

Shadowbrook Inn and Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tunkhannock
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed on first floor last weekend for one night. I can see that at one point, the rooms were probably great. But, the room was in bad shape. Drab. Not enough bright lights. Needs to be updated. Needs fresh paint on walls. Bathroom ceiling tile was stained. I didnt sleep well at all.

Room Tip: There might be renovated rooms. I would ask for those if you decide to stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2013

hallways smelled like damp basement. Room had large stains on carpet. One bare bulb lamp, the other with a stained shade. Blanket had cigarette burn holes. Toilet didn't want to flush. TV didn't work. Bed linens seemed clean, bed was comfortable, no bugs or rodents noted. Porch had two old plastic chairs, and a little plastic table with a hole burned through the middle. Can't believe we paid $100/night for this place.

Room Tip: if you have a pair of flip flops and your own towel, and don't care about amenities, feel free t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I witnessed a restaurant manager push a guest that was being taken to there room the front desk ladies take it in there hands to make clames against people they do not like. ( tryed to get guest removed from the hotel and almost fired from there job because they found the guest to look offensive ) very rude and judgemental. not a good place for childern due to the extnsive partys the hotels holds with an open bar for the party goers. the ladies at the bar are the only reason the hotel is nice due to there professional nature and nonjudgemental attitude .

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank dissaponitedguest
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Was here in October 2012 (see my earlier review). Well, the place has not changed a bit, where some TLC is needed on this property. I had reserved two rooms: both were a reasonably large size, one was clean and in OK (just OK) condition. The other had this strong mouldy smell to it and felt run down. The rest of the place is the very same thing it was last fall... Unfortunately, not too many hotel choices in Tunkhannock, and it is my opinion this hotel's management is banking on that situation to get away with a sub-par hotel... One last note: the lady at the front desk was the same one as last fall, and she still had this "why am I here" kind of attitude, not terribly welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fearlessbob
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We came to this place because we had a big family gathering and there was no space at the lake house. How bad could it be?!?! The funny part to me was the front desk staff. They where young women who looked angry that they got the long weekend shift. It was effort to get their attention and they seemed to do their best not to get off their chair. Also, I would guess they had little to no training in managing guests as they gave poor explanations and offered little to no help in problem solving for us. You would never guess that some of the most willing and talented people are looking for work right now.

We had room 146 which is at the back of the hotel. If you don't like to walk then stay away from this room.

The breakfast was upstairs in the hotel. No staff around and the air conditioning was no existent. There was bread, waffles and juice. It was passable.

Their is also no air conditioning in the hallways. Very strange.

The rooms are huge and well air conditioned. The furniture squeaks and feels unstable. The rooms are super dark and there are only two dim lights in very large rooms.

Another funny thing is they want you to pay to use the pool. The pool is small and the jacuzzi is cold. Good luck finding a staff member as the only staff around appeared to be one to two people at the front desk. Go and talk to them, it's amusing!

Room Tip: room 143 was very far away from the car parking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JaredDubai
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Inn-Resort on 6-16-13 and I do not know where to begin on the conditions of the this place. We arrived and it looked very nice[looks can be deceiving]. Then we entered our room and found no hangers for our clothes, the headboard was not connected to the bed or wall so when you moved it banged against the wall. They had a different toilet tank lid that sat hanging off, no stopper in the sink the tv reception was awful. To top it off you had to pay to swim in their pool. They charged us $100.00 for the night. This place was horrible, we should have left but that was our mistake. PLEASE think twice before you book at this place.

Room Tip: Good Luck!
Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed at Shadowbrook last weekend for my nieces college graduation.
1. I didn't get the two beds I had a a reservation for; i got one queen
2. We found the room to be clean but very old. Smelled musty, but we opened a window and
it got better.
3 The cable for the TV needs fixing. The reception was horrible on every channel
4 the registration is not handicapp accessible and I'm handicapped
5 On the up side, it had a little refridgerator and a microwave. The bed felt quite new and I
liked the pillows.

I understand management is trying to rennovate, YEAH because my niece is getting married there next year and I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
Hampton Inn Tunkhannock
#1 of 4 in Tunkhannock
Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock
The Prince Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Shadowbrook Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!