“Eclectic and interesting decor albeit noisy”
Review of Twigs Cafe

Twigs Cafe
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Tunkhannock
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Full menu served all day. Lunch & Dinner. Hours: Sun-Thurs 11-9. Friday & Saturday 11-10 Private upstairs room available to seat 50. Call for info.
York, PA
“Eclectic and interesting decor albeit noisy”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We made a reservation and went to Twigs last Saturday night after having a week of house guests and not wanting to cook or cleanup again. It fit the bill nicely for that. The server was very pleasant and accommodating, checking back frequently. My husband had the shrimp and scallops sauté over pasta and they disappeared quickly. We both had Caesar salads, mine with anchovies, and I thought the dressing was delicious and the croutons were flavorful and crunchy. I ordered the chicken francaise over linguine because I love a good piccata and the menu said this was with lemon. While the chicken was tender, they seemed to have forgotten all about the lemon. I should have just asked for a lemon slice but I doused it with the Parmesan cheese served on the side and it was fine. Next time I will order the Athenian chicken which I have had in the past and know it is quite good. My only complaint with the restaurant is the music. I love Adele and Maroon 5 and listen to current artists always but, really . . . Not for dinner music if you are serving a variety of clientele. Twigs appears to be working hard to be a fine dining venue and the music is not a good match. Maybe they could turn the volume down slightly and switch to something less obtrusive?

Visited August 2014
1 Thank carlheir

PA
“OK”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Service was very good.However, since our last visit, it has gone downhill. Veal was overdone.
Crab had no taste.sEcond cup of chai totally watered down. The waiter did correct this.
Potatoes tasteless.
Waiter was pleasant.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MRP57
Jerry B, Owner at Twigs Cafe, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello Jerry here. I have spoke to my kitchen staff regarding your meal. They were aware of it
after the manager working informed them. We strive to always be the best but unfortunately we do occasionally falter. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We will pay more attention to details.
My apologies. Owner Jerry.
Clifford, Pennsylvania
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to take the motorcycle here today for lunch. We were able to sit outside, which is always nice. Some tables outside were reserved, so you may want to call ahead before you go. We started with a couple of drinks, which were excellent, we ordered the crab and artichoke dip that came with toasted bread, which was a great choice from the normal tortilla chips. We both had fish entrees: Wahoo and stuffed salmon and they both tasted fantastic and were filling. We try to make our way here a couple times a year and this trip was excellent as always!

Visited July 2014
Greater Cincinnati
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are looking for a good burger this isn't the place.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was hoping by all of the good reviews that TWIGS has received that their burgers might be one of the better ones I have eaten across the US. Unfortunately the Wisconsin Burger that I had was about average and nothing worth ordering again. I liked the restaurant and the staff was very friendly. I will go back but next time I'll try something different.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KYPRYD
Jerry B, Owner at Twigs Cafe, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
I am sorry you felt that way. We sell hundreds of burgers a week, with no complaints. I would suggest a Hot House burger or a Twigs Burger, Blue Goose or build your own next time. We serve 100% Angus beef, no fillers. Not a fast food type burger and real meat. I hope next time you choose one the burgers I have mentioned. The Wisconsin is pretty basic, but good. Thanks!
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful food, well located, great price.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We received a meal here as part of a sweepstakes win and are very grateful for this restaurant's willingness to work with the Endless Mountain Visitor's Bureau to provide us with the opportunity to dine here. I ordered the crab cake sandwich and was not disappointed: I almost ordered the "house favorite" crab cakes but a busy day left me craving the carbs of a sandwich. The tomato was fresh and crisp, the crab cake flavorful, and the roll substantial. I only wish they'd allowed a choice of sides as I don't care for kettle chips. My grandson had the chicken nuggets with fries, and enjoyed both: the child's portion was large and I confess I helped him with the fries. They were delicious, My son devoured his cheese steak but did not care for the overly sweet and fruity beer special. My favorite part of this restaurant? The whimsical bluebell-style lamps! I've never seen any like them, and they made me smile. The staff was also fine with my grandson dining in a butterfly costume, which was much appreciated! I'm glad we had a chance to visit and am hoping to return.

• Visited July 2014