“Still Great After All These Years”

Fireplace Restaurant Catering
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Tunkhannock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Have been here twice in the last couple of years. Worked there as a bus boy one summer 40 years ago when I was in high school. Was great then and still is. An astounding variety of items on the menu. You name it and they pretty much have it. Soups, salads, seafood, steaks, and sandwiches. It's a great American menu in an antique shop's worth of decor.

1  Thank Archer_Broadmeadow
There are newer reviews for Fireplace Restaurant Catering

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I are visiting my brother and sister-in-law this week. We have always loved the Fireplace till last Tuesday. 3 of us ordered the Peg Leg Plate. All fried and all fried too much. The onion rings were good. We had the seafood bisque and it was lukewarm. Would have been delicious if it were hot. Next time we come for a visit we will be looking for a new favorite restaurant.

3  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

When my meal came out I seen that the end of the prime rib cut is what I was receiving, not pleasing at first. I decided to give it a try, the meat was tender and very tasty, not typical for end cuts, I'm sure the center cuts were out of this world. Plenty of side dishes, good bread, and you even get desert bread like banana or pumpkin, I bought a loaf, it's that good. Well worth your time and money!

2  Thank Wayne F
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The location is convenient for people driving on PA Route 6, but unless one is in a hurry, it's worth taking the extra time to stop atnone of the restaurants in the downtown area, such as Seasons, Tioga Bistro (lunch), or even Twigs Cafe. Fireplace serves mediocre food and it relies on it's location to keep in business, not good food.

3  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We take the family and friends once every 2 or 3 months The atmosphere is very nice if you like country and antiques. We do. The food is average. When I am in the mood for Prime Rib I usually eat here. The last order I had was not as good as I had expected. The bisque is a favorite. Prices are fair for most of the meals. They have a bar for drinks, but we never ordered any. I have to say the fresh baked banana bread is great.The service is OK but could be better. It depends on who you get. I would recommend the Fireplace but I could not rave about it.

2  Thank ALONIW