Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
US$61
US$58
US$89
US$87
Comfort Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$143
US$63
US$51
Priceline
All reviewsstate collegestony pointhome away from homehouse is beautifulrich historyplace to staycentral pennsylvaniaother guestsrailroadaltoonacomfortprivacypsu
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Went there for a college visit to Penn State with spouse and college bound daughter. The stay was so nice that I am pulling for daughter to pick the school so we can stay there more often. Paul was an amazing workman host that did everything to make our stay comfortable. His description of how he cleaned the star light in entrance was both a work of art in maintenance and description. Don't expect 4 star restaurants in town but nice friendly family owned venues. We will be back next opportunity. Great!

Room Tip: Talk to Paul
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I am not sure I can right a review that truly express how amazing Stony Point is. Paul was amazing from the word go. I contacted the B & B via an inquiry on their website. Paul contacted my by phone within two hours of my submission. Though it was short notice my plans were still not firm and Paul bent over backwards to accommodate us. When we arrived we were meet at the door and shown to our rooms. I had request a single room with a roll-a-way, as we were traveling with our 2 and 4 year old daughters. Paul had set us up on the third floor, so much better then what I had requested. I highly recommend the third floor for anyone traveling with children! It's perfect way to stay at a B & B and still be able to enjoy some adult time. When he asked me if it was ok, I wanted to jump and down and scream yes, yes, but kept my composure. Besides the fact that the house itself is beautiful and has amazing architecture it is also meticulously cared for and immaculate. The third floor had two large bedrooms and a private bath with Jacuzzi tub. Each room had an LCD TV, robe, basket of candy, extensive collection of toiletries, and towels. The bath room also had more towels and toiletries. Also provided for us was a refrigerator stocked with water and sodas, microwave with popcorn, and a Kurig with an assortment of coffees. My husband and I are also paranormal enthusiast and when we asked Paul if he would mind if we had a look around he gave us a full tour and history of the property. As if that was not all ready enough my husband asked if it would be OK if we did some metal detecting on the property. Not only did he give us the green light but he encouraged us, so if you stay at the B & B just ask and he can show you our finds. In the morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. As I sat in the kitchen drinking my coffee I chatted with Paul while he was making maple nut monkey bread, strawberry pancakes, sausage, and bacon. The only bad part of our stay was leaving! The one night was not long enough! I am sure we will be back, maybe at Christmas just to see what the place looks like! Oh and one last comment my two year old got a hold of the guest book and well, let's just say she made her mark over, and over, and over again! I was absolutely mortified, though Paul took it all in stride and said "kids will be kids"! I would recommend this property for families, couples, girls weekends, family reunions, or weddings.

Room Tip: The third floor!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The "Stony Point Star" shines brightly in this beautifully restored historic home. The inn keeper (Paul) could make sleeping in a tent seem like dream accommodations, but he is graced to have the most beautiful, and historic Bed and Breakfast I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The home is impeccable, the grounds amazing, and Paul’s hospitality is something out of a romance novel. My family owns a “vacation home” less than 20 minutes away, and we are planning to stay here next time, rather than there. The Stony Point provides five (5) star accommodations, tucked out of view from the mainstream. Mountain bikes are available (at the Inn) and being directly between Spruce Creek and Fisherman’s Paradise you have two world class fly fishing streams within 20 minutes. For those interested in the railroad – The Tyrone Railroad museum is five minutes away, and the famous horseshoe curve (in Altoona) is about a 20 minute drive. The evening we stayed, we found ourselves sitting around the breakfast bar enjoying the company of other guests while speaking of the history of the home and town. This place is great – we will be staying there again

Room Tip: They are all equally awesome
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I live in the Philadelphia area, and I found out just today (September 2) that we need to accommodations at State College for contract work next weekend, which, unfortunately, is the weekend of the big Penn State-Alabama game. Everything in a hundred mile radius was all booked up or priced at special event rates.

Calling around to various bed and breakfasts in the area, we stumbled upon Stony Point B&B and the extraordinarily accommodating inn-keep, Paul. This guy is so confident of what he has to offer that he actually told us to contact five other places before calling him back. I always thought the first rule in sales is to never let the customer go check out the competition, so this was quite impressive. After inevitably getting back to him, Paul arranged a room for us at his Clay Avenue house at a very reasonable rate. The pictures he's sent of the house look wonderful. As a bonus, he says that the Clay Avenue place has spanking new beds and linens. I only wish that I was going to be staying there for leisure and not for work. I will be writing again after next weekend to report on what I expect to be an excellent stay.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rroser
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Beautiful, traditional house in a beautiful setting with a history that is very interesting. Impeccable cleanliness! Comfortable bed, spacious rooms. The innkeeper is very interested in making sure you are comfortable and have what you need. Breakfasts were out of this world.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple