“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Paul worked magic! After a twelve hour drive that should have been three hours (due to flood related road closures), Paul revived our spirits with a warm greeting, wine and a homemade snack. This at ten p.m., after what had to have already been a long day, for him, as well.
Even our fifteen year old daughter, who is not a B&B enthusiast, loved it. The rooms were beautifully and comfortably furnished. The bathroom cabinet had a wide variety of toiletry brands and an assortment of not typically supplied items.
Before we turned in for the night, Paul asked us what time we wanted breakfast. When we came down bright and early, our plates of deliciousness were hot and waiting for us. Unfortunately circumstances did not permit us time to fully enjoy the house and gardens. We can't wait to do so on what we hope to be many return visits to this hidden gem, especially as it is very convenient to the Grier School that our daughter attends.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Avon, Ohio
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This charming and embracing B & B made our trip perfect! It was immaculate and Innkeeper Paul has a way of making each guest feel as if they are his only guest! He went above and beyond. We will stay at this beautiful property again and again.

1 Thank AnetteO
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We thought that our first visit was outstanding; but, Paul continues to amaze us in his ability to manage a fantastic B&B. Let's address the second "B"; breakfast, for someone who claims not to be an experienced chef; his breakfasts are not only delicious but are amazingly different in variety.

As to the accomodations; the place is immaculate; bathrooms have the missing amenities one may forget to bring, beds are great; big screen tv's in the room, The inn is quiet, comfortable and romantic. The hillside setting and the paths that Paul is unveiling our a photographer and nature lovers dream.

Paul continues to discover items related to the history of the building and it's inhabitants. It is in this area that Paul's passion for the structure and his love of the property truly shines. You will be hard pressed to find someone who cares about making your stay and return more than he does. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Merrymonk
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The sign of a good Bed and Breakfast is not wanting to leave when your stay is complete! My husband and I felt this way after our first visit to Stony Point. We were attending the Penn State home opener, and wanted to add in a little relaxing get away for the weekend. Stony Point proved to be the perfect retreat. A gorgeous home, meticulous accomodations; Paul, the inkeeper, went above and beyond to provide us with a weekend tailored to our tastes, including a tailgate breakfast inspired by our hometown. Fresh mountain air outside and incredibly soft and delicious smelling towels inside, comfortable beds and every ammenity you may need. A home away from home! Our Sunday morning was leisurely, as we walked the grounds listening to the church bells chime. We will certainly visit Stony Point again and recommend this historic home to everyone on tripadvisor!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kari M
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Went there for a college visit to Penn State with spouse and college bound daughter. The stay was so nice that I am pulling for daughter to pick the school so we can stay there more often. Paul was an amazing workman host that did everything to make our stay comfortable. His description of how he cleaned the star light in entrance was both a work of art in maintenance and description. Don't expect 4 star restaurants in town but nice friendly family owned venues. We will be back next opportunity. Great!

Room Tip: Talk to Paul
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I am not sure I can right a review that truly express how amazing Stony Point is. Paul was amazing from the word go. I contacted the B & B via an inquiry on their website. Paul contacted my by phone within two hours of my submission. Though it was short notice my plans were still not firm and Paul bent over backwards to accommodate us. When we arrived we were meet at the door and shown to our rooms. I had request a single room with a roll-a-way, as we were traveling with our 2 and 4 year old daughters. Paul had set us up on the third floor, so much better then what I had requested. I highly recommend the third floor for anyone traveling with children! It's perfect way to stay at a B & B and still be able to enjoy some adult time. When he asked me if it was ok, I wanted to jump and down and scream yes, yes, but kept my composure. Besides the fact that the house itself is beautiful and has amazing architecture it is also meticulously cared for and immaculate. The third floor had two large bedrooms and a private bath with Jacuzzi tub. Each room had an LCD TV, robe, basket of candy, extensive collection of toiletries, and towels. The bath room also had more towels and toiletries. Also provided for us was a refrigerator stocked with water and sodas, microwave with popcorn, and a Kurig with an assortment of coffees. My husband and I are also paranormal enthusiast and when we asked Paul if he would mind if we had a look around he gave us a full tour and history of the property. As if that was not all ready enough my husband asked if it would be OK if we did some metal detecting on the property. Not only did he give us the green light but he encouraged us, so if you stay at the B & B just ask and he can show you our finds. In the morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. As I sat in the kitchen drinking my coffee I chatted with Paul while he was making maple nut monkey bread, strawberry pancakes, sausage, and bacon. The only bad part of our stay was leaving! The one night was not long enough! I am sure we will be back, maybe at Christmas just to see what the place looks like! Oh and one last comment my two year old got a hold of the guest book and well, let's just say she made her mark over, and over, and over again! I was absolutely mortified, though Paul took it all in stride and said "kids will be kids"! I would recommend this property for families, couples, girls weekends, family reunions, or weddings.

Room Tip: The third floor!
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The "Stony Point Star" shines brightly in this beautifully restored historic home. The inn keeper (Paul) could make sleeping in a tent seem like dream accommodations, but he is graced to have the most beautiful, and historic Bed and Breakfast I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The home is impeccable, the grounds amazing, and Paul’s hospitality is something out of a romance novel. My family owns a “vacation home” less than 20 minutes away, and we are planning to stay here next time, rather than there. The Stony Point provides five (5) star accommodations, tucked out of view from the mainstream. Mountain bikes are available (at the Inn) and being directly between Spruce Creek and Fisherman’s Paradise you have two world class fly fishing streams within 20 minutes. For those interested in the railroad – The Tyrone Railroad museum is five minutes away, and the famous horseshoe curve (in Altoona) is about a 20 minute drive. The evening we stayed, we found ourselves sitting around the breakfast bar enjoying the company of other guests while speaking of the history of the home and town. This place is great – we will be staying there again

Room Tip: They are all equally awesome
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!