“Do we have to go home!!!, Beautiful Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The weekend started off a bit slow and tedious with all of the Penn State homecoming traffic coming up 322 but as soon as we were greeted at the door by Paul it was all worth it. After we got situated in the room (Shenandoah Room) Paul invited my wife and I down to the Dinning room for a little evening meet and greet with the other guests. I've stayed at other B&B's and this was the first one where the Innkeeper had a little meet and greet on the first night of the weekend stay. We both had a great time getting to know the other guests. After the Dinning room Paul encouraged the guests to explore the down stairs rooms and we all ended up in the Library where Paul told us a little bit of the history of the house. Saturday morning started with a fantastic breakfast of Blueberry Pancakes, Sausage and Eggs, Cinamon Bread, Coffee (Great Coffee) and juice. The Blueberry Pancakes were some of the best I ever had. We spent Saturday exploring the area (Old Bedford Village, Bedford Pa and several winerys in the area). After dinner Saturday night we came back to the Inn to have a little wine and cheese with the other guests. Sunday morning started off with another fantastic breakfast. The house house has a very warm and inviting feeling, we both didn't want to leave. Paul is a very friendly Innkeeper and loves to talk to the guests about the history of the house. The Shenandoah room is a very nice room with a private bath, the amazing thing about the house is that all of the original fixtures are still in the house including all of the bathroom fixtures. If it wasn't for the fact I'm moving to Chicago I'd come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Stony Point Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I I have nothing but good things to say about Stony Point. My mother an I recently stayed 2 nights there for Penn State homecoming. The leaves were gorgeous. The house was amazing inside and out. Paul fixed a huge dinner Friday night and large breakfasts both mornings. We had a great time meeting the other travelers. You definitely get your money's worth and more! Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I recently visited Stony Point to help inquire about holding a wedding at this beautiful Bed & Breakfast. As a former Tyrone resident now living in Chambersburg, Pa. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience touring and talking to Paul about the history of the House. Paul was very excited about what he does and shared with the utmost professionalism and courtesy I did not expect but relished. As a former teacher, athletic director and presently as a coach, I was impressed by Paul's presentation. I was equally impressed by the lay out of the house, the Italian archways and the grounds. We will be thrilled to have a wedding here for our family members and it will be forever remembered. Paul made us a cup of coffee, gave us chocolate bars and put up with our 4 or 5 visits with other family members that day. I am looking forward to the wedding there but I also can't wait to book a room for an overnight stay.Please, if you read my review consider Stony Point for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony Y
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I'm not the type of travler that writes reviews, but this place needs to be written about. My wife and I went to a Penn State Football game and needed a place to say after the game. I would have never known about this wonderful B&B if it were not for my wife. Paul, the innkeeper, when out of this way to make us feel welcomed. Stony Point is extremely clean and well kept. Paul embodies the love of being a B&B owner. He is very involved with his guests and wants to make sure that you love his place as much as he does. He even had a wine and cheese tasting. His breakfast was out of this world. We loved our stay and it was one of the best that we have ever had at a B&B . FIVE STARS IN MY BOOK!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 4 October 2011

An enjoyable quaint place. The wine and cheese serving, and tour of the railroad history of the building added a nice touch. The overhead lamps throw a quiet mediative mood with their unique starlike patterns. Breakfast was superb with it's home cooked flavor and variety of Southern style dishes. If you want a retreat from the noisy hubbub of everyday life, give Stonypoint a try.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Paul worked magic! After a twelve hour drive that should have been three hours (due to flood related road closures), Paul revived our spirits with a warm greeting, wine and a homemade snack. This at ten p.m., after what had to have already been a long day, for him, as well.
Even our fifteen year old daughter, who is not a B&B enthusiast, loved it. The rooms were beautifully and comfortably furnished. The bathroom cabinet had a wide variety of toiletry brands and an assortment of not typically supplied items.
Before we turned in for the night, Paul asked us what time we wanted breakfast. When we came down bright and early, our plates of deliciousness were hot and waiting for us. Unfortunately circumstances did not permit us time to fully enjoy the house and gardens. We can't wait to do so on what we hope to be many return visits to this hidden gem, especially as it is very convenient to the Grier School that our daughter attends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This charming and embracing B & B made our trip perfect! It was immaculate and Innkeeper Paul has a way of making each guest feel as if they are his only guest! He went above and beyond. We will stay at this beautiful property again and again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AnetteO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Comfort Suites Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!