“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came home to Tyrone from Los Angeles for the weekend and wanted to try out Stony Point B&B. My partner and I LOVED it. The house is beautiful and loaded with charm. The Innkeeper; Paul, was the best. He had breakfast waiting for us each morning and he made sure we were well taken care of. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I started to think about what I would write, when I decided to see what others have said. When I looked at (dropping off daughter) review. I turned to my husband and said. She wrote every thing I was going to write.

To add to that, the location was perfect for the weekend we choose to stay, Michigan /Penn State Football game.

Easy to find, quite location. Much better than a hotel! Breakfast was great, as was the coffee. Paul is a great host.

Yes we will stay again! thank you Paul.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hartland, MI
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I am the owner and innkeeper at Davies House Inn in Ann Arbor. I look at an inn with a critical eye. Paul's attention to detail sets Stoney Point apart from the others. This stunning historic property sits hight on a hillside, secluded in trees and gardens, impeccably maintained, with spacious rooms and a lovely breakfast. Paul accommodated my husband and I, and my 91 year old Mother-in-law with adjoining rooms, lavishly appointed with luxurious linens and comfortable seating area for us to chat. Although we were in the area for a family reuinion near Altoona, this property will be our choice when attending the Michigan vs Penn State Football Game in State College. Thanks, Paul.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at Stony Point B&B while we were out visiting Penn State's Ag Progress Days. The house was beautiful as was our room. We had a bathroom that was a few steps down the hallway from our room, but that wasn't a problem. The room was spacious, comfy and very clean. The bed was very nice. Breakfast both days was delicious. Paul is a great host, and he treated us as if we were friends rather then just customers. We will definitely be returning when we come back for next year's Ag Progress Days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Stoughton, WI
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I spent one night of our honeymoon at the Stony Point B&B. We wished it would have been more than a night! The house is truly spectacular. I was amazed at the beauty and the innkeeper, Paul was the most wonderful host and cook! We will definitely be going back!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are stunning!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had stayed in a couple of B & Bs on a college-visiting tour of Pennsylvania, and I had started to sour on the experience: Odd rooms, weird decor, hacked-together bathrooms, limited TV channels. Give me that bland but predictable hotel/motel experience! So Stony Point was a huge relief. The house is a marvel and impecccably kept. We were in a second-floor suite with two rooms and a bath. Our bedroom was perfect with a comfortable bed and quiet but effectivce air conditioning on a humid day. The reason-to-be for the college visiting was quite happy with his bedroom, in stark contrast to B & Bs of his recent experience. Paul Z, the innkeeper, is gracious and friendly. Breakfast in the roomy dining room was yum. We didn't have much time to explore Tyrone. Historically, an interesting place, but, as far as we could tell, it doesn't have much to offer today for the visitor, unless, perhaps, she is keen on railroad history. Don't expect fine-dining choices for dinner. We ended up at a pizza joint--perfectly fine but just pizza.
If we are ever in the area again, we'll almost certainly go back to Stony Point.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hunker, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

There was a wedding (around 150 people?) at Stony Point right before we arrived. Yet, the house was spotless and the grounds were very neat. From the moment we arrived Paul made us feel welcome. The house is walking distance from downtown, yet you don't really hear traffic noise.

Stony Point is 20 minutes or so from Altoona and State College. If you have business in those areas, skip the stinky over-priced motels and stay at Stony Point B&B. Breakfasts are excellent, too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
Comfort Suites Altoona
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!