“Great Home with a History”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Home with a History”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The lack of available rooms in State College for the Homecoming Game opened the door to discovering this charming B&B. Complete with a lovely woodsy setting on the hill above Tyrone.. Paul, the Innkeeper immediately up-graded me to a room with a large private bath where charm met convenience. During his generous breakfast I enjoyed chatting with the other guests over several cups of coffee. Returning each evening from Penn State Events always felt like"coming home." I look forward to returning and spending more time in Pa. where my life began.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I wound up with an over abundance of guests at my home for a Penn State Football weekend in State College, PA. Some of my overbooked guests wanted me to find them a B & B to stay in rather than a traditional hotel. I was referred to Stony Point from a friend. Needless to say, My friends RAVED about Stony Point. They went on and on about how beautiful and well maintained the home was. The absolutely LOVED the architecture and historic charm. They more than had their needs met. So much that they will probably be staying there for all of their future Penn State weekend visits!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Tipton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Spent an evening here seeing old friends and meetings new ones! It was a great evening! I love the atmosphere here. I would highly recommend staying here if you are from outta town! The Innkeeper made us feel soo welcome! Looking froward to our next visit!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came home to Tyrone from Los Angeles for the weekend and wanted to try out Stony Point B&B. My partner and I LOVED it. The house is beautiful and loaded with charm. The Innkeeper; Paul, was the best. He had breakfast waiting for us each morning and he made sure we were well taken care of. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I started to think about what I would write, when I decided to see what others have said. When I looked at (dropping off daughter) review. I turned to my husband and said. She wrote every thing I was going to write.

To add to that, the location was perfect for the weekend we choose to stay, Michigan /Penn State Football game.

Easy to find, quite location. Much better than a hotel! Breakfast was great, as was the coffee. Paul is a great host.

Yes we will stay again! thank you Paul.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hartland, MI
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I am the owner and innkeeper at Davies House Inn in Ann Arbor. I look at an inn with a critical eye. Paul's attention to detail sets Stoney Point apart from the others. This stunning historic property sits hight on a hillside, secluded in trees and gardens, impeccably maintained, with spacious rooms and a lovely breakfast. Paul accommodated my husband and I, and my 91 year old Mother-in-law with adjoining rooms, lavishly appointed with luxurious linens and comfortable seating area for us to chat. Although we were in the area for a family reuinion near Altoona, this property will be our choice when attending the Michigan vs Penn State Football Game in State College. Thanks, Paul.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at Stony Point B&B while we were out visiting Penn State's Ag Progress Days. The house was beautiful as was our room. We had a bathroom that was a few steps down the hallway from our room, but that wasn't a problem. The room was spacious, comfy and very clean. The bed was very nice. Breakfast both days was delicious. Paul is a great host, and he treated us as if we were friends rather then just customers. We will definitely be returning when we come back for next year's Ag Progress Days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!