“Wonderful experience during a difficult time.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stony Point Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful experience during a difficult time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was very fortunate to find the Stony Point B&B in Tyrone, PA. My mother, sister and I had a wonderful experience. I needed to reserve two rooms for a Friday night with very little notice. I called the Stony Point B&B and spoke with the innkeeper Paul Zottoli. His B&B was full. I explained to him that my family needed to come visit someone in the hospital. I asked him for a recommendation for another hotel or B&B in the area. Any available hotels I found on the internet were over 20 miles away from Tyrone. We would already be driving over 3 hours to get to Tyrone, we really did not want to add on another 30 minutes.
Paul was very understanding of the situation and offered to rent us his guest house. We took him up on his offer. The guest house surpassed our expectations. It was beautiful, spacious and clean. We had the entire house to ourselves. Paul invited us to breakfast as his B&B for the next morning. He was so kind, he made us a delicious meal. He even gave us food to take with us, in case the patient wanted a break from the hospital food.

Room Tip: Call the B&B directly, the innkeeper will go out of his way to help you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We chose it for its proximity to Juniata College, coming for a graduation there. But any excuse is a good one for a visit to a great, quiet, comfortable house with a fascinating history. Very comfortable and tastefully restored.
Excellent food. Friendly and helpful manager who makes you feel at home.
Romantic. HIdden under trees forming a forest on a hill.
A tour of the place,including the basement is a lesson in history of a hundred years ago, if not more.
If ever you happen to be near Tyrone, do treat yourselves to a few days' stay at Stony Point
Bed and Breakfast. Nothing arid about it. It's a wonderful and unexpected treat. I would
love to go back.
A. Constable

Room Tip: The three of us only had praise... All rooms were good, quiet, great beds, All positive.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Thank you Paul & David for another wonderful stay! The rooms are cozy and comfortable, the location is perfect, the food is just right and you can't beat the hospitality that is extended here! Look no further!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own unique charm - there aren't any bad ones.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you are traveling through the area or going home for a visit – this is the place to stay…PERIOD! On a lark I googled “B&B near Tyrone PA” and much to my surprise Stony Point Bed and Breakfast popped up. I sent a generic e-mail into cyber space and an actual person responded. Paul Zilotti is the host extraordinaire and keeper of Tyrone’s crown jewel. The home is historic, spacious, beautifully restored, and immaculately maintained. Unlike “sterile” hotel rooms these rooms are large with wood floors, decorated beautifully, and have windows that boast beautiful views. The entire estate possesses warmth and charm. Meeting up with friends from the area? The B&B has a beautifully decorated and spacious living room that feels like home. Visiting family? Start your day with an awesome breakfast prepared by Paul. Looking for a place to eat? There are numerous restaurants not far from the B&B. Have children? Visit Delgrosso’s Amusement Park. You certainly don’t want to miss a visit to Gardner’s Candy in downtown Tyrone. But back to the real hero -- Paul Zilotti! You don’ t find an innkeeper more gracious, accommodating, and devoted to his guests as well as this historic site. FIVE STARS all the way. Thanks Stony Point and especially you, Paul, for making my stay first-rate perfection.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sherry L
Pottstown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the accommodations and the Host's attention to the needs of his guests. Paul went out of his way to make me feel at home and was happy to drop what he was doing to give my family a tour of the house. I loved starting my day off with a good breakfast and good conversation. I would highly recommend Stony Point if you are looking for an experience rather than just a place to sleep. I will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marca M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

A family member stayed here and brought us back to hang out and tour! We will definitely be back to stay! Very neat lighting effects and awesome experience!! For a railroad family, it's a great historical find! The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable of the history and of the Tyrone area!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank cletus23
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This B&B was absolutely spectacular. A spacious, yet completely cozy house, paired with an even more gorgeous grounds. The innkeeper was an absolute delight, taking the time to get to know us and have conversation, while also knowing when to duck out and give my boyfriend and I time together. I will tell all of my family members and friends to stay here if they are ever in the area or going to State College for any event and I know myself and my boyfriend will be going to Stony Point for years to come.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Comfort Suites Altoona
#1 of 14 in Altoona
Allegheny Street Bed & Breakfast
Allegheny Street Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Hollidaysburg

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!