“Wonderful bed and breakfast experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My stay at Stony Point was amazing. From the delicious breakfasts to the comfortable room to the quiet evenings complete with fireflies and wildlife sightings, nothing could have made this trip more memorable. Paul is the quintessential host--he stayed out of our way but was there whenever we needed him. I give Stony Point the highest recommendation. It was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked with Paul and explained I was riding to Indianapolis and would likely arrive late on this first leg of my journey. The weather was awful and I ended up MUCH later than expected. I called and he said not to worry, just call him when I was close and he would wait up. True to his word he did exactly that.

I was shown to a very clean and comfortable room; a room that was elegant and of a standard rarely found in a B&B these days.

Next morning, Paul served up breakfast in the kitchen as I was the only guest and I was more than happy to spend some time chatting about the house and its history. Breakfast was fresh and enjoyable (though real Maple Syrup would have made it perfect Paul. I should have asked if you had any).

I would return here any time a trip took me close to this town, it truly is a beautiful place and Paul a wonderful host.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were at a wedding anniversary party. The facilities were very nice and everyone in attendance had a great time, We had the best of everything including the room, food and hospitality. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a 40 th wedding anniversary at Stony Point. We had a really great experience
All 50 in attendance were very impressed with the facility , history and ambience. Paul, the innkeeper was very helpful his diligence helped make the event a success.

We elected to stay overnight even though we live 7 miles away. Great choice very comfortable accommodations and a quiet setting. This is really a hidden gem in northern blair County!,

1  Thank Ivan R
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We attended a anniversary celebration for friends and booked a room for the night even though we live only a town away. Party was great and the inn is lovely with beautifully furnished rooms and in a luscious setting. Wonderful comfortable guest room. We needed to leave a little earlier than the set breakfast time frame and the innkeeper had already prepared a wonderful breakfast for us. I highly recommend this b&b.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was very fortunate to find the Stony Point B&B in Tyrone, PA. My mother, sister and I had a wonderful experience. I needed to reserve two rooms for a Friday night with very little notice. I called the Stony Point B&B and spoke with the innkeeper Paul Zottoli. His B&B was full. I explained to him that my family needed to come visit someone in the hospital. I asked him for a recommendation for another hotel or B&B in the area. Any available hotels I found on the internet were over 20 miles away from Tyrone. We would already be driving over 3 hours to get to Tyrone, we really did not want to add on another 30 minutes.
Paul was very understanding of the situation and offered to rent us his guest house. We took him up on his offer. The guest house surpassed our expectations. It was beautiful, spacious and clean. We had the entire house to ourselves. Paul invited us to breakfast as his B&B for the next morning. He was so kind, he made us a delicious meal. He even gave us food to take with us, in case the patient wanted a break from the hospital food.

Room Tip: Call the B&B directly, the innkeeper will go out of his way to help you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We chose it for its proximity to Juniata College, coming for a graduation there. But any excuse is a good one for a visit to a great, quiet, comfortable house with a fascinating history. Very comfortable and tastefully restored.
Excellent food. Friendly and helpful manager who makes you feel at home.
Romantic. HIdden under trees forming a forest on a hill.
A tour of the place,including the basement is a lesson in history of a hundred years ago, if not more.
If ever you happen to be near Tyrone, do treat yourselves to a few days' stay at Stony Point
Bed and Breakfast. Nothing arid about it. It's a wonderful and unexpected treat. I would
love to go back.
A. Constable

Room Tip: The three of us only had praise... All rooms were good, quiet, great beds, All positive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!