“Disappointing DiMarco's”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing DiMarco's”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was my first time but my spouse has been here previously. Parking here is in a metered parking lot behind the restaurant, but @ $.50 per hour. I can't complain. We entered the dining room door on the side of the restaurant. Not very busy, but we waited because the sign said "Please wait to be seated". After a few minutes, we were approached and asked where we wanted to sit? We said in the dining room so we were told to take any table.... that should have told me all I wanted to know about what the night was going to throw at us. The entry area was unkept and a bit dirty. I also noticed the wait staff area in the dining room was the same way...

As we were seated, we were offered to order drinks. Beer and water were ordered. The Beer price was surprising low. A large 25oz mug for only $3.95, but that's where the fun ended. We made our first mistake where we decided to sit. There was a table of 6 or 7 seated nearby and as the night wore on, it became obvious some of them were employees of the Bistro on a off night out. They were didn't seem to care about others in the dining room. very loud, rude and a bit juvenile making noises you might expect in a Chuck E Cheese.

This place has a menu with what might be some serious steaks, but being a Friday, we both opted for fish. My Wife got the Orange Roughy and I got the Fish and Chips. The Orange Roughy was very good, but the Fish on my plate was presented as a single 1lb beer battered filet. The chips were... potato chips? Being a "Bistro", I expected the fish to come english style as strips I could handle with my fingers and the chips as french fries. The menu gave a totally different representation of what I was going to receive. The fish was very greasy, but the potato chips were crisp and tasty.

If we return, I might try a steak, however I didn't see anyone enjoying one in the restaurant and I would prefer to see the product before I order it. All in all, it was average and at the same time disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Limo_George

“Great experience despite other reviews.”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We sat at a booth in the bar and Jonathan was our waiter. I had never been there and asked for suggestions. I took his recommendations and was not disappointed. The marinated salad was very good and the steak was great. I had questions about some of the beers on tap and he brought me samples. My husband and I will be back and I would recommend this restaurant and Jonathan to everyone.

• Visited May 2013
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Slower than slow, and not very good”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were one of four tables in the restaurant, but it still took 35+ minutes to receive our food. French fries were extremely soggy and greasy, and our pasta was ordinary. I wouldn't care much, but the food was not very good either. It was also very cold in the dining room, enough that we all had to wear our jackets.

• Visited April 2013
Leesburg
“A yummy evening in Uniontown......”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We recently had my husband's birthday to celebrate and I left the decision about where to dine, up to him. He chose Dimarco's in downtown Uniontown and I was quick to take him up on that selection. We have eaten here before and have always been satisfied, this time was no exception. The menu is loaded with choices, dinners as well as sandwiches etc.. This evening we were both hungry for steak but which one ? I selected a T-bone steak, baked sweet potato and salad. The birthday boy decided on a select sirloin, purchased by the ounce. It was accompanied by a baked potato, salad and side veggie. Both were delicious, perfectly done, tender and tasty. Mine was coated with a peppercorn rub and was good but beware if spicy is not your cup of tea. We ordered fried calamari as our appetizer and it too, was plentiful and yummy. They serve it with fried hot peppers, take caution if you are sensitive to hot foods because the peppers were very, very hot and spicy. We remembered from a previous visit and had them placed on the side. They added zing to the calamari that made it a special treat. Our server did a great job, keeping our drinks filled and was friendly and helpful. It does take a bit longer to get your food but I do believe each order is prepared from scratch and having an appetizer made the wait seem to pass by quickly. Again our server filled the void with info about the menu and helpful suggestions about our dining choices. It was a very nice evening. We chose to sit in the dining room but there are booths in the bar as well. The cost was nominal for the portions we received. We will most definitely return. Even though this restaurant is located downtown, parking hasn't been a problem. The lot behind the restaurant had parking meters but to our surprise they would not accept any money, as all were out of service. An added bonus !

• Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good fare for a small town”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The menu at Dimarco's was large and varied, though our server had to check to ensure that requested items were actually in stock in the kitchen. The beer selection was impressive, and the food was very good. They were having a rib special when we ate, and the tender meat fell off the bone. The cornbread muffin was also quite tasty.

The service was friendly and willing to assist with questions. Drinks were kept full all night, and the atmosphere was suitable for a family or group of friends out.

If you're into challenges, Dimarco's offers two eating options to "Eat the Whole Thing" and earn a t-shirt... Good luck!

Would recommend Dimarco's, as well as eat here again.

Visited August 2012