“Fun Stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Fun Stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The property is quite large and the rooms are built around a covered Atrium. The pool is inside as is the hot tub. The bar was very relaxing and the dining room was a bit worn but comfortable. My room was on an outside wall (as opposed to one looking into the Atrium) It was clean,the A/C worked well and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have childern take an inside room. The Atrium and pool shut down around 10:00 pm .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

You learned our secret! Lots and lots of space for our guests to relax and have fun! Thank you for sharing your feedback and come back to visit us again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
adava
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for one night with my children to let them swim. The room was very dusty like it hadn't been wiped in days, I ask to be poolside when making my reservation, but got there and wasnt! Front desk said if I wanted poolside it would cost extra! Also, the evening desk staff actually come around the pool area and ask people whar room they are in and how many are staying because you have to wear a bracelet to swim! It was annoying and is rude to bother guest during their stay! I would advise front desk to stop bothering guest and pay attention to h.keeping!

• Stayed June 2014
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

The Indoor Courtyard with its heated pool and play area is a favorite with families. Not only does it attract families traveling through and to the area but we often enjoy guests who have planned a "Staycation". I'm sorry to hear the cleanliness of your room was a disappointment. A clean, relaxing stay is a top priority for our staff and I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping Department Manager. Wrist bands are provided to each guest at check in if they will be using the pool. Because the pool does not have a lifeguard we are careful to ensure each swimmer under 18 has an adult present to ensure their safety. The pool is available for use by all registered guests and it is our goal to provide a safe, fun time for all of them.
Harrison City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There are three hotels in the area to choose from. Super 8, Holiday Inn, and the Hampton Inn. I thought price wise, Holiday Inn cant go wrong right... So we got a smoking room with a balcony. I have kids so I wanted to smoke outside on the balcony. She told me the smoking rooms were really bad and I might want to go get some air fresheners for the room. It was really bad and The balcony over looks the indoor pool and Rec room so there is no smoking room. We switched to a non-smoking room immediately. Thought everything was great....the pool and hot tub were not very clean.. thought it was because of a very busy weekend.. but as I sat down and watched the kids swim, I noticed bird dropping all over the tables and floor, It was gross. Bring a table cloth and umbrella so you and your food don't get pooped on!! I am a Chef... We did not eat in the dinning room! Oh and if you plan on having a glass of wine after the kids go to sleep, better be before 10:00. the Bar closes at ten...Oh and I did forget a robe in the room and went up to get it at 11:09, the maid said if I come in I will be charged a late check out fee!!!! At that point I laughed and went home....

Room Tip: go next door and pay a few extra bucks!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara V
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Feedback from our guests is an important part of our communication and I appreciate you taking the time to share yours. We do have smoking rooms available in the hotel but because balconies are outside the room, in public space, we are not able to allow smoking on them. I'm glad you were able to move to a room more suited to your needs. A relaxing stay for our guests is a top priority for our staff and the Indoor Courtyard with its "Outdoor" feel is a favorite location for guests to relax. As the only full service hotel in the area our guests enjoy the convenience of Harrigan's Lounge and Restaurant right here on property. You didn't mention if you were here on a weekday or weekend. The Lounge hours do differ by day of week. The Lounge opens each day at 4PM and closes at 1am on Friday and Saturday. During the week it closes at 11pm. Harrigan's Restaurant is open each day for Breakfast from 6:30am to 11:00am and reopens for Dinner at 5:00pm until 10:00PM. Room service hours do end with the closing of the restaurant at 10:00PM. On your next trip I hope you get a chance to try the varied menu available in Harrigan's Restaurant as a Chef you will be able to appreciate the flavorful options provided. We care about our guests and want you to have a great experience at the Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center. We welcome the opportunity to address any concerns you may have about your recent stay.

Travellers are raving about these Uniontown hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here overnight between trips to Fallingwater and the Flight 93 Memorial. The hotel has a huge parking lot, an indoor pool, a small fitness room and a restaurant. It is a decent place to stay for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Customer,

The Frank Lloyd Wright homes and the Flight 93 Memorial are two popular attractions for our guests. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope we will see back soon exploring the many attractions available in the Laurel Highlands Region!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very nice hotel with an indoor pool/hot tub, play area kids plus seating all around with skylights and tropical plants. It was nice to sit and relax inside. The room was very nice with lots of room. We ate breakfast both morning in the restaurant. Food and service were both good. The only problem was the maid service was never done on Saturday. I talked to the front desk twice and they resolved the issue by refunding one nights stay. Also there is no elevator in the building. This is a 2 story building. I will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms on either first or second floor that are facing the atrium all have a sitting area...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sorry you had difficulty getting your room serviced. Providing a clean, relaxing stay is a top priority for our staff and our Director of Housekeeping is looking at the day to ensure procedures are in place to prevent this from happening again. The Indoor Courtyard is very much a favorite location for families to spend time together and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the Courtyard. As you noticed the hotel has just two floors and does not currently have an elevator on the property so if stairs are an issue we always recommend requesting first floor placement. If it is available our front desk staff will happily accommodate the request. Many guests don't realize Harrigan's restaurant is located on property and are wonderfully surprised by the delicious menus options they can choose from. Watch for specials on our facebook page and we will see you soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is an interesting property where it looks like a a array of buildings was converted into one larger one. The Uniontown Holiday inn is a big square, with a large swimming pool in the middle. Each room facing the pool has an entrance in both the hallway and out to the pool. When we went there was some type of school event going on and there were kids everywhere. We were fine with this, with the exception that we didn't want to sit at the bar as there were lots of kids in there as well.

When we checked in, we got a non smoking room that was clearly smoked in by the previous guest. The staff quickly moved us to another room so it wasn't really a problem. All in all the building is very drab and quite dated, although the beds and in room furniture has definitely been updated. If you want a quiet room, ask for one facing the outside, and not the pool.

Room Tip: The outside rooms are quieter. If the hotel is busy and your facing the pool, it can get quite lou...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feed back. It sounds as if this was your first experience with Holiday Inn's Holidome properties. We are one of the original Holiday Inn and Conference Center configurations, and with all our space in the Indoor Courtyard, a favorite location for families.
Your tip for quieter room location is spot on. Weekends tend to be busy times for the Indoor Courtyard with it's Heated pool, ping pong, air hockey and jungle gym. If you prefer a room away from the excitement it is always best to request a location away from the Courtyard-- and our Front Desk Agents will be happy to check for available rooms in the quietest locations. Please stop back and see us again soon as we will be enjoying renovations in 2014 and can't wait to share them with our guests!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff was very nice. The hotel, though dated was reasonably clean. However, we weren't told that, even though there was a thermostat on the wall, the heat only had an on and off setting.

When we checked into the room, it was very cold outside and our room was cold because the heat was turned off. My wife turned on the heat, though I really didn't question why the heat was off in the middle of winter (I was tired and missed that very strange clue; who turns off the heat in the middle of winter?). As a result, I woke several times during the night to a cold room because the heat hadn't warmed the room up by that point.

By morning, the room was just right. We showered and left for the day. When we returned (around 4:30p) the room was hot. My wife adjusted the thermostat to turn the heat down. Two hours later, I was sweating and asked my wife to turn the heat down again.

About an hour after that, I got up myself to adjust the heat since my shirt was now soaked with sweat. About an hour after that I called the front desk to demand that someone from maintenance come fix our heat (I was angry at this point, because I was so very hot).

The front desk offered to send a fan to our room. The maintenance guy that brought the fan said, "Here's your problem" as he reached over to turn the blower off. Apparently, the system only blows heat in the winter and air during the summer. You can control the temperature in your room only by turning the blower on or off. The blower had been going for 24 straight hours and we were doing absolutely nothing by adjusting the thermostat.

The question is, why don't they just take the thermostat away completely? It is utterly useless!!! Had we not seen the thermostat, it would have been clear to us to simply turn the heat off and wear more clothes. An alternative to taking the thermostat away is to tell people when they check in that the thermostat doesn't work and the poolside rooms get extremely hot in the winter or extremely cold in the summer unless you manually (and regularly) turn the blower on or off. This is not the ideal solution because if check-in is busy (as it was for us) the front desk attendant may forget to relay this information to the traveler, or the traveler may be too tired or inept to understand what they are being told. Either way, this lack of knowledge has ruined what should have been an excellent rating for the hotel.

The staff were so nice, I really hate to give such a low rating!!!

Room Tip: Apparently, the poolside rooms are warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark S
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry you had this experience with the heating system. The section of the hotel you were in has a system that is adjusted seasonally. Although you do have some control with the thermostat you will not be able to turn the air conditioner on in the winter or the heat on in the summer. Unfortunately, if mother nature sends us an unseasonably hot or cold day we can't adjust the entire system to compensate. I'm glad you enjoyed the property and staff during your stay and appreciate the feedback. We are always striving to improve and will be looking at ways we can better communicate the heating/cooling system to our guests. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Comfort Suites Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Super 8 Uniontown PA
Super 8 Uniontown PA
#7 of 9 in Uniontown

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!