“A little run down but nice amenities”

Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Got my reservation a few days prior to our stay. Great location with many restaurants and stores in the area. It was a perfect distance from Ohiopyle/Laurel Highlands. As we checked in we were told that the (2) double bed non-smoking room I had reserved was taken. The only other option was a king with a pull out (which would not work for us) or (2) double beds in smoking. We were about the just leave but were told that if we stay that would not charge us for the room or breakfast in the morning. We checked out the room and although it was dated and smelled like smoke, it was livable for a night. It had a balcony facing the pool which was nice. The kids enjoyed the ping pong, jungle gym, game room and pool. In the morning we had the breakfast buffet which was very nice and the kids loved that they could tell the chef to make them their own waffle or omelette. The pool is open until 11:00 (on Saturday night) so you will hear screaming and yelling until that time. Overall, it was a very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with the reserved room availability at check in. However, I am glad the front desk agents were able to provide you with a satisfactory solution that led to a fun stay for everyone. You comments will be shared with the department managers so we can correct any issues that led to the situation. On your next visit with us you may see some renovations. These should be getting underway soon and we look forward to sharing them with our guests! A side tip you have already discovered is to request a room away from the Courtyard for the quietest location.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am currently staying at the hotel and Mr room is gross. I inquired about a musty and moldy smell in my room and the response I received from the extremely rude maintenance perusing was, "it's how the room smells," and was basically blown off without any regard for my need as a customer. I soon far him in the lobby complaining to a colleague that all he wanted to do wad go home. This is after I waited for an hour for him to show up in the first place.

I've stayed at holiday inns before and they're usually nice, this one should be closed due to its overall quality, service, and staff.

DO NOT NOT NOT STAY HERE !!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bmats
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is the goal of our staff to provide a fun, relaxing stay for all of our guests. I'm sorry to hear this was not your experience. You didn't mention if you spoke with our Manager on Duty about your concerns, so it may be they were already addressed. Regardless, your comments will be shared with the department heads so any issues can be addressed and corrected. Thank you again for sharing with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The property is quite large and the rooms are built around a covered Atrium. The pool is inside as is the hot tub. The bar was very relaxing and the dining room was a bit worn but comfortable. My room was on an outside wall (as opposed to one looking into the Atrium) It was clean,the A/C worked well and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have childern take an inside room. The Atrium and pool shut down around 10:00 pm .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

You learned our secret! Lots and lots of space for our guests to relax and have fun! Thank you for sharing your feedback and come back to visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for one night with my children to let them swim. The room was very dusty like it hadn't been wiped in days, I ask to be poolside when making my reservation, but got there and wasnt! Front desk said if I wanted poolside it would cost extra! Also, the evening desk staff actually come around the pool area and ask people whar room they are in and how many are staying because you have to wear a bracelet to swim! It was annoying and is rude to bother guest during their stay! I would advise front desk to stop bothering guest and pay attention to h.keeping!

• Stayed: June 2014
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

The Indoor Courtyard with its heated pool and play area is a favorite with families. Not only does it attract families traveling through and to the area but we often enjoy guests who have planned a "Staycation". I'm sorry to hear the cleanliness of your room was a disappointment. A clean, relaxing stay is a top priority for our staff and I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping Department Manager. Wrist bands are provided to each guest at check in if they will be using the pool. Because the pool does not have a lifeguard we are careful to ensure each swimmer under 18 has an adult present to ensure their safety. The pool is available for use by all registered guests and it is our goal to provide a safe, fun time for all of them.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

There are three hotels in the area to choose from. Super 8, Holiday Inn, and the Hampton Inn. I thought price wise, Holiday Inn cant go wrong right... So we got a smoking room with a balcony. I have kids so I wanted to smoke outside on the balcony. She told me the smoking rooms were really bad and I might want to go get some air fresheners for the room. It was really bad and The balcony over looks the indoor pool and Rec room so there is no smoking room. We switched to a non-smoking room immediately. Thought everything was great....the pool and hot tub were not very clean.. thought it was because of a very busy weekend.. but as I sat down and watched the kids swim, I noticed bird dropping all over the tables and floor, It was gross. Bring a table cloth and umbrella so you and your food don't get pooped on!! I am a Chef... We did not eat in the dinning room! Oh and if you plan on having a glass of wine after the kids go to sleep, better be before 10:00. the Bar closes at ten...Oh and I did forget a robe in the room and went up to get it at 11:09, the maid said if I come in I will be charged a late check out fee!!!! At that point I laughed and went home....

Room Tip: go next door and pay a few extra bucks!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara V
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Feedback from our guests is an important part of our communication and I appreciate you taking the time to share yours. We do have smoking rooms available in the hotel but because balconies are outside the room, in public space, we are not able to allow smoking on them. I'm glad you were able to move to a room more suited to your needs. A relaxing stay for our guests is a top priority for our staff and the Indoor Courtyard with its "Outdoor" feel is a favorite location for guests to relax. As the only full service hotel in the area our guests enjoy the convenience of Harrigan's Lounge and Restaurant right here on property. You didn't mention if you were here on a weekday or weekend. The Lounge hours do differ by day of week. The Lounge opens each day at 4PM and closes at 1am on Friday and Saturday. During the week it closes at 11pm. Harrigan's Restaurant is open each day for Breakfast from 6:30am to 11:00am and reopens for Dinner at 5:00pm until 10:00PM. Room service hours do end with the closing of the restaurant at 10:00PM. On your next trip I hope you get a chance to try the varied menu available in Harrigan's Restaurant as a Chef you will be able to appreciate the flavorful options provided. We care about our guests and want you to have a great experience at the Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center. We welcome the opportunity to address any concerns you may have about your recent stay.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here overnight between trips to Fallingwater and the Flight 93 Memorial. The hotel has a huge parking lot, an indoor pool, a small fitness room and a restaurant. It is a decent place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Customer,

The Frank Lloyd Wright homes and the Flight 93 Memorial are two popular attractions for our guests. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope we will see back soon exploring the many attractions available in the Laurel Highlands Region!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very nice hotel with an indoor pool/hot tub, play area kids plus seating all around with skylights and tropical plants. It was nice to sit and relax inside. The room was very nice with lots of room. We ate breakfast both morning in the restaurant. Food and service were both good. The only problem was the maid service was never done on Saturday. I talked to the front desk twice and they resolved the issue by refunding one nights stay. Also there is no elevator in the building. This is a 2 story building. I will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms on either first or second floor that are facing the atrium all have a sitting area...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sorry you had difficulty getting your room serviced. Providing a clean, relaxing stay is a top priority for our staff and our Director of Housekeeping is looking at the day to ensure procedures are in place to prevent this from happening again. The Indoor Courtyard is very much a favorite location for families to spend time together and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the Courtyard. As you noticed the hotel has just two floors and does not currently have an elevator on the property so if stairs are an issue we always recommend requesting first floor placement. If it is available our front desk staff will happily accommodate the request. Many guests don't realize Harrigan's restaurant is located on property and are wonderfully surprised by the delicious menus options they can choose from. Watch for specials on our facebook page and we will see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#5 of 9 in Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!