“A hidden gem tucked along the banks of the Delaware River!”

Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I booked a weekend in the Boathouse for our 25th wedding anniversary and we were very excited based on the pictures on the website. When we arrived we realized the pictures do not do it justice! It is a quaint, but rustically elegant gem tucked along the banks of the Delaware. We had dinner in our room which I highly recommend to everyone. Chef Karen's salmon was out of this world and her Creme brûlée had my husband and I sneaking bites out of each other's dishes! Diane was our hostess and she is a delight. And then there is Claire, who is the innkeeper and who by the end of our stay made us feel like family. The breakfast is heavenly and a great way to start the day. We loved it so much we are headed back this weekend to celebrate my birthday! So looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Kyle and Steph Brooks

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, but for some added privacy the detached boathouse is perfect!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie B
There are newer reviews for Bridgeton House on the Delaware

Reviewed 10 October 2013

As this was my first experience with a B&B, I did not know what to expect. It was WONDERFUL! the room was very nicely appointed, The staff was amazing - friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was delicious, afternoon tea and evening sherry a delight.The location could not be beat - right on the Delaware River, next to the bridge to Milford NJ ( a quaint village with shopping and restaurants). Although rates seemed on the higher side, when you account for the gourmet breakfast , tea, and sherry, it fell into a reasonable rate. It is a beautiful place for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I planned a Surprise 50th birthday party to my husband in a near by restaurant ( Black Bass) and I decided to book 2 night here at Bridgeton House. My husband who is a local from ( doylestown PA) told me that he always passed this place but never knew this place exits!! To cut my storie short it was a amazing 2 nite stay. I booked room # 7 with a king size bed though the view is the parking lot and busy street we had a wonderful sleep thanks to the compy bed :-)
Oh just one thing the night we are getting ready for the surprised party the shower head broke , we just let it go that night as we are in rush! But the following morning we told to Dianne and with no time she offered us to move to another room #5 which a River View!!
We will definite going back. Maybe I will book again # 5 or 7.
As long shower head is fix !
Ps.
Breakfast is super .
And thank you for the organic ground coffee as a bday gift for my husband !!

Regards
Cecile

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here on a recent sunny fall day. We had a room with a balcony looking over the Delaware, which I strongly recommend. Room was fine, and the breakfast very pleasant. A bit expensive however. Nice for a couples getaway.

Room Tip: River side is best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryan c
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this B&B for two nights as a middle point between home and a wedding in Allentown, PA.

My husband and I loved room 4. It's all about the screened in porch! Breakfast was wonderful, service was extremely friendly. The only thing that was a bit tricky was parking, however there is a small amount of space behind the building facing the river.

The location of this B&B is also excellent. You're right by the bridge that crosses the Delaware and it's walkable to Milford. There are nice little restaurants, shops, and it's just a relaxing environment. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I booked The Boathouse for our 1st anniversary. This establishment came recommended by some close friends of ours so we decided to give it a shot. This was our first time at a B&B so I was a little skeptical about paying $500 per night. So lets get to all the positives about this place. First let me say that Claire is precious. She was the innkeeper that checked us in. She made sure I had my homemade gluten free cookies for tea time. She gave us a tour and a thorough explanation of our room's amenities. She also made sure we knew how to reach her if we needed to. Next lets discuss the food. Fabulous. That's the word to describe how delicious it was. They even made me gluten free blueberry bread. Everything tasted fresh and the presentation was excellent. I love fruit so it was nice to have a garnish I could eat, as they garnish the plates with fresh fruit. Kudos to the chefs! As for the room, let me start off by saying the view from the Boathouse is great. It overlooks a private terrace and the river. The room itself is lovely. The jacuzzi was spacious and had a hand held shower head which I thought was genius. The bathroom and shower were large enough for both me and my husband with much room to spare. The kitchen was spacious as well and had everything you need including a coffee maker, stocked fridge,microwave, china, wine glasses, silverware, coffee, tea and snacks. The bedroom was a little warmer than the living room but there was a ceiling fan to make up for it. Now for the very few negatives, but let me start off by saying that these negatives were not significant enough to prevent us from returning. Firstly, the TV in the bedroom is outdated and fuzzy. This issue is something to consider for people who actually watch TV when they're away from home. My husband and I do not so it wasn't a big deal, rather a suggestion for improvement. Secondly, the Boathouse has a beautiful terrace that we weren't able to enjoy due to the excessive cobwebs and spider eggs. I understand it's outdoors so bugs are to be expected. I just feel as though housekeeping needs to put that on their daily list of duties in order to accommodate the guests who stay at the Boathouse. I called to ask housekeeping to clean that outdoor area for us. When we returned from our outing, we went into the outdoor area and there were still many cobwebs. We had planned to invite our friends over for coffee in the screened terrace but we couldn't because we didn't want to sit with spiders and webs. The next day we ran into the young lady who was our server on the first day, and she told us she does a little bit of everything at the inn. I asked her if she was the one who cleaned the terrace and she said"ooh yea, I hate spiders too so I understand". With that being said , I'm sure she tried her best. I know I wouldn't want to clean spiders and webs either so I left her a tip for the cleaning anyway. Besides, they did a great job with cleaning the room. But I do think if someone is paying $500 a night, all areas should be
accessible. But again I want to stress that the Boathouse is well worth the money, especially if everything is usable. The place
is amazing and we will definitely
return. Thank you Bridgeton
House for the gift soaps and for making our first anniversary special. See you soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Resendon2012
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed in the "Boat House" which was amazing! The view from the room was incredible even though we were on the first floor. It was really nice that all of the doors in the house opened so the air could flow right through. The kitchen in our room came fully stocked with sodas and chips just in case we got hungry. In addition to this we had access to the Butler's Pantry.

Claire is amazing and could not make our stay more comfortable and memorable.

The B&B is right next to a bridge to cross in to Milford, NJ. We were able to walk to the Shipp Inn Brewery and the Milford Oyster House. There is a also a cute little Convenience store across the bridge where you can get wine and artisional cheeses amoung many other items.

This was the perfect location for a weekend getaway without having to travel too far but it was far enough away to feel like we went somewhere. I would recommend you stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own theme from what I see online. The Boat House room is very private which was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Woolverton Inn
Woolverton Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockton
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Bridgeton House on the Delaware? Share your experiences!