“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The facility and view are excellent. Breakfast outstanding too. And, we eat out a lot. Things are well organized and work. Staff great too! The view of the river could not be better. Lot's to see in area. Couldn't be much better. Jim

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2JerseyJim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I give this place 5 stars. It is a must! Such a lovely Bed & Breakfast. The rooms are adorable & the people are so helpful & friendly. We stayed in the Village Suite but were given a tour if some other rooms as well. All were different, but each was special.
The breakfast was delicious.
We truly enjoyed our time there. I will definitely go back in the Spring.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank BeanHead114
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I took my boyfriend here for his 25th birthday. From the start the staff was very accommodating over the phone helping me plan. I also got the in room meal package by chef Karen for his birthday night. The food was something I'd expect from a five star restaurant by a top chef. We woke up every morning to the beautiful view of the Delaware river and homemade breakfast. I would go back for any occasion. The location was fabulous with everything you could think of right around you. The staff was very pleasant and helped me surprise my boyfriend for his birthday night. I will tell anyone to book here during any season !!!!!!! Beautiful !!! He said " it was the best weekend and meal of his life"

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kristi315
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been looking at this b&b for a long time but have not had the time to get away. My husband and I finally had two days off together and stayed at this beautiful b&b. We fell in love with it. The room was beautiful, clean, so cozy, and had a beautiful view of the water.. We sat on our private porch for hours watching the leaves,water, bridge.....just beautiful. Breakfast was delicious, afternoon tea was wonderful. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We truly cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We looked at all the rooms and they were all beautiful and each one different and all great. Make su...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cherry Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I booked a weekend in the Boathouse for our 25th wedding anniversary and we were very excited based on the pictures on the website. When we arrived we realized the pictures do not do it justice! It is a quaint, but rustically elegant gem tucked along the banks of the Delaware. We had dinner in our room which I highly recommend to everyone. Chef Karen's salmon was out of this world and her Creme brûlée had my husband and I sneaking bites out of each other's dishes! Diane was our hostess and she is a delight. And then there is Claire, who is the innkeeper and who by the end of our stay made us feel like family. The breakfast is heavenly and a great way to start the day. We loved it so much we are headed back this weekend to celebrate my birthday! So looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Kyle and Steph Brooks

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, but for some added privacy the detached boathouse is perfect!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie B
Croydon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

As this was my first experience with a B&B, I did not know what to expect. It was WONDERFUL! the room was very nicely appointed, The staff was amazing - friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was delicious, afternoon tea and evening sherry a delight.The location could not be beat - right on the Delaware River, next to the bridge to Milford NJ ( a quaint village with shopping and restaurants). Although rates seemed on the higher side, when you account for the gourmet breakfast , tea, and sherry, it fell into a reasonable rate. It is a beautiful place for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I planned a Surprise 50th birthday party to my husband in a near by restaurant ( Black Bass) and I decided to book 2 night here at Bridgeton House. My husband who is a local from ( doylestown PA) told me that he always passed this place but never knew this place exits!! To cut my storie short it was a amazing 2 nite stay. I booked room # 7 with a king size bed though the view is the parking lot and busy street we had a wonderful sleep thanks to the compy bed :-)
Oh just one thing the night we are getting ready for the surprised party the shower head broke , we just let it go that night as we are in rush! But the following morning we told to Dianne and with no time she offered us to move to another room #5 which a River View!!
We will definite going back. Maybe I will book again # 5 or 7.
As long shower head is fix !
Ps.
Breakfast is super .
And thank you for the organic ground coffee as a bday gift for my husband !!

Regards

#1 of 1 in Stockton
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Bridgeton House on the Delaware? Share your experiences!