“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our second time around dining here, but our first for lunch. What a disappointed. We actually waited 30 before receiving our drinks. I had to ask the waiter, who actually forgot about us. He had no clue on how to serve or what to do. Our waiter said they only have homemade salad dressing like, balsamic, Caesar and a walnut dressing for an up charge & had no clue if they had any others. Finally, he came back with a store bought thousand island dressing for my wife’s salad. The homemade Caesar dressing I ordered was loaded with garlic, and tasted awful. The worst Caesar dressing I ever tasted. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank RRanella

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Took a date to this place for bday. Food is very good. Saturday night was very quiet. Granted it is on a small 2 lane highway and if you blink you might miss it. The peacan salmon was outstanding.

Great views.

Service was very good. Would recommend.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you're traveling in Bucks County, PA, head up north River Road (Route 32) to the Indian Rock Inn. Although we were not there for an overnight, there are guest rooms available.
We had dinner there on a recent Saturday night, and we'll definitely be going back and taking family and friends!
For a salad we had the traditional Caesar salad. It was perfect. Some Caesars can be overwhelming with the dressing, but this was the perfect combination of romaine and dressing. All the good flavors came through.
I had a tuna steak, cooked rare. It was topped with a blend of yellow and orange cherry tomatoes and capers and seasonings. It was so very good and tasty. My husband had the ribs. We were told by our waitress the rub was the owner's own recipe -- and it was a great one! A huge rack of ribs was served that was very meaty and tasty. For the first time my husband needed a doggy bag.
For dessert we selected the bread pudding with strawberries and blueberries topped with homemade whipped cream - very light and tasty! My husband had a vanilla raspberry cheesecake, also very well made and tasty.
The bartender and wait staff were all very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.
Ask to sit in the room on the left side of the inn. It has large windows and looks out onto the Delaware Canal and River. Such a nice place to sit and eat!!

1  Thank rungirlrun308
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We found this spot as we were looking to find a place to eat on our way out of Bucks County heading north. We picked up one of those tourist brochures near Valley Forge and headed toward the Delaware river.

Having never been to this part of PA - we were looking forward to heading into Bucks Cty - well we followed 611 into Doylestown area and were disappointed by the area in general until we got north into more rural area - we decided on getting to stop along the Del river and someplace in Upper Black Eddy area would work - not many choices out that way - so we picked Indian Rock Inn.

We were a bit early for their dinner time - but they cheerfully seated us. The chef was sitting in the dining room going over a few things and wrapped up - he chatted with us and made a few recommendations - one of which was their Boulder style Onion soup. I was less hungry than my travelling companion - so love Onion soup and Blue Cheese - so I went for it , they had std Onion soup on menu - but since Ihad it hte night before - I was feeling adventurous!

GLAD I DID! Onion soup broth was perfect, and the blue cheese (you MUST like blue cheese to enjoy this) was creamy and spicy complement to the crispy, melted provolone!

I had the lobster cakes as an appetizer - also very nicely done, softly sauteed with chunks of lobster and bits of crunch red pepper with just a hint of heat = perfect for me.

The other order was steamed clams to start and their chateau filet for dinner - I tried the steamed clams - fresh, sweet, tender manilas perfectly cooked in a rich clam broth ( and NO garlic) - the steak was prepared as ordered with the blue cheese and not a bite was left......

The cocktail was just ok - prob should have ordered wine or beer - but a pumpkin cocktail (had them elsewhere) sounded like fun - but was a disappointment

They had 2 desserts that evening - we ordered 1 of each: chocolate ganache and creme brulee - both nicely prepared, not too sweet - ganache was plenty of chocolate without being cloying or overpowering, the brulee was creamy and smooth with a perfectly done burnt sugar cap.....

Table service was efficient but a bit on the odd side - don't know how else to explain it,not uncomfortable - but not smooth either - the waitress at times struggled with her english but seemed to know the menu offerings if not how to smoothly translate them to us (8-.) ... the busboy seemed a little awkward - but it sort of added to the quirky charm of this place in the woods....

Would I go here again - yes.

But it is off the beaten path, but probably a place to seriously consider if you are wandering around the area and looking for a dinner a notch above what you are likely to get in that neck of the woods (literally)

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The food was outstanding and very delicious!! Service was great! Can't wait to go back to this nice restaurant next time we are in the area for dinner. Great sunset!