“No clue”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arrival we had to excuse ourselves as we pushed through the mass of cigarette smokers on the porch. Not a good approach.
As we were seated inside the room was uncomfortably cold. I asked to turn the a/c down. Or off.
There were 3 other tables around us that all had complaints about the food or service. I heard one woman say the sponge cake should be like a sponge, not dry.
The people behind us complained that their rack of lamb was cooked well done. (Not the way to serve lamb)
Needless to say, I did not order the rack.
We waited 30 minutes to get a glass of wine.
Over an hour to get a salad. (The salad was delicious and tender.)
The waiter told told us they just got slammed with 8 tables at once.
Are you kidding me!
When our food finally came 90 minutes later...it was cold!
My steak was way over cooked for a rib eye.
I asked the waiter why he never asked me how I wanted my steak cooked, he replied, "I apologize"
My wife ordered salmon that was cold and sent back. Again.."I apologize"
The waiter apologized to every table in the room.
I've never experienced such a lack of training, and mismanagement in my life.
I can't really blame the waiter for not knowing how to do his job.
I hold the owners responsible for what was one of the worse dining experiences of my life.
Absolutely horrible!
Never again!
They don't have a clue!

4  Thank riverratEASTON

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always love to find places to eat on the water. The dining room is on the smaller size, but I like the character. Went with 2 other couples and all the food was fantastic. Huge salad portions, and delicious. Did not hang out on the bar side, but is seemed like people were enjoying their time over there.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The place was perfect. Terrific food, great service and wonderful atmosphere. It was one of the nicest dinners I had in a long time. The wait staff were so attentive, the food was excellent and cooked perfectly. The inn had two fireplace in the dining rooms which made it so warm and inviting. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this quaint restaurant on our way to the poconos for a quick bite. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. They had a special octoberfest menu. My boyfriend ordered the sauerkraut and sausage soup which was unbelievable. I had the French onion soup..probably the best I've ever had. We split the entree..a jaeger schnitzel with mashed potatoes and a red cabbage. The flavors amazing. Our only dissapointment was the lack of draught beer. Would return again and again.

1  Thank Kellydina
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our second time around dining here, but our first for lunch. What a disappointed. We actually waited 30 before receiving our drinks. I had to ask the waiter, who actually forgot about us. He had no clue on how to serve or what to do. Our waiter said they only have homemade salad dressing like, balsamic, Caesar and a walnut dressing for an up charge & had no clue if they had any others. Finally, he came back with a store bought thousand island dressing for my wife’s salad. The homemade Caesar dressing I ordered was loaded with garlic, and tasted awful. The worst Caesar dressing I ever tasted. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank RRanella