“Pleasant lunch by the river”
Review of Indian Rock Inn - CLOSED

Indian Rock Inn
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

On this beautiful summer day, my husband and I decided dine by the river. We hadn't been to Indian Rock in several years so we thought we'd give it a go. Since it was a bit humid we decided to step in to the air conditioned dining room that overlooks the canal and river. Wonderful service and delicious food for a reasonable price. I had an apple walnut Brie salad with chicken and my husband had a cup of the delicious mushroom soup along with a flank steak sandwich and fries. All was very , very good!

1  Thank Jeanette L

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed at Indian Rock Inn and had a wonderful time! The couple who own it are incredibly nice and welcoming! It's a beautiful setting along the Delaware River and the restaurant was really good. Huge portions! The rooms are older but have charm in this 200 year old Inn. Keep this in mind when booking. This isn't a boutique hotel that's been refurbished. It's meant to have it's original character. I would completely recommend it. AND there was good coffee and fresh pastries in the morning.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was one of many trips to this quaint restaurant. Tonight we ate outside on the patio watching the Delaware River flow by. The service was very attentive and the meal was delicious and hot! My husband had the lamb and I had the pecan crusted Salmon. We both had the clams for an appetizer in a yummy broth! We split the key lime cheesecake for dessert. One of our favorite spots- nice in all seasons. Enjoyed our anniversary dinner here tonight.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arrival we had to excuse ourselves as we pushed through the mass of cigarette smokers on the porch. Not a good approach.
As we were seated inside the room was uncomfortably cold. I asked to turn the a/c down. Or off.
There were 3 other tables around us that all had complaints about the food or service. I heard one woman say the sponge cake should be like a sponge, not dry.
The people behind us complained that their rack of lamb was cooked well done. (Not the way to serve lamb)
Needless to say, I did not order the rack.
We waited 30 minutes to get a glass of wine.
Over an hour to get a salad. (The salad was delicious and tender.)
The waiter told told us they just got slammed with 8 tables at once.
Are you kidding me!
When our food finally came 90 minutes later...it was cold!
My steak was way over cooked for a rib eye.
I asked the waiter why he never asked me how I wanted my steak cooked, he replied, "I apologize"
My wife ordered salmon that was cold and sent back. Again.."I apologize"
The waiter apologized to every table in the room.
I've never experienced such a lack of training, and mismanagement in my life.
I can't really blame the waiter for not knowing how to do his job.
I hold the owners responsible for what was one of the worse dining experiences of my life.
Absolutely horrible!
Never again!
They don't have a clue!

4  Thank riverratEASTON
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I always love to find places to eat on the water. The dining room is on the smaller size, but I like the character. Went with 2 other couples and all the food was fantastic. Huge salad portions, and delicious. Did not hang out on the bar side, but is seemed like people were enjoying their time over there.