“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Warren
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Warren
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel was great. It was updated, very nice staff, great food, and nice new tv's. We will for sure be back this summer.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Kjohnson1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stay here once a year in the wintertime and frequent the restaurant in the summer. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the food at Tootsies (now McGraws) is wonderful. During the summer months they have a prime rib buffet on Saturday nights and the Sunday breakfast buffet is delicious. If you're a couple looking for quiet, call ahead first to make sure nothing else is going on. When we stayed there last weekend, a hockey tournament was happening nearby and the hotel was full of youngsters running the halls at 2 a.m. The hotel apologized for the noise and explained that they tried to institute some rules, but to no avail. The parents hung out in the bar while the kids ran amok. It's a beautiful hotel, though, and we will return. Thanks especially to Ashley, the restaurant manager for being so kind to us everytime we are there.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the courtyard and pool are nice. There is a balcony. But if the hotel is full...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anniewhy
Chesapeake, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We attended a wedding at this hotel and were told to book our rooms at the group rate 30 days out. The advance booking rate at the time was $107 and the group special was $105. A $2 discount was surprising and hardly worth it as I had to call three times to get a reservation at the "special" group rate. The hotel appeared dated from the front but the check in was easy and courteous. The carpets in the large hallways in the 3rd floor were extremely dirty and spotted. Did not give me a good impression. The room itself was dated. The Light on the wall did not work and the TV was old. All the lights had exterior covered wiring running to them. The lights were very dated with old style lampshades. The beds were very comfortable and clean, as were the abundance of pillows. I wish they would update to a queen size.The bath was typical but the towels were thick and soft. This was an ok stay but not what I ecpected of the Holiday Inn. For the difference in price I would stay at the Super 8 iright behind the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the pool/dining room. They have small patios with sitting area, a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

I travel often for work so I do have hotel experiences of all types from good to bad. I have been staying with this hotel for an extended period of time (7 months to date of writing this review to be exact) and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and staff.

The first and most important thing I would like to mention is how amazing and caring the employees are in this particular hotel. With my extended stay here I have been able to interact with just about everyone employed at the hotel. This includes the management staff, servers and bartenders from the restaurant, and most of the cleaning crew. I have even had the pleasure of speaking with the owner of the facility.

Everyone has gone out of their way to make my extended stay as comfortable as possible. At this point I can call the hotel jokingly my home away from home. If I were to come up for vacation or recommend a hotel in Warren PA, the Holiday Inn would be my hotel of choice.

The facility its self is a very unique building. I especially enjoy the Atrium that separates the pool from the dining area. On one side of the atrium you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch, or dinner surrounded by real trees and plants. At the other end you can swim in the pool. To add even more to this experience there are certain rooms that have a balcony overlooking this entire area.

The bar area is also another place where I enjoy spending time. When you first walk in you get the impression it is a warm relaxing environment. There are many different types of seating from the bar area and the normal tables, to a huge comfortable couch next to a fireplace and big tv. They also have a pool table for extra entertainment. The bar has a new updated menu with lots of great food. I have eaten at the bar just about every night I have stayed at this facility over the past 7 months and still love the food.

The hotel also has many different sized rooms to suit all types of needs. I have noticed that the rooms are very very clean with fresh towels and sheets every day. The bathrooms have plenty of counter space, and are not closet sized like some places I have stayed. Most rooms have new flat screen tv's and digital thermostats, as well as, plenty of lighting.

While you do have to pay separate for breakfast, I find that I like the restaurant setting better. I like the fact that I can have my food made to order the way I like. This beats the buffet style breakfast where the food tends to sit and is not always as fresh as it could be. Not to mention there are way more options with things being made to order.

Over all I would give this hotel and staff ten stars but unfortunately the scale is only up to 5. As stated many times before, I have been at this hotel for 7 months so I believe I have experienced everything it has to offer and never been disappointed. I would not think twice about booking another hotel up here. I apologize for the book, but I have nothing but great things to say, and wanted to share.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike P
sherrills ford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I travel quite a bit and normally book at Holiday Inn Express. I do not recommend this property. It is an old property and shows it's age throughout the outside, hallways and other public areas. The rooms were somewhat updated and clean enough. The bathroom tile is dated however the tub appears to have been refurbished which was nice. If you like lots of water pressure when showering you will get it but it was so hard I could barely stand under the shower. Also the tub has been rasied and the shower head is very low on the wall so if you are tall you will have problems. This hotel has probably 200 + room and there were only 2 other cars in the parking lot. I normally book a king room but when I made my reseveration the king rooms were more expensive and since my company pays for my travel I try and save them a little money so I booked a queen double. My request were upper floor and a non-adjoining room. I was put in the 4th floor but was placed in a adjoining room. My question to the staff at this hotel would be??? Why would you not upgrade someone to one of your nicer rooms if you are pretty much sitting empty? And pay attention to request. The front desk agent was efficient but not very friendly. They also do not offer breakfast, unless you want to pay $10. The room rate for AARP was $113 so for that rate you would expect some type of comlimentary breakfast. I am checking out tomorrow to move to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Went for a class reunion to Warren. Many of the people decided on the Holiday Inn because of the location and the fact that it has a lobby to sit and meet. I have stayed at other Holidays Inns that I liked better, but was not unhappy here.

Room Tip: Would not stay on the first floor as it was very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stay at the Holiday Inn in Warren, PA the last week of July on a three day motorcycle trip to the Allegheny National Forest Region. The hotel is conveniently located off the main east/west road, Highway 6 and just on the edge of town. It is very clean and in good condtiont in the quest rooms, lobby, and common areas. The rooms have comfortable beds, good size bathrooms, and everything worked. The televisions are the old tube style. The bar/lounge is well stocked and quiet. The bartender was very attentive. We ate dinner and breakfast in their restaurant and were very happy with the food and service. There is also a Perkins Restaurant within a short walking distance. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They let us park our motorcycles in a canopied area which we greatly appreciated. It has an atrium with pool but no hot tub. I recommend this location for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: We took what they gave us and were happy with the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Hampton Inn & Suites Warren
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Cobblestone Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer

Been to Days Inn Warren? Share your experiences!