“Staff @ Maxwell Lounge & Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Warsaw, Indiana
“Staff @ Maxwell Lounge & Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been traveling to this area of PA for the past 3 years and I am brand loyal (i.e. Hilton). I prefer to stay at this hotel for only one reason, the staff at the Lounge/Restaurant. Specifically, Shawn who's service is always consistent, friendly and professional. Sarah and Bree are also rock solid, customer focused staff members. I would recommend staying at this facility and please use their on-site restaurant/lounge, the service is awesome....

Bryan (Northern Indiana)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan E
Jennifer K, Service Excellence Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us- and what Excellent feedback it was! We are simply thrilled to hear that over the past three years you have enjoyed the consistent service provided by our awesome associates! We are proud to have such a strong team in our lounge and it is great to hear they are taking Excellent care of you!
Thank you again for taking the time to recommend our team’s services. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future! Thank you kindly for your loyalty; it’s our pleasure to host you!

-Service Excellence Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have always stayed at the Hampton right beside Double Tree. Double Tree had a better price on the room so we booked there. Glad we did as the rooms were roomy and there was no crowed breakfast sitting.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! We are so excited you decided to give our property a try, and we are even more delighted that you had an Excellent stay with us! We are pleased you found your guest room to be roomy and our dining area to be accommodating. It is our commitment to offer the highest standard in service to each and every guest that chooses to stay with us.

We truly hope to see you return in the near future as it would be our pleasure to host you again! We know your time is valuable, so we truly appreciate your positive feedback!

State College, PA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Love it!!! Right next to the casino... "Free shuttle service there 24/7" The in hotel bar is PERFECT!!!! Nice drink specials!!!!! The breakfast in the morning ROCKS!!!! I stay there all the time and they treat me perfect!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer K, Service Excellence Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to post a comment regarding your most recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that your stay was Excellent! It is our commitment here to provide the highest level of Excellence in every area of service! Our guests have come to know and love the attention we take in providing the little things that make the traveler feel human again! It isn’t just a brand standard, it’s our promise, and hearing that it is being delivered is the best possible feedback we could receive. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to hosting you in the very near future!

Kitzmiller, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and were pleased by the staff and accommodations. We go with another couple and go to the casino. Ashley our front desk person was the sweetest, nicest face I have seen there. She was very helpful and went out of her way to set us up! Thanks Ashley!! We did not eat breakfast this time but have in the past and they do have a nicer breakfast buffet than surrounding hotels. The rooms are a nice size and are clean. The cookies are-to me- well worth the stay alone, never a disappointment. For an overnight getaway we were very happy and have no complaints here!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you received Excellent Service throughout your stay! We are glad to hear you were please with your guest room, our convenient location and our incredible breakfast buffet! I am also very happy to hear about the Excellent service Ms. Ashley provided during your stay! I will be sure to pass your compliment along! As for our signature cookies, feel free to come back anytime for some more! We look forward to hosting you in the near future and providing you with our renowned Excellent Service.

akron, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Needs updated,and things need fixed.window ac unit could not regulate temp in room,it was too hot,card reader on door was loose,wall paper was peeling. We went to the casino,and they do have a shuttle that will take you there,but for the money it is not worth it,

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Kathy S
Jennifer K, Service Excellence Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your most recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear you experienced such an overwhelming amount of issues during your stay. Please let me assure you our standards are much higher than the service you received! I am investigating this issue to find out where we went wrong as to prevent any such reoccurrence from happening. We are constantly striving to provide each guest with the Excellent service they expect and deserve. The fact that you did not have an Excellent stay with us is rather disheartening and I truly hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future and to provide you with our renowned Excellent service! Again, we thank you for your feedback as we know your time is valuable. Have an Excellent day!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I feel the Hampton Inn next door is much nicer, even if it does not have a lounge. The room was clean bed was comfortable. The location is great with easy access to the outlets and the casino. Overall my stay was nice. The hotel is a little overpriced, but again the location very nice

Dear Valued Guest,

Please let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location near the outlets and casino. I regret, however, to hear that you felt some areas of your stay were not up to our Excellence standard. It is our commitment to offer the highest level of guest service and we continue to strive daily in achieving this. I hope you will give us another chance in the near future to provide you with Excellent service! Again, your time is deeply valued as is your feedback. Thank you and have an Excellent day!

St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was my first experience with this DoubleTree property. In the past I have stayed at other properties in Washington on my way to visit family in northeatern PA.: I thought I would try something new.

I arrived on a cold and snowy pre-Thanksgiving Tuesday night. I was first struck by the huge size of the property and the near total lack of signage helping me find reception: It was a bit of a challenge in the snow and the dark. When I did enter reception I was greeted by a warm and inviting environment. The lobby was nicely appointed, clean and reception staff was GREAT.

The room was what one would expect in a prperty such a this. All pleasent enough, with nothing to complain or praise. I was satisfied. On the down side, it took FOREVER to get hot water in the bathroom. The sink water was still not even warm after running for 18 minutes. The shower time for hot water was about the same.

I was more than a bit surprised at the price of a premium cocktail at the properties bar: $11.75 for a Scotch on the rocks. The battender (that designation of this person is an insult to bartenders) was a not-so-pleasant young lady who, seemingly, had no clue what she was doing. When I ordered the advertised beer special, without so much as an, "oh, sorry", she merely erased the beer listed on the board and replaced it with another brand: I just left.

Overall, I found the property average, which is what one expects from this sort of place. That said, if all staff was of the caliber of the reception staff, this place would would a positive edge on its compition in this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank denniskeith
Jennifer K, Service Excellence Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I regret to hear that you experienced some confusion upon arrival due to the lack of signage on the exterior of the building, I am sure that in combination with the weather this must have been frustrating. I am happy to hear, however, that the welcome you received was a warm one, and that you found the service provided by our Front Office Agents Excellent!

I apologize for the issue you had regarding the delay in receiving hot water in your guest room. Please know that we are taking the proper measures to prevent any future re-occurrence of this issue. Apart from this inconvenience, I am pleased that you found your room to your liking.
Additionally, please know I have forwarded your comments regarding your service in the lounge to our Food and Restaurant Manager who is sure to take the appropriate measures in ensuring there is resolve! It is our commitment here to Provide Excellent service at all times to each and every guest!

Again, we truly appreciate your time as we know it is valuable. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future and providing you with Excellent Service!

-Jennifer E. Kevech