“double tree washington pa racetrack rd.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

no clock in the room. Called 2 x for a clock. was told on 2nd call clock was not delivered because the was to be a scheduled power outage and it wouldn't work. I insisted on a clock for use afterwards. The front desk called back to inform me there were no clocks available. The sheer curtains were stained with holes in them

1  Thank William M
Jonathan B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We are extremely pleased that had an “Excellent” stay in most regards and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future!
Your comments indicate that you had a problem getting a clock/ radio which I sincerely apologize.
I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads to ensure we have back up clocks on hand now.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have traveled hotels thoroughout the country and I expect the vents on air conditioner to be cleaned daily due to health risks. When we arrived the carpet had just been shampooed we walked on wet carpet for two days. The old look that doubletree presents is a good way to camaflouge the dirt, in the lobby I was embarassed for our guest, the velvet couch was worn and torn. Not a good picture for 1st impressions. In the dining area, plates were presented that did not fit well on the table the four of us were at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank William E
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. As the Front Office Manager at the DoubleTree at Pittsburgh Meadow Lands, I am working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that deliver an “Excellent” experience. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm typically not one to complain but my recent stay at this Doubletree (room 609) was so awful not only did I check out and switch hotels one night early but I have sent an email complaint to be passed along to the manager. In summary I experienced a room that wreaked of stale cigarette smoke (although when I called the front desk was assured the hotel is smoke-free - an old bag of potpurri had been stuffed into the a/c vent to perhaps try and mask the smell?), outdated decor that looked like a crappy beach rental in a bad part of Florida, an air conditioner that was louder than a jet engine, dust and grime under my phone receiver and lodged in the vent of the very old a/c unit, a bathroom which was so tiny I had squeeze myself around the toilet just to shut the door (I am not a large person), and a draft beer system marked as "out of order" when I went down to the htoel restaurant for an afternoon beverage after an already long day.

This was my first experience at a Hilton Doubletree as I typically stay at the Hampton Inn adjacent to it when I travel to Washington for work. I have been told Doubletrees are very nice and thought I would treat myself. Never again will I stay at one of these places and I do not reccommend it for anyone travelling to the area.

2  Thank kiwitopia

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. As the Front Office Manager at the DoubleTree at Pittsburgh Meadow Lands, my team and I are working very hard to provide the products and services that will deliver allow us to deliver “Excellence” to all of our guests. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas. Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to providing you with an “Excellent” stay the next time that you travels bring you to the Pittsburgh/Washington area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at the Double Tree Meadow Lands for an extended period (almost a month). Marsha from the front desk staff always took excellent care of me. I will be forever thankful to her along with the others the work the front desk. Inside Joke for Marsha, "we do have good team work don't we Marsha..." Also, thanks to Marsha for not making me change rooms!

I stayed on the 5th floor . It was fortunate to have Dawn taking care of my housekeeping chores. Dawn is the best! She would leave me nice notes and always made sure my room was in tip top shape. She is a good person and I appreciate the friendship and hospitality she showed me during my stay. She is a very special person. Thanks for the daily notes!

I am not sure if I will be back in the Washington, PA area or if I will have the pleasure of staying at the Double Tree Meadows Land again, but I felt sad when I drove away. I felt like I was leaving friends behind, not a hotel staff!

Thank you Meadow Lands Double Tree staff, you are a unique and very special. I love your hotel!

Room Tip: Treat the staff with kindness, they work hard, and deal with many diverse and difficult circumstance...
1  Thank Russell R

Please allow me to personally thank you for being our guest as well as for taking the time to leave a feedback.
We are extremely pleased that you found your stay to be “Excellent” and we look forward to being your host again in the very near future! Please know that we work very hard to ensure that every stay at our hotel is “Excellent”!
Thank you again, we truly appreciate you!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

good & clean room near elevators, love that warm cookie at check-in! Wish I had stayed in warmer weather so I could use the outdoor pool! had hand-made chips and cheese dip from the hotel for one of our business meetings and i really enjoyed that!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jennifer K, Service Excellence Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for posting your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! We understand how valuable your time is, and taking a moment to compliment our Excellent Service means so much to our entire team! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Warm Double Tree Welcome Cookie and our event catering! It is our pledge here to offer comfort and Excellence to each guest in every area of their stay!

If your travels bring you back to our area during the warmer weather, we hope you will have a chance to enjoy our outdoor pool then! Again, we thank you for your time and we truly appreciate your business!

-Jennifer Kevech

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Double Tree at Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands. My wife and I traveled to Washington, PA for a business event at the Meadows Casino and Racetrack which is basically next door. There is a shuttle that runs hourly and can be requested for special times with advance notice. The restaurant inside the hotel, Maxwell's, has good tilapia, chicken noodle soup, reuben sandwiches and even offers a Pittsburgh sandwich that has french fries on it. The hotel is conveniently located next to a major road that leads to Tanger outlets which is great for a day of shopping with the family.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! It is so wonderful that our convenient location next to the casino and outlets served both you and your wife during your time with us!

We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the Excellent food and service in our restaurant! It is our goal here to offer the very best to each and every guest, and we are always pleased to hear when our guests recognize our effort! Thank you again for your time- and please know how much we appreciate your thoughts and your business!

Jennifer Kevech

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the staff and accommodations at this hotel. We will definately stay here again. The room was clean and extremely comfortable. When we checked in the staff were friendly and efficient. Will recommend this hotel to our friends!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear about what Excellent care we took of you during your time with us! What a pleasure to hear how clean your guest room was and how comfortable you found your stay to be. Our Front Office Team will be excited to hear of your compliments as well!

We truly appreciate your recommendations and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the very near future! Again, thank you for your time and for your business.

Jennifer Kevech