“Excellent Service, great for small family members”

Candlewood Suites Washington North
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Every visit I have to make to my hometown this is the hotel we stay, there are many reasons we keep coming back but I have to say it is mostly the friendly and caring service we receive. I travel all over the world and unfortunately some hotel chains have not figured out that it is the people that bring people back again and again. This location always makes you feel at home, greets you with a warm smile, and always makes sure you are taken care of. For those traveling with small pets this is the ONLY hotel in the area that allows them, for those without small family members don't worry you would never know we were there!! Rooms are spacious and very clean, a well stocked pantry, and did I mention they always have fresh baked cookies for FREE!! Hope this place never loses it's touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked this hotel for the price and location, even if the GPS got a bit confused in locating it. The price was reasonable for a weekend night.

The rooms are large and clean. You have everything one would expect in a suite; sitting area, kitchenette with a full refrigerator and microwave as well as a stove.

The staff was very friendly.

You even have use of a free laundry!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Every time I visit my son at Washington & Jefferson College I stay here. The rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchen areas are very nice and modern. The hallways are well lit and freshly painted with no marks on the walls. It is a little close to the highway, but the white noise from the highway doesn't bother me at all. The outside of the hotel is very plain looking, and there is nothing fancy about it. The inside is welcoming and has a warm feel. This hotel accepts pets and they gave my Patches a little bone when he arrived at the front desk.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Qori B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at Candlewood Suites. I'm very proud that we provide great services to you while you visit your family. Our motto is "Treat us like home" , and I hope we can continue to create a comfortable, and relaxed atmostphere for you everytime you choose us for your hotel. We look foward to you staying with us again. Thank you

Reviewed 11 September 2013

It was a little hard to find as far as signage, But worth finding. It Remains Full Most of the time, But if you Get a room You will enjoy a very spacious Clean Room. The staff is Friendly & Very Helpful, & can help you to Find anywhere you would like to go. All in All, VERY NICE.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking your time to let us know how we are doing at Candlewood Suites. We love to help our guest enjoy their time when they stay with us. I hope you continue to stay with us whenever your in the area, and that you have a great time when you do! Thank you!!

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Same as all the other Candlewoods. Not fancy, but offers what you need and when you need it.

Pros:

Property and rooms are always very clean.

Staff is always very friendly. Always acknowledge you when entering and exiting property.

Great for long stays.

Most rooms are quiet (see below in cons)

"Market area" is great for snacks and like the access of the washer and dryers.

Cons:

Satellite gets scrambled somewhat regularly it seems.

Great location off the highway. But a bit of a nuisance to leave to grab food at local restaurants.

Room facing hwy can be a bit loud.

With all being said. I would recommend this property. Positives far outweigh the negatives. Lots of oil & gas traffic (what brings me to the area frequently) but I've never had any problems with noise from any of the neighbors, which seeing all the trucks in the lot could give some people hesitation, but dont let it. Value is great.

Also close to the casino if that's your thing.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I, along with my daughter, grandson and son-in-law just stayed at this Candlewood Suites this past weekend. It was our first stay in a Candlewood Suites location and I have to say, I was really impressed with this hotel. The price of the room was very reasonable considering the other chains nearby. The size of the room was really nice and you had plenty of room to move around in. The room included a nice size kitchen area with stove, frig, microwave, dish washer and so forth. The bathroom was spacious with granite countertops, and you can't beat the nice towels, not those thin things found in other hotels/motels. We were impressed (so was my 6 year old grandson) with the small grocery area stocked with things for purchase and that could be made within your room. The front desk personnel were very pleasant and always had a nice "hello" or word to say. If all Candlewood Suites are as nice as this one, I've found a nice hotel chain to stay at when we travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Poppy1955
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I've stayed at plenty of Candlewood Suites, and I've always enjoyed them - this one is no different. It's been updated recently (as most seem to be), and the bed is the same type they all use - very comfortable. If you've been to a Candlewood before, you know exactly what you're getting: basic housekeeping, gym, free laundry, mini convenient store (Candlewood cupboard), full kitchen, etc.

The only downsides of this specific one was that the rooms weren't well insulated and you could hear every little creek from people above you, and the location - unless you're going to the casino, there really isn't much nearby.

Other than that, I would highly recommend this place, and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: A top room would keep you from hearing everyone walking around above you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business