“Don't Stay here if you have a choice”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just stayed here 3 days ago. Every hotel in the area and I mean every hotel was full and this place had one room left. We had been riding all day and needed to sleep and this was the only place around. It smelled like someone had been smoking in this room for a decade straight. I was told it shouldn't smell. Well the girl at the front desk gave us a can of spray but you all know how that works. The door jam was loose and the door barely locked. I turned on the shower and after 15 seconds water started oozing out..Horrible! I will drive any distance from now on to avoid a place like this...Stay somewhere else and pay the money. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ABVIWashington, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2015

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience. I apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one. The safety and satisfaction of a guest is very important to us. Since your stay, we have been able to better maintain our water pressure as well as our door trims, frames and locks. I am very sorry about your issue with the cigarette smoke. I know that the smell alone can quickly change a pleasant stay into a bad stay. We take your feedback very seriously and we hope that this experience will not prevent you from doing business with America’s Best Value Inn in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Strictly a "workers motel". Lots of beer drinkers and noise. Sink still full of whiskers! Drain won't close to fill sink. Sink nearly plugged anyway--could take a nap while draining. No spare TP. Parking lot covered with cig butts! Ice machine so dirty it was scarey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for all of the input you provided so that we may address these oversights. I am sorry for any unpleasant experience you may have had at our hotel. We have replaced our ice machine since your stay and it is a great improvement from the old one. We are also trying to better monitor some of our guests that do not keep the same hours as the majority of our other guests. We value your comments and intend on improving thanks to your suggestions.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel is moderate as far as a short stay. Would not recommend for a long period of time. Dirty bathrooms and bad customer service and hotel staff. The carpet is in need of replacing, the restrooms are filthy w/ dirty showers and floors, also the ventilation there is horrible. If someone was smoking across the building I was able to smell the cigarette smoke all the way in my room. Every week during my stay I had to file a complaint to the Manager because there would always be a problem of some sort. Most of the material is out of date.

Room Tip: end rooms are more quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TTechnologies
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Like: location and rooms.
Dislike: the house keeper knew very little english.
The stay was very nice though.
You get what you expect.
Although there were very few channels to select from on the television.
The showers were wonderful. Felt as if the hot water would never run out. With exceptional water pressure.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank CieraJo95
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Employees very nice and helpful to all my needs! Loved them but the room ...absolutely disgusting what a waste of $85! Cigarette burns in the sheets, curtains! How is that even possible?? Tsk tsk. Plus theTv didn't work for the first half hour we even walked in to the room! Bugs in the room omg must I go on!?

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank virgo94
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms were updated and very nice, although the carpet was stained. I almost didn't want to get up, the king size bed was so cozy. There was coffee, juice, granola bars and muffins for breakfast. We decided on Bob Evans right across the road. Conveniently located by the hwy. Noisy. Cheapest sleep in Washington PA. I would stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently stayed here a week. If I HAD the CHOICE, I would have stayed anyplace else. But I don't have a choice, since my employer pays the bills and they budget hotel stays for us employees on the cheap side.

Where do I start. Where oh where. The exterior is in need of a good renovation. And why does this hotel have rocks around the place? The type of clientele they get mostly drink, so eventually those rocks will be going through the windows or used as weapons. The rooms are fine, except they are not that clean (walls, floors). The outlets were missing covers and located in bad areas. The cable was terrible. Some channels were non-existing. Wi-Fi was horrible. The room I was in was receiving something, but a signal that was usable. The bedspread was old and dirty. It was the 1st thing I put elsewhere but the bed.If I was here longer than a week, I would have quit my job. The shower head came from a hole they didn't bother to cover up. The door frame with the security chain was loose. The only nice thing I can say is the room didn't smell like smoke like most rooms that are non-smoking would from a hotel looking like this one.

As for their continental breakfast, I ask what continent. If you like coffee, and some forgettable choices of food, this is your place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Oh, I was told the same owners own the Days Inn across the street, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business