“Excellent for Events”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent for Events”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This review is for the hotel as an event space. My wife and I got married there last month and just had to say we think Brad was awesome. He'll help in any way he can and his staff supports him and does a great job. Our family and friends had a really great time and our wedding planning was seamless and about as easy going as a wedding can be with Brad's help.

We had an early wedding with a brunch reception and it was executed very well. Valet parking for everyone, the whole hotel is basically yours for the day, and it looks great when it's all set up.

The only real minus I could give was that our dog couldn't be there however, I do understand why.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Super clean. Heat and AC are not adjustable in the room. Room was chilly. Called front desk to ask for heat and was told they'd turn on the blowers in the hallways but never felt a change in the temperature. No fridge. Thin walls; thus noisy. Bathroom is tiny with no where to place items. No hair dryer in room. One small trash can. Left for another hotel within 4 hours of our stay. Was not asked by the front desk personnel checking us out how our short stay was. The lady (Denise?) who checked us in was very personable but the fellow who checked us out seemed like he wanted to "check out", too.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank DoloresGerow
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it is very convenient when visiting Washington and Jefferson College. While visiting our son during Family Weekend, we were able to walk back and forth from campus with ease. Although the room was adequate, we were bothered by noise from adjacent rooms as well as the hallway. There is no carpeting in the hallways, so there is nothing to absorb the noise. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. It looks as if it was a grand old hotel at one time, now it's a little old, but acceptable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Coal City, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Beatles Suite 601. It was beautiful and very clean. I am not sure where the other people that wrote these reviews had stayed but I cannot believe them. I am so glad I did not take their opinions into consideration when booking this hotel. It is very old but recently updated. There was no hair dryer in the room but I called the front desk and they had one I could use. The front desk workers were very helpful and nice. The night clerk even gave us a list of restaurants that were in the area. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna H
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I ended up at this hotel as all the others in the town were booked up. I usually stick to chain hotels when traveling for business, but desperate times call for desperate hotels. The hotel felt as if it'd once been very grand, but the half effort refurbishing resulted in a shabby sort of feel. The sheets were thin and one had a hole in it. The first room I was placed in didn't have room controlled AC and with the heat being in the 80's, I called the front desk to ask how to adjust it. The control was in the hall way, and then, it was broken. I had to go down to the desk to find out that bit of news, and then told the clerk I needed a new room. There were rooms with A/C on another floor.

It will do if the other hotels are filled up, but I'd never recommend it. I hoped that staying someone a bit more historical would be more fun, but I felt dingy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with self controlled AC.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PixieSaurus-Rex
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here in December 2011 My boyfriend and I wanted to stay somewhere close to home but have a getaway for new years eve. From reading the other reviews, I can see that the place has not changed much in the past year or so. First, I reserved a room specifically with a Jacuzzi tub on the website and the tried putting me in the Bob Hope Suite which is a small room with no hot tub. When I went down to the frond desk, they were accommodating enough and gave us the presidential suite. The tub in the room was clean and nice however for the price I would expect better soap, shampoo, etc. They had an ice bucket but no machines for ice so you had to walk all the way down to the front desk or on the scary elevator to ask for ice. I couldn't even call down to the front desk because there was no phone in the room. There was also no hairdryer. I thought that these were 2 items always provided in hotels? There were also a lot of shady type characters hanging around. I found out when we left that they have the rooms rented out as apartments to undesirables. I really didn't feel safe in the place. When the door to our room closed there was a gab between the bottom of the door and the floor that a cat could have walked under. It was not very private at all. The parking situation was also horrible. Not very much room to park at all and very tight spots especially if you have an SUV. We were lucky to even get a spot. The hotel was kind of dirty and just had a creepy, old feel. No area rugs in the rooms to warm the place up. The room and bathroom were huge but there was a real lack of furniture and other decorating accents that would make this place cozy. Maybe with a little redecorating, cleaning and a few other improvements this place could be warm and inviting instead of stark and scary. I would not recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank choicechick
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We spent one night here enroute to the south from Ontario. The hotel is in the wonderful old downtown area of Washington PA. Lots of great architecture to be seen. The hotel is really old, filled with character, clean and quiet and mostly updated within the limitations of a building this old. Simple amenities in the bathroom, but clean and adequate. The only major complaint would be the mattress of the King size bed. Almost as old as the hotel with a vortex in the middle. Otherwise, average, if a little overpriced.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple