Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington at Meadowlands
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good for one night”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed there for a wedding and it was fine. Overall, we had no complaints. The room was clean, service was friendly, and breakfast was okay. I'm not a huge fan of the chain personally, but there isn't a particular reason for this more than taste.

The location is very convenient to the outlets, Washington, PA, and the casino.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great night stay. Was traveling through the area and decided to try this hotel and we were so happy we did. We had a really nice stay. The check in was very quick, and the room we stayed in was perfect size for my family. Then to make the stay even better was the complimentary breakfast we had before we checked out. The food was hot and there was plenty of choices to choose from. We will be back for sure. Definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Springville, Utah
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews about this property, but we stayed there because we needed to use Carlson points for the personal days of our recent visit to Pittsburgh. Unsure why the poor reviews - we would definitely return again if given the opportunity.

The property was clean, the room very comfortable. The slightly oversized desk provided sufficient space for both of our laptops to charge and/or use. Nice large walk-in shower and plenty of space in the bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable - nice and firm with just the right amount of cushion, plenty of covers and pillows. Even my husband, who never notices the difference from one bed to another, commented on the comfortable bed. The breakfast area was sufficient and well-stocked. What's not to like?

If anything was lacking, it would have been the service at the front desk - I was a bit underwhelmed by the welcome upon check-in and the response to my occasional question. This, however, was not sufficient to keep me from coming back. The location, as others have mentioned, is great if you are headed to Meadowlands Race Track, Casino, or the outlet mall, which we weren't. But it was right off the freeway and provided easy access to wherever we wished to go. Nearby restaurants are limited unless you head over to the outlet mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side for less noise - even though it appears to be off the free...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peg I
Pawnee, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Positive - We were on our way home from moving our daughter to Baltimore (from IL) & needless to say were a tad tired & emotional. I had booked this hotel online, in the car via our iPad just a few moments before arriving. Upon my arrival at the hotel, the lady at the front desk advised me that she was not able to locate my reservation. Frustrated & tired, I grabbed the iPad & pulled up the reservation. After looking at the reservation, it was evident that in my tired state I had made an error & had booked a room for the NEXT night. Nooooo. We were exhausted & just wanted a room!!!! The lady quickly jumped to calm me down & advised me that she could not only accommodate us, but that she would upgrade our room to a suite, at NO additional charge. REALLY???? Yup. She did. Country Inns & Suites are one of my go-to hotels & this is just one of the many reasons why!!!!! :o)

Negative - ONE negative mark against this hotel is that upon our leaving the hotel, we did a room check, to ensure that we were not leaving anything behind. We always check underneath the beds, in case something has fallen onto the floor & rolled under the bed. Upon doing this, we found an "adult magazine". If the room had been thoroughly cleaned, I honestly cannot see how this could've been missed... I'm just glad that a child had not found it!!!!!!!!!! Although this incident did not change my mind in regards to CIS as a whole, I will admit though that this did raise my eyebrows as to how well rooms are cleaned, a tleast at this particular hotel.......

Room Tip: This hotel is right off the highway. We were awoken early in the AM to the sounds of vehicles on the...
1 Thank KATHLEEN C
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Key didn't work, got it replaced and on room entry---overwhelmed with Febreeze. The front desk was able to find a room that did not have guests the previous night so, the odor had diminished. My question is, the rooms are fairly clean--why spray them at all? There are guests such, as myself that are allergic to these odors and chemicals.

The hotel is next to the interstate so, noise is an issue. This hotel is clean, parking free and easy. The breakfast is average and seating availability did not seem to be an issue. We did not use the indoor pool, but it seemed to be small. There are plenty of eateries nearby, Tanger Outlets and the race track are within eyesight.

For the rate that we paid, we definitely would return, because it was clean (minus the febreeze) and a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the high numbers (310-320), they are furthest from the interstate.
1 Thank StephWV
UNIONTOWN
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very nice place to stay people very friendly and helpful!The staff went out of their way to help get towel shampoo and stuff we needed.Me.my husband,daughter,and son went down on a saturday and stayed until sunday to go to the outlets in washington pa school clothes shopping. Very close to there and bed was very comfortable clean and affordable.My family enjoyed the pool it was open until 12 midnight which was great because we ran around the little town than kids came back and swim.And they offer breakfast a nice one not just toast and doughnuts but warm food eggs,waffles etc.We had a wonderful time there and would tell everyone if you are near washington pa and want to stay somewhere nice stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel lacks the basic maintenance and quality I would expect from any chain hotel.
- The hotel parking lot lighting is inadequate; many of the overhead lights are out. I don't feel safe in that environment.
- The HVAC in the fitness center is set to "sweltering jungle" with no fan.
- There were no antibacterial wipes in the fitness center container. (I never found any during my multiple day stay)
- The WiFi at its best performance is slow. At it's worst the connections fail. My VPN software never worked regardless of how the WiFi was performing.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington at Meadowlands, responded to this review, 19 August 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.