“Great hotel”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stay here often when we are in town. Husband goes to the casino, I go to the outlets. Hotel staff is REALLY always so pleasant. Easy check-in. Clean rooms, quiet hallways. Decor is modern and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

T B,
We appreciate your return visits and thank for writing a review for Courtyard Washington. We're pleased to know our great location offers a variety of entertainment options, and we consistently deliver friendly service and clean accommodations during your visits. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here the weekend to relax and go to the casino after hectic holidays. Our stay was fabulous! Cameron, who checked us in and was our "go to" guy for our stay was WONDERFUL! He is so kind, courteous and funny! He made our stay SO MUCH FUN! Great employee!! He was truly a joy!

We were also happy to have the shuttle to take us to and from the casino. I forget the shuttle driver's name (sorry!!) but she, too, was so kind and friendly. She got us to our destination safely and came to pick us up promptly!.

The room was so comfortable and quiet....we needed this getaway....and I want to thank everyone for such a great time. We will definitely stop by again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

pmta,
We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Washington for your casino weekend getaway, thank you for writing a review. It's wonderful to hear that our staff's excellent service and warm hospitality made for a relaxing and memorable experience. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team, and I will make sure Cameron receives a special commendation for his outstanding service. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is situated up on a hill right beside the Tanger outlets. It is in a great location and is clean and on the newer side. We enjoyed our stay and the kids loved swimming in the pool. The staff was pleasant and although we were sent to an unclean room the first time, the front desk girl was very apologetic and made sure the next room we were giving was ready for us. The room itself was a little smaller than other courtyards we've stayed in and the bed not as comfy, but it did the job. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

kkak1234,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Washington. We're glad you and your family enjoyed your visit, and the kids had a good time in the pool. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope you will visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

GREAT location, conveniently sandwiched between the Tanger Outlets and the Meadows casino. Staff was pleasant and helpful (needed a toothbrush; they don't even sell them in the market, just have complimentary ones) and the bathroom was really cool. The only reason I didn't give this hotel five stars is because there weren't any pay-per-view movies, although I'm told by folks in the business that usually properties closer to city center are the ones that have movies on demand. I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it if you're in the area to shop or gamble. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Candolina,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Washington. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our great location and helpful staff to meet your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us so we thank you again for writing. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight coming back to Ontario from South Carolina. We were very pleased with the friendly staff and the clean and comfortable hotel room. It is more expensive than others in the area but we feel it was money well spent. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Nadine L,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Washington on your travels from South Carolina back to Ontario. We're happy to have been a part of your trip, and we're glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for your great review.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

As a business traveler, I have stayed at many many hotels. What stood out for me at this hotel was the professionalism and sincere kindness of the young blond-haired woman that took my order and served breakfast for me each morning. Always smiling. Always happy. Always professional. I wish I had gotten her name so I could mention it here but she truly is an exemplary employee at your hotel. The hotel itself was clean and nice. Actually booking another stay in the next week. Happy to be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

todda3014,
Thank you for writing a review about your Courtyard Washington experience. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while traveling on business, and we're pleased to hear that our staff's excellence in service made for an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team as they strive daily to exceed guest expectations. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I approached the front desk to check in about 4 pm. I was the only customer and the phone was not ringing. The young man behind the desk looked up briefly from his computer and grunted at me. I didn't say a word because he seemed so intent on his computer work. After 4 or 5 minutes, a young woman went behind the counter and asked him if she could help--he quickly declined her offer as I continued to stand there, waiting to check in. Maybe I offended him when I checked my watch and realized that 11 minutes had passed, but he didn't really look at me. He called out to the woman and said with much impatience in his voice, "Can you help HER?" The young woman return to the counter, the two exchanged some kind of knowing look, and she said, ID please. The only other thing she asked was why I was in Washington. It was my first opportunity to speak a word and I froze...what was she accusing me off? Was I at the wrong hotel? Did I do something wrong? I finally mutter, just passing through. She didn't even bother to listen to my answer...just shoved the key at me. I figured out how to get to the room myself and it was spacious and clean. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels in the last few years so first thing I did was check for bed bugs...and found no sign of them. Whew! The room was delightful and I so wanted to like this Courtyard, but I felt so unwelcome that I was not comfortable staying there. I went back to the lobby later and the young man had a line of people waiting to check in but he was busy demonstrating something on the computer to a colleague. In the early evening I again past through the lobby and realized that the young man not only recognized me but was avoiding all eye contact with me...totally avoidance. I walked up to him and gave him my best smile and asked him what his name was. NICK was very proud to give me his name...guess he thought I wanted to reward him for his service to me. I hunted for ice water that's put out in every other Courtyard I've stayed in or the all day coffee...but here was none. What I usually see as a warm, inviting cafe was by now just a cold, sterile food service place. I have never been made to feel so unwanted as a guest as Nick made me feel. Not only don't I want to stay here again, I have found myself avoiding all Courtyards. I can earn the same rewards with the Hilton chains as the Marriott chains and they have never made me feel unwelcome. It's been over a month now and I thought I'd forget about it...but you can tell by this review that Nick's attitude has left me not ever wanting to go back to this or any other Courtyard. A simple "hello, welcome, I'll be with you in just a moment" at the beginning of my 15 minute check-in would have completely changed my review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravMuch
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

TravMuch,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps were taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again. Thank you again for writing.