SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Washington(Washington)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewskrispy kremetub toilet roomvariety of choicestwo queen bedsbreakfast ladieshvac unitbedroom areafree breakfast in the morningpull out couchnice pool and hot tubdesk staffnice hotelsmall refrigeratoroatmealcoffee potwould stay againnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Stayed here courtesy of Washington Hospital during a medical residency interview. Place was very inviting and clean, and the suite was well appointed for a business traveler. Bathroom was spacious, and the two room feel of the suite made it easy to lounge on the bed an watch the tv as well as use the desk space for work. Decor was a bit stiff and modern, but the colors wee very pleasing all the same. I happened to leave a tempurpedic pillow here on check out, but they collected it, bagged it, labeled it, and had it for me the next day when we swung back to pick it up. Cable service was a bit shoddy - lots of fuzzy channels. It is in a good location close to lots of chain restaurants and stores like Walmart and Target if you forget something. Stayed in a king suite.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Greg S,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel. Glad you got your pillow back! Please come and visit us again soon.
Mike Rhoten, General Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I loved it there i went to a birthday party there. they have a great indoor spa and pool. they also have a Pantry type room to buy stuff in like snacks and medicine. They had coffee, tea and coco out all night they have free newspaper its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: nicer on higher level
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

cori g,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us at SpringHill Suites, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope you had a good time at the birthday party too! Please plan to visit us again soon. We look forward to your return.
Mike Rhoten, General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This was a nice hotel with very nice rooms, the TV choices are terrible. The rooms and hotel were very clean and the staff was one of the best I have stayed with. Location is very good right next to mall and plenty of restaurants nearby. Standard hot breakfast most hotels now have, nothing special but good

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

jfchapman,

Thank you for writing a review. We're glad you chose to stay at SpringHill Suites Washington, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. It's also great to know you liked our wonderful staff. We hope you'll plan to see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed while traveling home from DC. The front desk clerk was very friendly. The room was spacious and very clean. Free breakfast. Free wifi. 2 queen beds and a separate room with a kitchenette (sink, coffee pot, & mini frige), a very long couch and a desk area and a TV. The TV can be seen from the beds also. The bathroom has the tub and toilet. There is a sink and mirror just outside of the bathroom. If you are a AAA member you can save & on your stay. From our room window we could see so many shops - I will post a pic of the view. It is close to the interstate so you can hear the hum of traffic. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

TheP4,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you stayed as our guests and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our rooms and found our staff to be friendly. We greatly appreciate your high recommendation, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Normally I do far more "homework" when choosing places to stay. This was a last minute trip to Washington, PA to meet a family member who needs to get home to Canada. My husband and I were already on a trip in NY State for our anniversary so why not? No time for hotel research! On route we quickly looked up area hotels with decent ratings & photos. A last minute call to check availability for 2 nights and turns out the ONLY room available was a King bed, whirlpool tub suite. Perfect for our special occasion!
Wrong!
Its a little too late for us, but perhaps I can help with your hotel search.
The rating at the top of this review is ranked on the high side with "poor" because in my opinion it is likely that there is a "more terrible" hotel. Please note for a SpringHill Suites, this location is terrible.
The first floor king, whirlpool suite features a LOUD heating unit, three feet from the pillow you may be sleeping on. At least it blocks out the highway noise.
However, that is why the location is rated very good because it is right off the I79, and close to various stores and places to eat.
Back to the pillow.... The first time I put my head down I looked off the side and noticed an odd looking dark blotch on the wall. Looking closer I realized it was a large type of bug squished into the grooved wall. I can only assume some time prior to the squish the bug resided in the SpringHill Suites. I wonder if Bug was charged the nightly rate of $174? I am sure many hotels have insect residents however, post-squish I expect the bug be removed. NO EXCUSES! Its not like it ran away under the bed, or flew into the hallway.
That brings me to cleanliness. To those who oversee housekeeping, PLEASE reiterate to those cleaning guests rooms: frequently used knobs, handles and surfaces MUST be cleaned! Is it not fair to expect SpringHill Suites to AT LEAST meet that expectation? Normally I do not look far beyond the surfaces within a hotel room. Since we brought some snacks, use of the fridge was necessary. Just an FYI this suite has a very small fridge with no ice box. When first opened, the fridge did not seem cold so I looked around to find the cooling control. Moving the fridge around to see if there was a switch in the back revealed mass amounts of dust!
An initial "draw" to this location is the reviews describing and photos showing "updates". Featured among the updates to this location are yellowed plastic switches, an old sink, tub surround and toilet. It is understandable to leave original tile in a bathroom, so long as it is in good shape, but a yellowing tub surround? Old and dingy fixtures?
Oh yeah, AND the whirlpool that justifies the higher room rate coordinates with the other bathrooms fixtures!!
NOT WORTH IT!!!
Sadly the part of our experience we can not share is how we packed it in and moved down the road. We called the Hampton, its sold out. BOTH nights! Last minute trips will do that. Otherwise we'd be out of here! Cross your fingers Hampton gets a cancellation.
A final note to aid others with their hotel search is regarding the nightly rate. When checking in I asked if by chance they offered a AAA/CAA rate. After some keyboard tapping the young lady replied, 'we do not offer that rate tonight because we are sold out.' SpringHill Suites SELLS OUT, must mean they are not making any money, so forget about getting any lousy 10%-ish discount! How does that make ANY sense? My bad for not asking about our second night while at the desk. As I type, Marriott reservations is showing tomorrow nights availability. Listed are "SPECIAL RATES" by clicking AAA/CAA $139. for a studio, king, sofa bed. PERFECT! Anything is better then waking up next to squished bug & the waste of a whirlpool tub!
Best of luck if you must stay in Washington PA

Room Tip: DO NOT waste your money on a "whirlpool suite"
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

ReganLaney,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you choosing SpringHill Suites. I have thoroughly read your review, and assure you I will be reviewing your comments with our staff in our next meeting. I apologize for your discontent with our hotel, and regret you did not receive our high quality of service during your stay. I hope these issues will not deter you from remaining a SpringHill Suites customer, and hope you will visit us again for a more positive experience.