“Clean Property, Very nice staff”

SpringHill Suites Washington
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean Property, Very nice staff”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here a few times, each time has been the same, excellent. The rooms are clean, attractive, and the beds are very comfortable. They have an indoor pool and hot tub which is really nice for kids to unwind after a long drive.
The breakfast is perfect for me, I've had some places (Springhill included) that would serve a coffee and toast. They listened to the customers and raised the bar, eggs/sausage, muffins & cereal, along with other cold and hot items. Plenty of other restaurants and stores within a mile, as well.
The front desk staff was helpful and friendly from the time I checked in until the time of check out. Nice to have a reliable place to stay that seems to offer all that I need for the night or a weekend.

Room Tip: I like the high rooms, just for the views.....
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Steve L,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you and your family stayed with us at SpringHill Suites and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our clean rooms, comfortable beds, and delicious breakfast. I hope the kids had fun in the pool! Should you plan another getaway weekend, please plan it with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jay Cruz, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 28 February 2013

In general the hotel was fine -- a little too Target-inspired decor (pseudo-Hyatt Place) for my taste (lime green and turquoise colors). Our room faced I-70 so lots of traffic noise and not a very pretty view. Breakfast was a bit disappointing compared with similar hotels that offer the same service. I do dislike having the bathroom sink separate from the main bathroom area. Very close to some nice restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Mechael,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you as our guests while visiting the Washington area. Please visit us again as we enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We reserved a room withi a jacuzzi, which I expected to be in the bathroom. It was right next to the bed, which was unusual. This was also the first hotel room I remember ever staying in that only had one phone on the desk and non next the bed. Not sure about the morning wake up call - at least I know I'll get up since I will have to get out the bed and find the phone on the desk. Otherwise, nice Springhill suite room.

Room Tip: Avoid the room with whirlpool.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
PAMIVAPA,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at SpringHill Suites. I'm glad you liked our hotel, and I hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My mother and I have stayed here several times over recent years during annual trips to Washington for family reunions. Two years ago we chose a newer Marriott property nearby because the SpringHill Suites was becoming a very "tired" facility. We returned to SpringHill in August 2012 and I am glad to say that some renovations and redecorating have refreshed the property considerably.

The staff is friendly and helpful, including the hard-working folks who keep the very busy breakfast area clean and well-stocked. This hotel is convenient to lots of chain-style dining and big box shopping, close proximity to the town of Washington and near the major roads that intersect here. For those who like harness racing and/or gambling, the Meadows race track and casino are nearby as is a large outlet mall.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
washpa,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're delighted to know that you and your mother stayed as our guests and enjoyed our new look. I'm glad you felt welcomed and well taken care of by our staff too. Your compliments are greatly appreciated, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. We look forward to it.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group on business. The hotel was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Great location with lots of dining and shopping nearby. I recommend it if you need a place to stay in the area. The staff was great and breakfast was great as well.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
badmire,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of our great location, terrific hotel, and wonderful staff. We hope you'll come and visit us again soon.
King George, Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The hotel overall wasn't bad, but something was definitely left to be desired. We had four adults and a toddler staying in a room for a family visit, and the space was definitely a bit tight with the sofa bed pulled out, although manageable when the bed was tucked away during the day. The shower water was only barely hot when at the max though, which was a bit of an annoyance. We took my niece down to the pool, but even in the Jacuzzi, the water was noticeably and uncomfortably cool, below the temperature of most bath water. I ended up having to take my niece back to the room within minutes because she was shivering. Another minor gripe was that the hot water in the dispensers at the coffee service in the lobby and breakfast wasn't quite warm enough to brew tea and required microwaving back in the room to get a decent cup of tea. The major plus of the hotel was that it is quite close to the freeway, so it's easy to get around and we had no trouble visiting family around the area. The room wasn't awful, but I can't say that it was good enough that I'd stay again or that I'd recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcia P
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Marcia P,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at SpringHill Suites. Your feedback is important to us, so I appreciate hearing from you. It is unfortunate that your experience with us was not a fully satisfying one. We will review your comments as a team and look into making necessary improvements. Again, thank you for writing. We hope to have you as our guest again to provide a more positive experience.

Watertown, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Stayed here courtesy of Washington Hospital during a medical residency interview. Place was very inviting and clean, and the suite was well appointed for a business traveler. Bathroom was spacious, and the two room feel of the suite made it easy to lounge on the bed an watch the tv as well as use the desk space for work. Decor was a bit stiff and modern, but the colors wee very pleasing all the same. I happened to leave a tempurpedic pillow here on check out, but they collected it, bagged it, labeled it, and had it for me the next day when we swung back to pick it up. Cable service was a bit shoddy - lots of fuzzy channels. It is in a good location close to lots of chain restaurants and stores like Walmart and Target if you forget something. Stayed in a king suite.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Greg S,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel. Glad you got your pillow back! Please come and visit us again soon.