“eat out often”

Cuisines: Seafood
Washington, PA
“eat out often”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My family goes to Solomons any where from 1 to 2 times a week and find both the food and the service great.They have a broad menu and we have never had anything but excellant food. The clam chowder is the best and their fried cod sandwich is the best around. We have recommended Solomon to many folks and they all make it a point to thank us.

• Visited May 2013

Ellsworth, Pennsylvania
“Meeting friends for dinner before going to a play”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The restaurant looked extremely nice from the outside, and the parking lot was adeqaute. The hostess was very pleasant, and we were seated immediately. We ordered from a menu of numerous selections. We waited a good while for our food, but there were six of us so we thought that they were preparing our food as ordered, so we waited patiently. Two of us ordered the special which was listed on the board as we entered. There was no prices listed on the board. Finally the food came, and it looked very appetizing; however looks were deceiving as the food was nearly cold to taste. We didn't have time to send it back to be reheated so we just ate it. When the check came, we were appalled at the price as it was extremely high for the small amount of food that we had received. This was because of the inflated price of the specials, so my advice is to have plenty of time when you go there, and to definitely ask what the price of the specials is before you order. I was very disappointed since I was the one who suggested the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Donna M
Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When the bus girl gets your drinks and apologizes for your waitress, you know you're in for a bad night,
The waitress was so horrible, she walked away as my friend was placing an order to talk to another waitress, only to come back and tell us how busy she was, ignored my boyfriend's repeated request for drink refills, and threw my to go box on my plate of food. And no, I didn't take it home after that!
I tipped the busgirl, and left the waitress a nickle, which was 5 cents more than she was worth!
Oh, and the food was cold, but I would attribute that to "Gloria". Avoid her and you might have a decent experience.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lynne L
Washington, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible staff!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We recently tried Solomon's for the first time last evening. The hostess was incredibly rude who turned out to be an owner. She acted annoyed when we requested a high chair for our child. The table was situated so we could easily see into the kitchen an located next to the beverage area. You could see the staff cooking your food with tobacco in their mouths. Staff was not cleanly what so ever as preparing dinner drinks.
The staff was slow and rude and acted annoyed by anything we asked. The food was okay but not worth the attitude you receive and general uncomfortable feeling while dining there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jnp129
Houston, Pennsylvania
“Seafood and Steaks and Beer, Oh My!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I've recently 'liked' Solomon's on Facebook and found out about all of awesome new items that are available there. My husband and I went there for dinner a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a fish sandwich and the waitress told me about their 'Premium' Cod sandwich that is on a new brioche (not sure if I spelled that right) bun. It was excellent and I didn't even use any sauces, which I usually do. My husband is not always a seafood lover, but he does like crab cakes - and Solomon's crab cakes are sure to impress! We were also surprised by the selection of drinks, especially the great beers with the draft glass washer!

So impressed that we've been back 3 times since and had a variety of items including the Delmonico, Grouper, Calamari, Seafood Bisque and a terrific salad. Staff is always friendly and it seems like they're always trying to make improvements. The atmosphere is great and seems very family oriented. I would highly recommend!

• Visited February 2013