Pleased overall with this hotel. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Washington when we're in that area of PA visiting family, but this time it was booked. The Comfort Inn was a great alternative.
The rooms were clean, and looked pretty new with modern decorations & bedding. We had a 2 bed suite (which included a small living room area with a leather couch & coffee table, as well as a fridge & microwave) and it was nice. A bit tight, but three adults stayed in the room with no issues. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is 100% smoke free so it smells clean and fresh.
The kitchen area where the breakfast is laid out is a bit small, but the provisions were find.
Only two complaints are that for a newer property, it's already starting to look a bit worn around the edges. Also, everything is a bit tight. The rooms, the elevator (particularly trying to wedge a luggage cart into it), the breakfast area, etc. But really, for the price and the proximity to Route 70, I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites hotel in Washington PA, home of the Marcellus Shale ProjectThe stylishly designed Comfort Inn & Suites® hotel is an ultimate luxury hotel, yet surprisingly affordable. This hotel is centrally located along the Interstate 70 and Interstate 79 corridor. Nearby attractions include The Meadows harness racetrack and casino and Tanger Outlets shopping mall with over 75 name brand stores. We are also minutes from stores and gourmet shops. This Washington, PA hotel is also just minutes from Washington & Jefferson College, Waynesburg University and West Virginia University. Spend an evening at CONSOL Energy Park where our minor league baseball team, the Washington Wild Things, play. Pittsburgh points of interest include Rivers Casino, Benedum Center for the Performing Arts, Heinz Hall, the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, Carnegie Science Center, National Aviary and Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. Enjoy a concert at the First Niagara Pavilion or the amphitheater at Station Square. Professional sporting events are about 30 minutes away, including baseball games at PNC Park (home of the Pittsburgh Pirates), football games at Heinz Field stadium (home of the Pittsburgh Steelers) and Mellon Arena (home of the Pittsburgh Penguins).The area has a variety of restaurants to choose from, including Jumper's Junction, Garfield's Restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, T.G.I. Friday's, Applebee's, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans. Enjoy an authentic Italian meal at Angelo's Restaurant, located within walking distance of this Pennsylvania hotel. Stay for the fireworks on Friday nights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Washington
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Suites Washington
- Washington Comfort Suites