“Where's all of the toppings?”
Review of Shorty's Lunch

Shorty's Lunch
Ranked #18 of 162 Restaurants in Washington
Freehold, New Jersey
“Where's all of the toppings?”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I understand that this has been a neighborhood favorite for decades, but where are all of the options? Would it hurt to have chili and cheese as a hot dog topping, or is it just mustard and ketchup?
The prices are cheap and they have a quick turn-around. Atmosphere could use some updating.

• Visited February 2014

Colorado
“Get the Hot Dog”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I took my husband there as one of his gifts for our 14 Days of Love leading up to Valentine's Day. He loves hot dogs and I've heard from so many local people that Shorty's is the place to go. I'm not a big hot dog person so I got the hamburger-big mistake. It wasn't very good but I did have a couple of bites of my husband's hot dog. It was very good! He did not get the chili on it so I can't comment on that. Shorty's is located in downtown Washington in an old building. To me, it just added character to the place. The service was good, the price is good, and the food was okay. It was worth it for the experience but I don't think we will become frequent visitors.

• Visited February 2014
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Gross”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If u want a boiled hotdog then this is your place. Small menu. Dirty dirty dirty old building. When we moved here everyone said to go there and I'm shocked anyone would ever reccomend this place... The chilli looked awful and it was. Very unprofessional presentation. Will never go here again.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Erin B
Asheville, North Carolina
“Shorty's Generation”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

As a child, I fondly remember my dad or grandfather taking me to the Washington Mall or downtown to Shorty's. I remember the hamburgers and they tasted so good, and recently I visited again and they still tasted as good. I have lived in every corner of this country and have had Nathans, Dodger Dogs, Chicago dogs and everything in between....this is nothing that compares to a Shorty's chili dog. My late grandfather once told me a story of one Sunday he was downtown Washington and he walked by the Shorty's and he noticed a cat sleeping on the grill as they kept it warm so it wouldn't take forever to to heat up! I doubt that is the case these days, but he said that is what made the hot dogs taste so good back then! :)

• Visited November 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I grew up in Washington and always took Shorty's for granted. When I went away to college I started to crave their hot dogs. Now that I live 1,500 miles away, I can't wait to go back home so I can get some Shorty's. Their other location in Wolfdale is open on weekends and easier to get to (if you live on that side) so every time I go home, the first lunch I have is 2 with everything, small fry with gravy and a Sprite. I think that was our class quote in high school? This place has other items as well but it's the hot dogs that bring people in.

• Visited June 2013