“Room itself ok, but everything else is not”

Red Roof Inn Washington
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Pros - Room is fine. I found it to be very clean and comfortable. TV channels were a little fuzzy. New carpeting, drapes, and bathroom fixtures.

Cons - Desk clerk was extremely RUDE. I stood there for five minutes before she even looked up. Not a "just a moment" or anything from her. Stairwells are a mess. There are wide open doors on a lot of the rooms. People have removed furniture from them and are sitting around the parking lot. There was a shirtless man walking around the floor I was on screaming at his toddlers who shouted most of the evening.

I would bypass this exit altogether if wanting a stopover hotel. The other motels at this exit were even scarier. The Ramada on top of the hill looked like something from a horror movie. The Days Inn had an old HOJO sign that was fun for nostalgia's sake in their parking lot. And, don't even consider the Best Value Inn. It looked like a homeless shelter. All and all this appeared to be a very shady area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JKF56
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

I apologize for the problems you had during your visit with us. I certainly have addressed your comments with our desk clerks. We will be receiving a renovation in December which will greatly improve the appearance of our property. I thank you for your comments and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Washington

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I needed a room at the last minute and chose this property. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room seemed to be very outdated. The carpet was stained. There was a clock radio on the bed stand but no electrical outlet to plug it in nearby. The pillows were very thin and uncomfortable. The was dust and crumbs around the furniture. The towels were worn pretty thin and some had holes. Likely will not stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James R

I apologize for our property needing renovated. I am able to say that we will be receiving a renovation very shortly. We hope that you will come back and give us another try. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed here 12-08-2011. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and my room seemed clean enough so imagine my surprise when I awoke to bedbugs in my bed. I called the front desk and the clerk came to my room immediately and confirmed my findings. I left immediately. My money was refunded. I had to fumigate all our belongings at my expense.I would not recommend this place to anyone. My room was 148

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 54006Lovetotravel
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about my inn. I appreciate the many kind things you had to stay about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the problem you experienced. Please know that we take this issue very seriously. As I am sure you are aware, this is a problem that not only all types of hotels deal with, but also dormitories, apartment buildings, and movie theaters. I can assure you, if we experience a problem, it is eliminated immediately by a professional company that specializes in inspections and treatment. We try to be very proactive in our efforts to avoid this problem and again, I am sorry that you experienced it. We would enjoy the opportunity to serve you at our hotel again. Thanks again for providing me with this valuable feedback.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Pillows were too thin. In the morning I saw a couple of cockroaches. If I had seen them earlier I would not have stayed over. We sent in our comment to the hotel manager, he did not seem to be too concerned.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MaxandLaney

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about my inn. I appreciate the many kind things you had to stay about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the problem you experienced. Please know that we take this issue very seriously. Any problem that a guest experiences is eliminated immediately by a professional company that specializes in inspections and treatment. We try to be very proactive in our efforts to avoid this problem and again, I am sorry that you experienced it. I am very interested in talking with you so that I can make this right. We would enjoy the opportunity to serve you at our hotel again. Thanks again for providing me with this valuable feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I used my free night stay here. The room was OK. The bed was the only thing better than the last one I stayed at. I'm begining to think that I shouldn't stay at this hotel chain. The sink had hairs in it like after a man has shaved, there were crumbs on the floor by the door and one of the beds looked slept in. I don't think I will be staying at this chain again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This review applies to our last visit on Aug 4, 2011.

We've stayed at this Red Roof so many times the staff knows our Dalmatian and he knows them!

This is a very friendly, but busy hotel. We got a good night's sleep. There are many well drilling crews staying here, but they do not cause a lot of noise in the evening or early morning. There wasn't any problem finding a parking place.

The room was clean, the bedding was immaculate and the TV worked (even had MS-NBC News unlike some other hotels). When we asked for some extra towels, we were handed a pile of them along with wash cloths. If you need more shampoo than what comes in the little sealed shampoo baggie, you may want to ask for an extra one or two from the desk or use your own.

Free coffee and copies of USA today are available in the lobby. There is a Denny's restaurant and a Wendy's within a 2 minute walk. If you turn left at the bottom of the hill when you exit the hotel, you'll find a nice donut shop about 500 feet up the road on the left (we were pointed there by the hotel staff).

The hotel is less than a minute away from I-70's on and off ramps.

We'd like to publicly say "Thank You" to Red Roof for their continued "pet friendly" policy. Many hotels do not allow pets, but all of the Red Roofs do..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We've stayed here three times and I've yet to be disappointed with the staff or the room. With several good resturants nearby and convient gas stations, this is a perfect overnight stopping point for our trip from NC to NY. We've checked in late all three times and this was never a problem and the rooms were always clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family