“Great room, horrible breakfast experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I chose to stay at an Embassy Suites after my previous experience with the one located by Philadelphia Airport. I was able to do early check in and was very satisfied with the room. It was very clean, smelled clean, and was very comfortable. Waking up the next morning, I was looking forward to a delicious breakfast. Not what I received. First there were no plates. Once those were refilled, the food I proceeded to fill my plate with what was supposed to be hot food. This food was stone cold. I then went to the omelette bar in hopes I could get something there. My omelette was undercooked. This is a problem. There was no flow or organization to the breakfast buffet and it was absolute chaos due to the way it was set up. There must be a better way. Because of this, I didn't eat breakfast here and had to spend money elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 22 October 2013

While the hotel was very welcoming, service staff were great, room size was same as all Embassy Suites, this hotel needs updated. Carpets, windows, doors- a major overhaul. Free Breakfast- great- skip the waffles- they could be floor tiles.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed one night in October 2013. My wife and I were impressed with the upscale facility and cleanliness of the room. Everything was as it should be. There were two new flat screen TV's , one in the bedroom and one in the living /office area. The free breakfast was outstanding. It was one of the best breakfast offerings of any hotel we have stayed at. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the Valley Forge area.

Room Tip: For the disabled, make sure all baggage is unloaded at the main entrance. The are no disabled ramps...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I decided on a quick getaway in March 2013 and decided on the Embassy Suites in Wayne PA about 45 minutes from our home. We found the check-in to be very quick and easy, hotel lobby very nice. The room was tasteful and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nice size, and everything worked well. Manager's Recepetion happy hour had free draft beer, but it was Budweiser, bummer. I opted to pay for something of a better quality. The snacks offered were really "low budget". The last Embassy Suites I stayed in had Sam Adams on draft for the Manager's reception, with a good veariety of hot and cold appetizers, not so here - hard pretzels and dip. The hotel is close to a number of good restaurants and the King of Prussia area, so no problem finding things to do if you decide to venture out. This area is very safe, so no concerns there. Breakfast was very good. Cooked to order omelet with sides and the coffee was good. Aside from the disppointment of the Manager's Reception, everything else was excellent. We will probably return to this hotel again, and hopefully they'll have improved the manager's recption which would make our stay "outstanding".

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel over a long weekend for a combination bar mitzvah/family visit weekend. We had a great time, especially in the indoor pool and jacuzzi, and the breakfast area.My 3 year old son still talks about the swimming pool.

The room had a very good layout - giving us needed space and separation, while providing the comforts of home. The bed & mattress were extremely comfortable.

Would definitely go back when visiting this area in PA.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great room, great staff, great breakfast, good price. It's my third time at this hotel, second as Embassy Suites, and I would gladly come back.

Stayed in October 2013, 3 people in the party. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because nothing is perfect.

This is not intended as a criticism of the staff, but, if you are staying here, do double-check the alarms: I turned mine off before going to bed, yet it still went off at 7:45 AM. I know my way around technology, but I guess you have to be a rocket scientist. Piece of advice: just unplug the thing if you don't need it.

Strongly recommend this hotel; it is now my first choice any time I am in or around Philadelphia.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Rooms here are suites with a good sized bedroom and bathroom with a separate sitting room and desk area. Tea and coffee making facilities along with a full size fridge and microwave are also included. Wifi is free throughout and you also get Hilton Honours points.

Breakfast is included and is excellent with plenty of choices including bacon, sausage etc as well as pastries, cold meats and fruit etc. Everything you need to get you started for the day. Dinner was ok although there was somewhat limited options. There are plenty of options locally although none you can walk to, the hotel offers a free courtesy bus to anywhere within 5 miles so that's not an issue. The bus is great for getting you to and from the King of Prussia mall as well.

Happy hour is something of an oddity with free drinks served between 5.30 and 7.30 every day. Needless to say this is a popular event and well attended!

There is a small but well equipped gym as well as a decent pool with hot tub.

The hotel is set in huge grounds but offers no areas to sit outside which is a shame as it would be a nice spot to sit out and enjoy a drink.

Overall this is a good choice hotel with great rooms, excellent facilities and friendly staff. So long as you don't intend walking anywhere you will be fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!