Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here on 2 separate occasions. The staff are great and very helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy, with a good dinning room and meal service. The only problem I had this time was my fire alarm would go off every morning after a shower, not the greatest was to wake up.

Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and location, it is always appreciated! I sincerely apologize for the alarm going off whenever you had showered, however I would like to clarify that it wasn't the fire alarm, it is a sensor that can be set off whenvever the shower is hot, and steam escapes from the bathroom. We thank you again for your comments, and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

A great value with a quality breakfast. The two rooms gave us more space for our 5 day stay. The evening reception was a great way to unwind. Very helpful staff as others mentioned but we were awaken most mornings by our neighbor talking on her cell phone at 6 am due to the thin walls. That was my only negative experience. Bedding and pillows were nice and room was clean

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2014

the staff was very helpfull and friendly,,the room was very clean ,,i especally enjoyed the cleanliness of thew dinning room,,will come back anytime in the area again...you will not be disapponted ,,,and all at a great vaue..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel looks nice, staff was friendly/helpful -- but the rooms are so paper thin you hear everything in the rooms on either side and all the hallway conversations. Not a good place to get some quiet time. Complimentary breakfast was great.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The room was Filthy! Blood stains on the sheets, stopped up sink in the bathroom. Enough Said! No food to be found in the hotel at 2:00 in the afternoon. The Elevator did not work. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will not be staying there every again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again.
In regards to the elevator not working we are in the process of upgrading our elevators at the hotel to better service our guests.
Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff is friendly to a fault and everything is impeccably maintained. The breakfast buffet is nice, but I will echo another poster - stay away from the omelet bar. The manager's reception/happy hour is great; good supply of alcohol and good snacks and a nice area to relax in.

If you value being able to exercise after work, beware. There is only ONE elliptical. There are two treadmills, one of which wasn't working properly the week I was there. Those little TVs above your workout machine of choice found at so many Embassy Suites? Do not exist. In addition, the pool area door locks are set so that you cannot gain entrance, and the staff denies there is a problem.

So, if you don't plan on working out in the hotel gym, you'll be fine and have a lovely stay. Otherwise, choose a different hotel!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Based on where I was working the location was excellent. The front-desk staff were outstanding but the service in the restaurant was rough at best. The breakfast buffet was average for an Embassy Suites, the layout was a little wonky and everyone was having to grab plates from under the buffet tables. Stay away from the omelet station though. The cooks on the omelet station were not the nicest and were basically putting toppings on top of a round puck of scrambled eggs.

The overall facilities were also a little aged. The HVAC unit in my room was pulling away from the wall leaving a nasty, dust covered mess visible. Other fixtures worked but looked very worn out. The phones didn't want to work in the room as well. The bed was very comfortable though, so that's a plus.

The housekeeping staff was also very good. I was forced to work out of my room one day due to snow and they were very polite and did a quick sweep with out me hardly noticing there were there.

Bottom line - If I were back in the area on business I'd stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!