Wayne Hotel
EmbassySuites.com
US$154
US$88
  • Pool
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia(King of Prussia)(Great Value!)
US$139
CrownePlaza.com
US$141
US$128
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain lineparamour restaurantfront porchlancaster avenuecontinental breakfastcharming hotelretirement communitynon chaincute townphiladelphia areasmall hotelchain hotelsgreat showerhard boiled eggswithin walking distanceyogurtfavorite hotel
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I needed a hotel room for just a couple of nights while visiting my parents in Haverford. They live in a Retirement Community, where they usually have rooms for visiting relatives, but nothing was available.
Lucky me! I ended up ignoring the hotel suggestion from their front desk to try The Radnor Hotel, and found the nearby Wayne Hotel. Firstly, the train from Center City Philadelphia's 30th Street Station stops a very close walking distance behind the hotel. It's almost too easy. I was delighted when I walked into the elegantly renovated Wayne Hotel. It's large porch is so chic with the whirling ceiling fans, and diners enjoying a meal or cocktails on deep modern seating, or at tables with white linens and candlelight.
My room was spacious, very comfortable and decorated in a vintage style without any "old lady" feel. It's beds were new, luxuriously outfitted, and cozy. The bathroom was sleek and marble. The air conditioning was mine to set, which is perfect.
During my stay I didn't have the pleasure of eating in the dining room, which is so lovely looking, but I did enjoy their complimentary continental breakfast in the bar, which included fresh pastries, fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea and fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices.
I noticed that the hotel had two wedding parties staying there on the holiday weekend when I was visiting. I also overheard a desk clerk speaking to a group of guests who were obviously coming back from a party in their wedding clothes at 1:00 AM. The desk clerk kindly but firmly reminded the group that the hotel was full of guests that were sleeping, and that loud or inconsiderate behavior would be addressed immediately by the hotel. I guess they deal with this kind of thing often. I was relieved, as I was waiting for the elevator and praying that this celebratory group wasn't headed for my floor.
My stay there couldn't have been nicer.

Poor Mom and Dad. I'll never stay in their place again.

I checked out of the hotel when a drizzle of rain had just started, and the young woman at the desk offered me an umbrella to take with me, telling me that she just buys them at "the dollar store". What a doll! I called her 20 minutes later from the train when I remembered that I had forgotten the power cord for my Mac, and she promised to mail it promptly to my home in NYC, which she did.
These people are so darn nice.
So, thank you Wayne Hotel. I'll be back as soon as I can. For those of us who don't take many vacations, this turned a nice routine visit to my parents into a mini vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Wayne Hotel recently. Welcomed by staff with an easy check in. Historic hotel that has been renovated. The wrap around porch is very inviting and a great place to relax and dine. The restaurant was slightly overpriced but a continental breakfast that was included was very nice. Overall, the hotel is located in the heart of Wayne and easily accessible to everything including the train station. As a perk we were able to use the gym at a neighboring sister hotel. Recommend that if you are in Wayne you stay here.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while moving our daughter into a local college. There are few hotels right on the Main Line and we didn't want to be in a commercial, cookie-cutter area, so we chose the Wayne Hotel. The staff was friendly and excellent; the overnight desk clerk even made me coffee ridiculously early in the morning both days. The room was clean and comfortable. We never had trouble parking and were not aware of any noise, Breakfast had plenty of options and the coffee was good and strong. Best perk of all: there's a WONDERFUL French pastry shop right across the street! We hope to stay at the Wayne Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Very nice rooms and furnishings. Great desk staff. The cleaning staff was incredibly noisy, and cleaning extended well past 7 p.m. Nice continental breakfast for a light eater. Great walking along main street. Beautiful town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel is beautiful in its overall architecture and appeal. The lobby is very welcoming with a great symbiosis of old and new. The front porch is exquisite for reading or dining! Very helpful staff. The room was roomy, and clean, but the decor falls just a bit short of what one expects from the rest of the hotel. Well above average, but I couldn't help feeling that a small increment of upgrade would have made a huge difference. The beds are double size but fastened to queen headboards. The rest of the scheme bordered a bit on motel design... Despite this small failing, it is an excellent place to stay, and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family