“Lovely little hotel and township”
Review of Wayne Hotel

and 1 more site!
Wayne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, bar and restuarant. Lovely little town with bars and restuarants within walking distance. I was on business in radnor and it was perfect for this being only a few minutes away by car. Look forward to coming back

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Wayne Hotel

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed at the Wayne Hotel for a business trip recently. It's a very classy place with traditional decor and architecture. The historic building has been maintained very well. My room was small but the furnishings and bed were excellent. The bathroom was updated and had a nice big rain shower. The only downside was the lack of a fitness center/swimming pool. The staff suggested I could use the Radnor Hotel's fitness center that is a mile away, but it was not really convenient. Overall, it was a different but very good experience from the usual chain business hotels.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Free continental breakfast in the Paramour restaurant was reasonably good. I didn't try the dinner at the restaurant because the area around the hotel has plenty of restaurants. Downtown Wayne is a great place to walk around with several bars, restaurants, shops and the Wayne movie theater.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GSR07
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I booked the Wayne Hotel for our wedding's out of town guests, and booked ourselves into the hotel's Askin Suite. The hotel is beautiful and our guests loved staying there, with its laid-back, classy ambience, gorgeous architecture, and the fun town of Wayne just steps away.

The Askin Suite was the perfect place for the bride and groom to stay, as it provided plenty of room for the hair and makeup and elegant and sophisticated backdrops for pre-wedding photographs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the Wayne Hotel Twice.
The First time was to get our son moved into Villanova & the Second time was last weekend for Parents Weekend. Both times we had a great really relaxing time which was needed after the many trips up to his 4th floor dorm room!
The Location is Great only a block away from the main drag "Wayne Ave" where all the restaurants are and shops are.
The Staff at the Hotel are very responsive to your needs, the rooms are Clean the Showers are Nice ample Hot Water and the 2 rooms we stayed in were big enough to fit our Queen Size Inflatable bed for our son to stay with us when he wanted too.
The Only Knock was the pull out sleeper sofa, glad we had the inflatable!
The other good thing about the location was the ease of getting back and forth to the University AND the "King Of Prussia Mall."
Really Look Forward to going back to vist our son the Hotel Feels Like Home!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I needed a hotel room for just a couple of nights while visiting my parents in Haverford. They live in a Retirement Community, where they usually have rooms for visiting relatives, but nothing was available.
Lucky me! I ended up ignoring the hotel suggestion from their front desk to try The Radnor Hotel, and found the nearby Wayne Hotel. Firstly, the train from Center City Philadelphia's 30th Street Station stops a very close walking distance behind the hotel. It's almost too easy. I was delighted when I walked into the elegantly renovated Wayne Hotel. It's large porch is so chic with the whirling ceiling fans, and diners enjoying a meal or cocktails on deep modern seating, or at tables with white linens and candlelight.
My room was spacious, very comfortable and decorated in a vintage style without any "old lady" feel. It's beds were new, luxuriously outfitted, and cozy. The bathroom was sleek and marble. The air conditioning was mine to set, which is perfect.
During my stay I didn't have the pleasure of eating in the dining room, which is so lovely looking, but I did enjoy their complimentary continental breakfast in the bar, which included fresh pastries, fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea and fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices.
I noticed that the hotel had two wedding parties staying there on the holiday weekend when I was visiting. I also overheard a desk clerk speaking to a group of guests who were obviously coming back from a party in their wedding clothes at 1:00 AM. The desk clerk kindly but firmly reminded the group that the hotel was full of guests that were sleeping, and that loud or inconsiderate behavior would be addressed immediately by the hotel. I guess they deal with this kind of thing often. I was relieved, as I was waiting for the elevator and praying that this celebratory group wasn't headed for my floor.
My stay there couldn't have been nicer.

Poor Mom and Dad. I'll never stay in their place again.

I checked out of the hotel when a drizzle of rain had just started, and the young woman at the desk offered me an umbrella to take with me, telling me that she just buys them at "the dollar store". What a doll! I called her 20 minutes later from the train when I remembered that I had forgotten the power cord for my Mac, and she promised to mail it promptly to my home in NYC, which she did.
These people are so darn nice.
So, thank you Wayne Hotel. I'll be back as soon as I can. For those of us who don't take many vacations, this turned a nice routine visit to my parents into a mini vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed at the Wayne Hotel recently. Welcomed by staff with an easy check in. Historic hotel that has been renovated. The wrap around porch is very inviting and a great place to relax and dine. The restaurant was slightly overpriced but a continental breakfast that was included was very nice. Overall, the hotel is located in the heart of Wayne and easily accessible to everything including the train station. As a perk we were able to use the gym at a neighboring sister hotel. Recommend that if you are in Wayne you stay here.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while moving our daughter into a local college. There are few hotels right on the Main Line and we didn't want to be in a commercial, cookie-cutter area, so we chose the Wayne Hotel. The staff was friendly and excellent; the overnight desk clerk even made me coffee ridiculously early in the morning both days. The room was clean and comfortable. We never had trouble parking and were not aware of any noise, Breakfast had plenty of options and the coffee was good and strong. Best perk of all: there's a WONDERFUL French pastry shop right across the street! We hope to stay at the Wayne Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Wayne Hotel? Share your experiences!