“Springsteen likes it-- so did I.”
Review of Wayne Hotel

Wayne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Boston, MA
“Springsteen likes it-- so did I.”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was booked into the Wayne Hotel by a client, and spent two days there in January, 2014. I found parking out front, and liked the old feel of the hotel, from its spacious lobby to wide hallways. Staff were friendly and courteous. My room, however, didn't feel old--they've been renovating at least the third floor rooms, and mine seemed crisp, modern and new. The room was spacious and quiet. The continental breakfast wasn't the most varied I've ever seen, but there were pastries, bread and bagels, and a variety of cereals to choose from. My only complaint is that there were loud parties downstairs both nights I was there--and it's not the parties themselves that bothered me, but the discovery, on the morning I checked out, that someone had backed out of the parking space next to mine and left a long scratch/gouge in the driver's and rear passenger door—I'm guessing someone who had been whooping it up the night before.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gathering_No_Moss_1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hopewell
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Wayne Hotel in November 2013 and, other than a large group making noise in the hallway in the middle of the night, and a not-very-well sealed door, we loved our stay. About five months ago we attempted to make a reservation for our daughter's graduation in May 2014. We were told that they were not booking rooms for May yet and that we would be put on a waiting list and notified in January. Today, January 14, my husband called and had to insist they tell him the status of our reservation. Only then was he told that we were on the fifth page of Excel sheets of reservations, for a hotel that has 40 rooms! Needless to say all other area hotels have already been booked. How unprofessional not to tell us five months ago that our chances of being booked were slim, or at least notifying us in early January, as we were promised. When I called the Courtyard by Marriott in Devon, the representative told me they were booked but made other suggestions and helped me make a reservation elsewhere. Now that's service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank writerteacher
Bethlehem, NY
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hubby and I stayed here overnight while visiting family in the area. We took our chances based on reviews rather than staying in a chain hotel. It was very nice. Super-convenient, with parking at the door, immaculately clean, and everyone we encountered was kind and helpful. It was a bit noisy in the evening because there were some little kids running around in the hallway near our room and slamming doors, but they calmed down and it became nice and quiet - .so much so that we slept too late to enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the morning, which stopped serving at 9:30. Staff was nice enough to let us get juice and coffee to go. I'm sure they would have let us take some pastries or muffins too, but we decided to seek out a sit-down breakfast on the road.

The hotel had a European feel to it - narrow corridors and moderately sized rooms. We thought it was great. We will stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

look up the word 'accommodation' in the dictionary better still look into the Wayne Hotel in PA you'll find it like I did then years ago and now at holiday time, even made better by the Paramour
restaurant with bistro. Staff from first welcome really interested in your comfort. It won't be your last time there that's a promise.

Room Tip: higher floors quieter. Staff changed reserved lower at my arrival and increased comfort!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
westchester, new york
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We loved this historic small hotel - quiet and comfortable room, excellent continental breakfast included in the room rate, great location, and attentive staff. We left our car at the hotel and took the SEPTA line to downtown Philadelphia, avoiding the hassle of parking and traffic. I much prefer the Wayne to the hotels we have stayed at during previous visits to Philadelphia; it's also an excellent place to stay when visiting the area colleges.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank elizabethc523
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my three-night stay. Although the room decorations are a little staid, the bed was superbly comfortable (I wish I owned one just like it....), and the linens and towels were new and fresh. My only complaint is that the room has no appliances or facilities for making coffee or tea. Very quiet on top floor; excellent wifi. The continental breakfast buffet featured first-class croissants (better than the ones you find in many a Paris joint) along with other delicious pastries, and although the rest of the spread was more down to earth it was all very pleasant. The bar and restaurant are beautifully styled; they also make quite a contrast with the Victorian lobby.

All in all, a very good establishment in which I would not hesitate to stay if I needed a bed in suburban Philadelphia.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for the top floor (i.e. fifth floor).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John R
Glen Rock, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

The Wayne hotel is tired, but okay. The room was clean and tidy, linens were obviously fresh, but it just doesn't have any style. The lobby area, bar and their restaurant, Paramour, are all quite nice. We had an excellent meal at Paramour.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Wayne Hotel? Share your experiences!