“I will never stay there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wayne Hotel

Wayne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Cleveland, Ohio
“I will never stay there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My family and I have been frequent guests of the Wayne Hotel over the last 12-15 years. I had booked a reservation for this Saturday for my wife and me.

My wife was arriving before me and I asked for an early check-in based on availability. Their policy is to allow guests into an available room up to four hours in advance of the hotel's regular check-in time (3:00 pm). My wife was going to arrive at 930 am and the hotel told me they would have to charge her an additional fee of 50% of the room night.

So my wife's choice was to pay an additional fee or to sit in the lobby for 90 minutes while her room was unoccupied.

Given I have been a good customer, and my wife would be traveling for some time by the time she reached the hotel, I asked them to waive the fee. The front desk manager said she would not, but she did lower the fee to $35.

I have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels, inns and b&b's around the world and I have never encountered such a policy.

Hard to believe the Wayne Hotel's reaction, so I cancelled my reservation. So much for taking care of your good customers which will result in losing business in the future - all for the sake of $35.00

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 326PJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Our daughter attends Villanova so I was excited to find the perfect place for us to stay when we visit. The location is ideal with shops and restaurants around the corner. This boutique hotel is beautiful with a large sitting room, fantastic restaurant, and the porch is awesome. While the rooms are not quite as ample as one might prefer, the rest of the property more than makes up for it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy M
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here due to weather woes in the area and have heard good things. Have driven by many times and was surprised by how big it was inside once I actually went it. Rooms are a tad on the small side and the tv does not have any on demand services or menu. Room key is a very old, classic gold key with a dead bolt on the door. Little annoying especially when coming back to the room from the lobby bar ;). VERY nice bar at Paramor (the restaurant) but be sure to bring your credit card if you do not get there for the happy hour.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was booked into the Wayne Hotel by a client, and spent two days there in January, 2014. I found parking out front, and liked the old feel of the hotel, from its spacious lobby to wide hallways. Staff were friendly and courteous. My room, however, didn't feel old--they've been renovating at least the third floor rooms, and mine seemed crisp, modern and new. The room was spacious and quiet. The continental breakfast wasn't the most varied I've ever seen, but there were pastries, bread and bagels, and a variety of cereals to choose from. My only complaint is that there were loud parties downstairs both nights I was there--and it's not the parties themselves that bothered me, but the discovery, on the morning I checked out, that someone had backed out of the parking space next to mine and left a long scratch/gouge in the driver's and rear passenger door—I'm guessing someone who had been whooping it up the night before.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gathering_No_Moss_1
Hopewell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Wayne Hotel in November 2013 and, other than a large group making noise in the hallway in the middle of the night, and a not-very-well sealed door, we loved our stay. About five months ago we attempted to make a reservation for our daughter's graduation in May 2014. We were told that they were not booking rooms for May yet and that we would be put on a waiting list and notified in January. Today, January 14, my husband called and had to insist they tell him the status of our reservation. Only then was he told that we were on the fifth page of Excel sheets of reservations, for a hotel that has 40 rooms! Needless to say all other area hotels have already been booked. How unprofessional not to tell us five months ago that our chances of being booked were slim, or at least notifying us in early January, as we were promised. When I called the Courtyard by Marriott in Devon, the representative told me they were booked but made other suggestions and helped me make a reservation elsewhere. Now that's service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank writerteacher
Bethlehem, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hubby and I stayed here overnight while visiting family in the area. We took our chances based on reviews rather than staying in a chain hotel. It was very nice. Super-convenient, with parking at the door, immaculately clean, and everyone we encountered was kind and helpful. It was a bit noisy in the evening because there were some little kids running around in the hallway near our room and slamming doors, but they calmed down and it became nice and quiet - .so much so that we slept too late to enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the morning, which stopped serving at 9:30. Staff was nice enough to let us get juice and coffee to go. I'm sure they would have let us take some pastries or muffins too, but we decided to seek out a sit-down breakfast on the road.

The hotel had a European feel to it - narrow corridors and moderately sized rooms. We thought it was great. We will stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

look up the word 'accommodation' in the dictionary better still look into the Wayne Hotel in PA you'll find it like I did then years ago and now at holiday time, even made better by the Paramour
restaurant with bistro. Staff from first welcome really interested in your comfort. It won't be your last time there that's a promise.

Room Tip: higher floors quieter. Staff changed reserved lower at my arrival and increased comfort!