“Needs Better Management”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
A TripAdvisor Member
“Needs Better Management”
Reviewed 11 August 2005

I stayed at the Wayne Hotel for one night during a visit to the area where I grew up. It had been about 12 years since I last stayed there.

The room itself was clean but the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. I was particularly disappointed that the high speed internet access became unavailable for most of my stay. It had been working when I first checked in but was down the rest of the evening and next morning. When I called the front desk I was told that other guests had the same problem. The front desk person tried to reboot, etc. but to no avail. When I asked if there was an 800 number for the internet service provider, I was told that there wasn't one. The front desk person didn't know how to contact the internet service provider and advised me that the manager would be back on Monday morning (this was on Saturday). I found it unacceptable that the hotel was unable or unwilling to try to fix the problem. The Wayne Hotel seems to have a substantial business customer base and internet access is essential to business travelers these days. If the TV service had been out would they have said there was nothing they could do until Monday?

The public areas were fair but could use some sprucing up. In the hallway on my floor there was a terrible odor the entire time I was there. I could not tell if it was a food smell from the kitchen, or worse. Fortunately the odor did not enter my room.

The continental breakfast on Sunday morning was fair at best. I was the only person in the breakfast room for about 20 minutes that morning. To my surprise, no one on the staff showed up during that time to see if anything needed refreshening, if everything was in working order, etc. The hotel seemed really dead and generally unattended.

In all, the Wayne Hotel served it's purpose that night for me. However, despite the ideal location in the charming town of Wayne and adjacent to the train line into Philadelphia, I can not say I would be eager to stay there again until and unless management took a more active interest in the place.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2004

Was expecting a lovely B&B sort of experience and the web page pictured lovely chintz wallpapered rooms with 4 poster beds, Our room was stark white and in need of a paint job and quite frankly dreery and depressing. Ther was an old and dirty air conditioner filter proped up against the sofa bed which was by the way the most unacceptable hotel bed I've ever been offered , my daughter had to sleep with us. The bland all white and in need of a paint job decor carried into the dreary bathroom. In all we hated this property .

4 Thank ckhan59
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2004

We took a chance on this independant on a recent visit to the Philadelphia area and we were able to secure a great discount through the hotel's reservation office. So, this place has just 40 rooms. The location is awesome - right in the heart of a beautiful town with a movie theater, shopping and more restaurants than you would need. We were able to get in to Philadelphia on the local train, which is a block behind the hotel. On the down side, the work-out facility is not on-site (it's at the sister hotel, 1/2 mile away) and the restaurant does not offer room service. The staff are what you'd expect at a smaller hotel: genuinely nice and completely interested in your comfort. On future visits to Philly or its suburbs, we won't stay anywhere else.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Wayne Hotel? Share your experiences!