“Nice place, but needs freshening up”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Radnor Hotel

Radnor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice place, but needs freshening up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Nothing really wrong with this hotel, but I guess it is positioned as an upscale hotel and it falls short of that.
- Breakfast staff somewhat uninformed/not very well trained
- Not many outlets in your room - or say as many as you would expect in the '60s when the only thing you would plug was your curler... And that outlet is not conveniently located to plug your computer and work at the desk

3 Thank Luc V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
old greenwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

That's why you'd stay here. The people are friendly but the place is tired. By all means, do not book a room on what they call the Lower Level, unless you love eau de mildeu.
The location is superb for any Main Line business. In fact I can't believe there's not at least one really good hotel out there.

Room Tip: Not on the Lower Level
2 Thank edwardvick
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I recently tried to book rooms for my out of town wedding guests for this October. The Radnor Hotel was originally one of my first choices because I have been to events there before that have always been well done, and it was one of the nicer choices in my area.

When I called, the front desk was very polite and transferred me to whoever books groups. I spent no more than 5 minutes on the phone with the group rate employee who seemed to be annoyed with me because I was trying to ask questions and find out what an "expert" thought I would need (since it was my first time ever trying to book a group at a hotel). I was in the middle of explaining that I wanted to set up potential rooms for up to two dozen guests when I was asked how many rooms I would need. When I said I wasn't sure, and gave my approximate estimate of how many I might need, I was rudely told that they, "Don't block out rooms for less than 10 definite rooms and I wouldn't be able to get any group rate at all," and was hung up on.

I booked my rooms at the Hampton Inn in Chadds Ford instead. They're much nicer, answer all questions, and take time to actually help you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne D
lprevost, Owner at Radnor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
In response to Anne D. regarding her attempt to Reserve a Block of Rooms in October of this year , I find her decision to send her Guests to a limited service hotel over 23 miles away based on a phone call falls far short of reasonable.
The size of a Weekend Room Block is critical to meeting a hotel's need to first accommodate In-house functions including Weddings , Rehearsal Dinners and Sunday Brunch. October is an extremely busy time of the year for our hotel for both In-house and Off-site weekend events.
My investigation into Anne D's. complaint finds that our standard weekend group guidelines of 5- 10 Rooms did not meet her wishes. It was not a matter of being rude , but a matter of being honest and polite with a Guest's Inquiry .
Please be assured at no time did we or would we hang up on a phone call inquiry regardless of the circumstances.
Anne D.'s rating regarding location contradicts her own statement that " The Radnor Hotel was originally one of her first choices ..."
Based on Anne D.'s own comments concerning her prior Radnor events that she had attended " The Radnor Events ... have always been well done ,.... one of the nicer choices in my area."
Anne D's unfair low Ratings are without merit by her own admission and should be removed from TripAdvisor.
Louis Prevost
Senior Vice President - General Manager
They should be removed from TripAdvisor
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Have stayed here many times as it's the closest hotel to my corporate office. Overall it's nice but wish you could better control the room temperature. Upon talking to the front desk they suggested I open the window as they had primary control for the entire hotel. They changed the breakfast to a continental in the lounge which is still good enough for me but no longer offer the hot food items. The bathroom is the smallest of any hotel which is difficult for a multi-night stay as I'd like to set out my toiletries. This is also my 2nd stay in which I've had some spiders sharing my room.

I'll stay again in the future as it is the most convenient for me but I wish I had more options.

1 Thank Dnrmil
Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel 6 times within the last year. I have stayed on several floors and each time the room is very clean. The beds/pillows are very comfortable. There is plenty of parking and a great location if you are going to visit Villanova or Wayne. The staff is extremely friendly they are always smiling. The Glenmorgan is a great spot to sit back and relax with a cocktail or a meal/ appetizer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bob h
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel was in a nice location. The mattress was not firm. I would recommend this hotel if you are intered in going to King of Prussia mall, not to far from it. It also in located by 3 different colleges.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank erinclare9482
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

PROS:
Great location, plenty of parking, delicious breakfast buffet, very comfortable bed and pillows, very clean, great quality linens and towels, excellent customer service.

CONS:
The closet! It's too small if more than one person is staying in the room, the rod is too low and causes my pants to pool at the bottom, and it's a bulky piece of furniture that really closes up the room. The bathroom vanity is not large enough - not much space to lay out toiletries. The full-size mirror should be in the entryway where we have better access to it, not next to the bed. Not enough outlets. Upgrade to HD TVs. Add a mini-fridge.

Overall, I am always very comfortable at this hotel and would keep going back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank meemsikins99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
The Inn at Villanova University
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!