“Perfect Baby Shower”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Philadelphia
“Perfect Baby Shower”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My mom & sister hosted my baby shower here this past weekend and I can not say enough wonderful things about the whole experience. From the beautiful room (garden room), to the amazing food and the impeccable service...everything was top notch! Everyone is still raving about the day and I couldn't have asked for anything better! We look forward to booking many more family events at the Radnor Hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank grande744

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

There aren't too many options in this area. This hotel has nice clean rooms that are a bit outdated. For example, hard to find a plug to recharge a cellphone. Still the decor is good, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Bar was fun in the evening. Fitness facility was mediocre, obvious many of the machines had not been serviced in a while.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rolly79
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Once again I had a wonderful stay at the Radnor. Great service and staff, exceptional amenities, easy parking, clean and well appointed room and a good location. It really doesn't get any better than this hotel. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate any special requests. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the interior garden.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Redlake406
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms for a family wedding and could not be more pleased and impressed. From making the reservations, all the way to checkout, the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Love this place.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Larry O
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed recently. I called a couple of days prior and asked for 3rd floor, quiet side. A very pleasant person told me I was all set. When I checked in, I got a room on the second floor, street side. My colleague who had no request and checked in just before me got a room on the third floor. When I complained about my assignment vs. request, I was told there was nothing they could do. Also, clearly was NOT the pleasant person I had spoken with. They basically didn't care.

I just don't get it. How could this happen? It shouldn't be so hard. Or is it as simple as they don't care? My room was booked by a business that uses them all they time. I should have, but didn't, tell them how company how customer unfriendly this hotel is. I'd never book a friend or relative there. Never, ever.

On the positive, the location is great if you need to be in the Wayne area. Also, the lounge downstairs has friendly staff.

When all is said and done, when I am next in Wayne, this won't be my first choice.

PS - I found the second floor street side room to be adequately quiet -- my miff is that they made a commitment that they failed to fulfill and then had attitude/did nothing when I questioned it.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel - but get them to double or triple promise that they will give this to you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Preston1884
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I needed a quiet room for a few days to catch up on my business paperwork and take some CE exams while my son was attending a lacrosse camp at Villanova. The desk staff was very courteous and one even helped by serving as a monitor on my online CE exams. The atmosphere at the Radnor provides an excellent setting for business meetings and for informal gatherings. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lawrence W
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Equivalent or a bit above a Marriott Courtyard with lower prices. Great location for all the Main Line colleges.

Well appointed room, a wonderfully quiet HVAC system with wall thermostat and ability to open the window, very small bathroom with sink/vanity outside of main bath, loud doors. A definite 4.5 stars due to location, value, and HVAC. Deduction for loud doors and lack of explanation of breakfast (must be ordered ahead and larger than a normal "continental").

Room Tip: Get a garden view on the north wing to limit noise from road and restaurant/ballrooms. Noise only a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
The Inn at Villanova University
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!