“Terrible”
Review of Radnor Hotel

Radnor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Awful, Awful, Awful...want noise and no sleep?? Try the Radnor Hotel. Want pathetic front desk service? Try the Radnor Hotel. Want undercooked and soggy food? Go to the Radnor Hotel. What a shame, its such a great area and we expected nothing but a pleasant stay because of the neighborhood but it was a huge mistake to equate quality and service with the area that hotel is located. Save your money and make a short drive to another hotel on the Philadelphia border or spend the extra money and choose a hotel not justifying its prices because of the area its located. It truely was a noisey nightmare and we ended our stay early and found someplace else to stay on our last night in town.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank happy402
There are newer reviews for Radnor Hotel

Reviewed 23 August 2010

This was our fifth stay at the hotel in two years and it was a pleasure to come again and find that all the Hotel Staff is still very friendly and efficient. Our suite was spacious, well appointed and maintained. The hotel's Glenmorgan restaurant serves a lobster salad for lunch, that we would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Hhhmm, was it the noisy hallways, the empty beer bottle I found in the room after it was "cleaned" and we don't drink beer, the cricket singing in my room all night, the pool and fitness centre that allows the "locals" to flood in so guests can hardly get close, the million local kids and suburban wives that change their babies' diapers in the pool even though signs clearly state to use changing areas.....no water in the rooms, terrible cleaning, dilapitated beds, small, cramped bathroom, and this is rated one of the best in this upscale neibourhood!! Ye gods!

On positive note..great running trails, nice location close to trains, lovely scenery and decent restaurant. Watch out for super hammered locals that pull up to the bar for that last quick drink that are so hammered they can barely stand, recommend a restaurant and jump in their jag, pissed and drive away with the glass with them. Charming--money doesn't buy you class or brains!

1  Thank Pelorojo13
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I stayed at the Radnor Hotel with my two young children and I had an excellent experience. The staff was extremely friendly, the food at the Glen Morgan was delicious and I thought the rates were very reasonable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My kids loved swimming in the pool and the lifeguards were fantastic and the manager, Blair, was excellent with the kids too. We had a wonderful stay and I will definitely be staying there again - rain or shine.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

we stayed on june 5 2010 having attended a wedding that night and requested a
non-smoking room. neither the wife nor myself are smokers. to our astonishment
we find today a $250 charge was assessed to our charge card today for leaving the
the room per the housekeeper as she stated it was smoked in!!
hotel management is adamant per housekeeper regard charge --
we will be adamant in legal proceedings!!!!!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank star083
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. Our daughter attends Haverford College, not far from here. I love the attention to detail (including free coffee bar in the AM), and the onsite restaurant which you can actually go to alone and not feel uncomfortable. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The garden in the courtyard is beautiful. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The price is reasonable and does not fluctuate like other hotels in the area. Parking is free and I feel very safe here. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2010

While the accomodations were quite acceptable, the lack of customer service prevailed. We were kept awake from 11:00 - 2:30 by a groups of people walking in the hallway, speaking loudly.

When i shared this with the front-desk clerk, peter, he said, "You are the first to complain, so we can't do anything about it." I asked him to remove the two breakfasts from my bill (that we did not eat) and he did, but noted that the rate-reduction was for the inconvenience of the noise.

I was very displeased as we did not get a good night's sleep, and all we got was, "I'm sorry." They could have waived the charge for the night's stay, provided us breakfast for the inconvenience or even gave us a free night for the next time we need a room in the area.

Instead, nothing...

If you like a nice place and want to take a chance on bad service, I suggest the Radnor.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
The Inn at Villanova University

Been to Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!