“Taste of Britain Not the Best I've Tried”
Review of A Taste of Britain

A Taste of Britain
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Wayne
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Taste of Britain is a cozy cafe and tea room. We serve award-winning scones, full afternoon tea, and over 40 types of loose leaf tea. We also offer a full menu of soups, salads, sandwiches, frittatas, and some great British specialties such as pasties and sausage rolls. Browse our retail area to find your favorite imported British foods and candies, as well as tea gifts and accessories. We are open Monday through Saturday from 10 am until 5 pm, but we do stop seating around 4 pm. Reservations are strongly recommended, especially if you're coming at lunchtime. We are available on Sundays for groups of 20-50 guests. We a kid-friendly and offer a child's menu including a child's afternoon tea. We also can accommodate catering orders. Call ahead for tea sandwiches and scones for your next get-together. We can have them boxed and ready for you to pick up, or we can bring the afternoon tea experience to your home, with full-service staffing. We look forward to seeing you!
West Chester, Pa.
“Taste of Britain Not the Best I've Tried”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Some former classmates and I had somewhat of a reunion in the form of afternoon tea at Taste of Britain. First of all, I don't think all the British Isles are represented here, just England. Between all of us, we sampled a smattering of what was on the menu: tea sandwiches, scones, soup, salad, teas and rooibos. My black bean, corn and tomato soup would have been passable, but it was way too salty. The house salad was standard salad fare -lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and had a generous portion of walnuts -not something a dieter necessarily wants. I think the scones were the highlight of the day. The other sweets -cupcakes and cookies- seemed pretty lackluster. I enjoyed my gingerbread roibos -a drink made from an Indian plant which is naturally decaffeinated. My friends remarked that their teas, served in individual pots with strainers, were to their liking.

The service was very pleasant. Our waiter put up with our noisy crew, and was charming and efficient.

So, Taste of Britain it really isn't, and I've had real English home cooking; it isn't that, either. However, if you're looking for a pleasant atmosphere in which to enjoy afternoon tea with scones, you might enjoy coming here.

• Visited December 2012

Collegeville PA
“Did Not Agree with Us”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I stopped in here for lunch one weekday and fortunately I made reservations as the place was packed. It's a relatively small, but charming, place with about 15 tables or so plus a little nook area behind the register for groups. A lot of the patrons that day looked like retired folks or stay-at-home Mom's. People were dressed pretty casually, which was fine with me. There were several kids there that day as well.

The food was good. My wife had the tea sandwiches while I had the turkey with cranberry butter on a croissant, and we each had a different scone for desert. The scone was a little dry and I have had better. Unfortunately, the food did not agree with either of us and we did not enjoy the next few hours!

With so many other tea rooms in the surrounding area, we'll try some other ones out first before coming back here.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank GigemAggie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes Britain indeed”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Came here with my wife and daughter. The service is impeccable and the food is brilliant.
Wife had the Cornish pastry and she finished. Daughter had the cheese and chutney croissant and she cleaned her plate to the last piece.
Reminded us of tea in Kenya and London.
My salad was fresh and crunchy and the dressing was silky and scrumptious.

We had vanilla cream tea ( no cream ) and we were back in Windsor right by the canals.

1 Thank Devgil
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“'Taste of America'”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

If you want to taste true traditional British food in America, this is not the place to visit. Better to visit Britain. Americans seem to love it, as it is always crowded, and it is because all the food had so many sweetened extras thrown in, which are not needed. Once you have enjoyed true great British food, it is simply delicious, without all the frills. I think it is better named 'Taste of America'.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank Teatime-today
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a proper Afternoon Tea experience!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

If you want to go for "Afternoon Tea"and dont want to spend lots of money at the Four Season. or go into the city.. this is your place.

Been to A Taste of Britain? Share your experiences!