“Great food.”

Cuisines: Persian
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Fantastic alternative to typical burger & fries or salad lunch in Wayne. This is really good Persian, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Food.

5  Thank paris7002

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was a first for me - as far as Persian is concerned. The food was very delicious, simple but wonderful seasonings. I have no complaints except for the pricing. I'll be back next year!

Prices, at least I thought, are a bit high however the quality of the food was exceptional! Though it is not a place you can have more than 3 complete meals for dinner per week (if you are on a budget - the cost), I'd say that if you can afford the bill, then by all means, enjoy the food! Again, it is not the quality (or service) vs. the food (both were exceptional), its just the cost, especially for the area (not a put down). I give it a 5 star especially considering it was my first Persian (usually your first is ever better than a 2 star).

1  Thank Tony J
Reviewed 5 December 2011

MMMMmmmm! I just finished my lunch of Baba Ganoush and baby carrots. I'm at work..but got this to take out from Kabob Cafe. I'm gonna tell you a bit about this, Kabob Cafe, my favorite local place.
First of all, the family who owns this place, and the staff are great. Far is so friendly as is everybody else. Always greeted with a smile, and always full of information when I have any questions to ask--I really feel very comfortable here. It is THAT kind of familial place that is just so charming and great. Don't expect a fancy-schmancy restaurant--because it isn't based on ambiance. Kabob is based on good, basic Persian food and that is what you will get and you will get plenty of it.
The baba ganoush is the best I've ever had--hands down. It doesn't resemble the usual Baba Ganoush--this is nice and light and garlicky, and red and loose, and eggplanty and it is just so great with the fabulous bread they serve. The hummus is excellent as well. I also have to put in a great word for the cauliflower "salad". It is a favorite of mine. I love the crunchiness of the cauliflower, but the dressing is tart and creamy and just refreshing!
The falafel sandwich is also very good as well. We do a lot of take-out from here. They do deliver within a radius, but I actually like to go into Kabob just to visit! The menu isn't a large one but it is substantial.
All the food is extremely good.
May I suggest that the next time you are in Gateway shopping center--perhaps after checking out of TJ Maxx or the Hallmark store--take a little walk over to Kabob Cafe. Even if you are not hungry--go get a menu, or go and order some takeout for later in the day. You really will be pleasantly surprised!
Thank you for reading this--but you will be thanking me when you taste the food;)

1  Thank jarona
Reviewed 16 November 2011

No fireworks the evening we were there. Everything seemed to be running smoothly, staff was polite and helpful and cooperative, and they even offered us a small sample of the rice bowl.

Walking by the front of the Kabab Cafe one might think it is a semi fast-food restaurant in a strip mall and walk on. That might be a mistake. It's not "fancy" but clean and nicely decorated. If you look at their web site you get an accurate picture of what the interior looks like (kababcafe.com) and their offerings and prices.

I think lunch is their busy time for workers in near-by offices. We were there about 5-6 PM and there were about 4-6 customers while we were there. A number of phoned in take-outs went out the door.

Food was excellent. My brother had a chicken kabab plate (joojeh); I had a beef patter (barg). Both were excellent and appeared promptly (but then they were not busy). Both were nicely spiced and came with rice and your choice of an interesting side salad. Quantity and quality were just great. I'm sorry I didn't try the falafel as that's often a good test for a middle eastern restaurant.

I'd certainly go back if I were in the neighborhood again.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Please do not waste your time here. Food is bad. Service is worse.

Been to kabab cafe? Share your experiences!