“Okay Kabobs”

Cuisines: Persian
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is not your usual kabob place. They have BBQ chicken kabobs and kabobs with buffalo wings sauce for example. I ordered the Doner Kabob (gyro) sandwich. The bread was excellent and the meat was okay - not very spiced so a little bland. However, instead of the usual yoghurt sauce, the sandwich had lettuce, tomato, pickles and a sort of russian dressing. Pickles??? Once I took all that stuff off and added some yoghurt sauce, it was a pretty good sandwich. If you are looking for traditional kabobs, that's not generally what is offered at this restaurant. If you like the idea of BBQ and buffalo wings kabobs, this might be the place for you.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I am so speechless about how wonderful this place is, but the food was amazing the service was great and the atmosphere was very clean even tho they had a full dining room... The girl that waited on me had dark hair she was the reason why I actually stayed and ended up ordering 5 platters because of her warm and welcoming attitude...After I tried the food I fell in love with this place I highly recommend it to everyone and all my friends and family members... If u want a great experience go to this place

1  Thank Nina425
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My first order lasted FIVE meals. I first learned about Kabab Cafe from an ad in a local circular (The Clipper). I've never had Persian food specifically, but I'm a lover of middle eastern cuisine so I figured, "It has to be close!" (And it is.) I have to say for starters that whoever answered the phone was so courteous...my intention for calling was really just to see if Kabab delivered in my area (Betzwood) - they do, he said. I got so excited I went ahead and placed an order. (There aren't any other restaurants in this area that deliver this kind of food!) Well, I ordered the Kabab Soltani Joojeh Platter - and it arrived exactly as it looks online and in the ad. The only disadvantage from seeing this meal online or in an ad is that it can't be tasted! My goodness. Remembering the seasonings is literally making my mouth water as I type. I also ordered a la carte falafels and the stuffed grape leaves. Also delicious. (I recommend the cucumber yogurt sauce to go with the falafels.) The order arrived in less than an hour, and included a baggie of naan bread that was still warm from the oven. I was in kabab heaven. :) I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I was searching for a restaurant while here from out of town. Reviews of this restaurant were good so decided to take a chance. It should be noted somewhere that this isn't a sit-down restaurant, in fact you order at a counter over the deli case and the food is brought to you on paper plates. The food itself is very good and plentiful, but I was expecting more of a sit-down meal with a glass of wine. Just didn't meet my expectations at the time....not that I wouldn't return. Just know what you're getting and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank lmasood
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Fantastic alternative to typical burger & fries or salad lunch in Wayne. This is really good Persian, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Food.

5  Thank paris7002

Been to kabab cafe? Share your experiences!